2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Noob in search of '09 Fit Sport Taffeta White!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Arrow Noob in search of '09 Fit Sport 5spd in Taffeta White!

Hey ff! Been registered for a month or so I think. Anyways, i've never bought a new car before, but i'm definitely in the process of getting a new one. Having a super hard time finding a TW '09 Sport 5spd though...looking through AutoTrader.com - Buy Used Cars, New Cars, Sell a Car, Find Car Dealers even at dealers 250-300 miles away with no luck.

I'm wondering if any of you work for Honda and could possibly clue me in as to where one might be located! I'm at zip 37660, willing to drive.

And just curious, is this just a hard combination to find?

Last edited by Hondafrk; 02-07-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
You are probably looking for the rarest color--taking into account both demand and supply. I waited 3 months for mine and they had to trade with another dealership 1000 miles away.

EDIT: I do have a 5-speed Taffeta White...I need to make a new sig.

Last edited by Goodguy-Fly; 02-07-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
man thats one of the HARDEST COMBO TO FIND. first of all, you're looking for TW, THE MOST RAREST COLOR for all of HONDA. and also, fits now a day are harder to come by. the easiest to look for first is the base model then the sport then the EXTREMLY HARD TO FIND FIT WITH NAVI. im actually at a honda dealership now n i just asked the salesman that sold me my car.

my advice is, keep on searching until you find the perfect car. i know i did and i LOVE MY BLUE SENSATIONAL PEARL '09 FIT W/NAVI! i had to wait 3 months for it. just be patient its SO WORTH IT

Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Autotrader and cars.com are both good, but maybe not up to date on what they have in, or what is in port.
Use autotrader and cars.com to email say 6 dealers, tell them what you want.
I think you will find a car fairly quick, or on it's way to a dealer.
Is taffy white rare? yeah to some degree it is. Shouldn't be all that bad.
Now if you wanted a TW manual Navi, that would be very difficult

Old 02-07-2009, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly
You are probably looking for the rarest color--taking into account both demand and supply. I waited 3 months for mine and they had to trade with another dealership 1000 miles away.

EDIT: I do have a 5-speed Taffeta White...I need to make a new sig.
lol, I had no clue it was so rare! I talked to the dealer a month or so ago, and he said that there were 3 TW ones in the 7 states surrounding me with the 5spd sport package, and that they could get one. He said there were 9 in the whole process....3 being made, 3 being shipped, and 3 on the ground. Couldn't believe how scarce they are! Not looking for the Navi though, I have a pretty good sense of direction, and when I don't; the ole Garmin will find it.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
lol, I had no clue it was so rare! I talked to the dealer a month or so ago, and he said that there were 3 TW ones in the 7 states surrounding me with the 5spd sport package, and that they could get one. He said there were 9 in the whole process....3 being made, 3 being shipped, and 3 on the ground. Couldn't believe how scarce they are! Not looking for the Navi though, I have a pretty good sense of direction, and when I don't; the ole Garmin will find it.
Good luck with the find. You will be so happy with the color.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly
Good luck with the find. You will be so happy with the color.
Thank you sir. Its freakin killing me right now lol, the Honda dealer in my city which is like 3 miles down the road have a TW Sport, but its the autotragic.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Vehix found two, both about 270 miles away from that zip.

http://www.vehix.com/inventory/Searc...iusInMiles=300

Last edited by Fit2Bleed; 02-07-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Old 02-07-2009, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Good luck! hahahahhahah i have one.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:26 PM
hey good luck finding one... i actually settled for a TW manual sport fit... i was trying to find a black one... oh well but ya im on the island of oahu in hawaii! =) i actually had to look on a neighbor island to get one. It's coming in on monday yay!

Old 02-07-2009, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
i see your from kingsport i'm from knoxville the two dealers around me have 5 tw sports but all auto.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinn
Good luck! hahahahhahah i have one.
LUCKY /end Napoleon voice

Originally Posted by vincent001
hey good luck finding one... i actually settled for a TW manual sport fit... i was trying to find a black one... oh well but ya im on the island of oahu in hawaii! =) i actually had to look on a neighbor island to get one. It's coming in on monday yay!
LOL settled for one eh? Must be a different story on whats rare and what isn't in Hawaii! Congrats to you! I'll be driving one very soon!

