2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Dead Pedal too small/short??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Dead Pedal too small/short??

Does anyone else feel like the foot rest is too short/small? I don't have like a size 20 foot. I wear a 10 1/2, 11 max. It's just awkward there. stinks....

Old 02-04-2009, 11:18 PM
The clutch foot rest is a bit of a joke really. Not much more than a rubber insert in the carpet.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah I find it small also. :/

Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
small and awkward for me also.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member
I wear a size 13 shoe, and I've never noticed it being too small. Hey, at least we have one!

Old 02-05-2009, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
It must be awkward to me as well, since I find myself never using it. And I always used them in my Subaru's

Old 03-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Is there anyway to place an aluminum cover over the existing foot rest in the '09? I know zeta products has actual dead pedals for the GD, but I'm just looking for a cover to match my aluminum pedals. Could I just adhere it with some 3M tape if the dimensions are more or less the same?

Old 03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I feel like it is a little small as well. I have size 12 launching pads so that might have a little something to do with it. Still, it is a confortable place to put my foot so it gets used. I have no doubt that the carpet around it will wear down a little over the years because of my big feet. No biggie.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
I wear a size 13 shoe, and I've never noticed it being too small. Hey, at least we have one!
Same sentiments exactly, atleast we have one! Alot of friends with the GD were looking for one before.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I find it perfectly fine, as well. . . that makes what, 3 of us? And I wear a size 11.5 US.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Im wearing a size 11 1/2 and i find it a little small as well. but not a major issue...

Old 03-05-2009, 02:00 PM
size 11 here... it seems fine to me... i dont put my WHOLE foot on it... so maybe thats the issue?

Old 03-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by superfriend
Is there anyway to place an aluminum cover over the existing foot rest in the '09? I know zeta products has actual dead pedals for the GD, but I'm just looking for a cover to match my aluminum pedals. Could I just adhere it with some 3M tape if the dimensions are more or less the same?
Yes. I took the measurements for and got the first set of racing pedals from SRP. The aluminum plate for the dead pedal is just a bit bigger than the stock plastic it screws into (which area-wise is frankly pretty big compared to other cars) and is thick enough to raise it a bit too.

Sullivan Racing Products. Fit 09+ Racing Pedals

I plan to post a thread reviewing these, but have simply been too busy to take all the pics and write it up. I really owe it to them, though, since the gave me a great deal on these and a set for my STI in exchange for my measurements and drawings.

Although the price there is for the whole setup, I'm sure you could work a deal for just the dead pedal if you wanted.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by DrPhyzx
Yes. I took the measurements for and got the first set of racing pedals from SRP. The aluminum plate for the dead pedal is just a bit bigger than the stock plastic it screws into (which area-wise is frankly pretty big compared to other cars) and is thick enough to raise it a bit too.

Sullivan Racing Products. Fit 09+ Racing Pedals

I plan to post a thread reviewing these, but have simply been too busy to take all the pics and write it up. I really owe it to them, though, since the gave me a great deal on these and a set for my STI in exchange for my measurements and drawings.

Although the price there is for the whole setup, I'm sure you could work a deal for just the dead pedal if you wanted.
Damn, that's a nice set. I already have the OEM sport pedal set from Honda, so I just found and purchased the dead pedal cover below from Fine Auto Parts | Fine Auto Accessories | Fine Auto Gifts

It basically matches the OEM sport pedals (and the dimensions are almost exact). I'll have it sometime next week, so we'll see.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by superfriend
It basically matches the OEM sport pedals (and the dimensions are almost exact). I'll have it sometime next week, so we'll see.
Well, that cover is a bit narrower and also the OEM dead pedal is an odd trapezoidal shape, so I think you'll find it doesn't quite fit but it may not matter to you. I traced mine and scanned it alongside a ruler and sent to SRP for their CNC setup. As a result, theirs is an exact trace (but slightly larger) than the OEM plastic pad. These pedals are beautiful: I really need to write that thread.

Here is a thread on these from STI-land:
New pedals for the 08 - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

Here is a small version of that scan in case anyone is interested:
2009 Fit Dead Pedal

Old 03-06-2009, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
11.5 US. Works for me. One reason I waited for the redesign to buy a Fit. Sat in an '08 model without one. Didn't know what to do with my foot. Weird. How could it not have a dead pedal?

Old 03-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by DrPhyzx
Well, that cover is a bit narrower and also the OEM dead pedal is an odd trapezoidal shape, so I think you'll find it doesn't quite fit but it may not matter to you. I traced