Originally Posted by peg_leg
i see your from kingsport i'm from knoxville the two dealers around me have 5 tw sports but all auto.
Oh cool deal! Nice to see someone halfway local! I have quite a few friends that just went to some meet last night in Knoxville, at some bridge I think. I was gonna go but my civic has evidently jumped a couple teeth on the timing so its down for now, and i'm still in the process of getting this Fit. Hope i'm not breaking any rules, but you should check out Full Throttle Forums - Powered by vBulletin, quite a few posters from Knoxville, but mostly its NE TN/SW VA people, but a really good diverse board! I'm a mod on there btw with the same username, put me as a referral, lol.

Anyways, went to a neighboring city's lot today and had forgotten all about me having a friend who is a salesman there. So he took me in and basically pulled up the KBB site and pointed to the $172xx figure and said "there ya go," lol. So hopefully (pending my grandma being able to co-sign for my loan), i'll be the proud new owner of a Taffeta White 5spd Fit Sport come Monday!

They said it would take a couple days to get it in, those'll definitely be the longest days of my life, haha. Thanks to everyone for your help and advice! I'm liking this board so far!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, if you wanted auto, you could drive about 95 miles south on I-26 to Apple Tree Honda in Fletcher NC, they have 6 auto sport in stock in white, 4 of those with navi... they've had a couple 5spd in recently, so check their inventory, and also breakaway and dick brooks down in the Greenville/Spartanburg SC area (about another another hour further south from apple tree on I-26) have had a lot of inventory moving through their lots. Just check Vehix often.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mchoffa
Hey, if you wanted auto, you could drive about 95 miles south on I-26 to Apple Tree Honda in Fletcher NC, they have 6 auto sport in stock in white, 4 of those with navi... they've had a couple 5spd in recently, so check their inventory, and also breakaway and dick brooks down in the Greenville/Spartanburg SC area (about another another hour further south from apple tree on I-26) have had a lot of inventory moving through their lots. Just check Vehix often.
Thank ya sir, i've already got a line on a 5spd one through Johnson City Honda, thanks again though!

Old 02-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Good luck with your purchase!

It took me two months to find a white manual Fit Sport w/ Navi, then another two weeks of haggling to get it @ MSRP. Ridiculous. Anyways, good luck on your tip on one!

Old 02-08-2009, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Epoch
Good luck with your purchase!

It took me two months to find a white manual Fit Sport w/ Navi, then another two weeks of haggling to get it @ MSRP. Ridiculous. Anyways, good luck on your tip on one!
Thanks! Yeah I wasn't sure how long it'd take for them to find me one, but they came back pretty much right away saying that they could get me what I wanted.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
You check if the dealership could special order one for you?

Old 02-08-2009, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
are you paying MSRP? did they give you any accessories free? I am looking to get mine in a month or so, and looking in every direction to find the best deals. So far, Breakaway and Dick Brooks have the best prices, but I won't know about any incentives until I go in to make the deal.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Neebs
You check if the dealership could special order one for you?
I didn't go that far into it because that would mean I would have to wait an amount of time for it to get here. So i'm just going to do the dealer exchange, kind of sucks in a way though because it could possibly have to come from a few hundred miles away, so it'll have more mileage than I care for on it, but oh well! I'm without a car right now is the main problem because my Civic tore up a few days ago and I haven't been able to recruit any of my friends yet to help me fix 'er.

Originally Posted by mchoffa
are you paying MSRP? did they give you any accessories free? I am looking to get mine in a month or so, and looking in every direction to find the best deals. So far, Breakaway and Dick Brooks have the best prices, but I won't know about any incentives until I go in to make the deal.
Well the deal isn't anywhere near done yet, they said they couldn't put in for the dealer exchange or anything yet until I get at least a refundable deposit to them, they may infact give me accessories, but i'm not sure yet. No negotiations except for an educated estimate have been discussed, and that estimate is right at 17k, just maybe a couple hundred above MSRP.

Quick Reply: Noob in search of '09 Fit Sport Taffeta White!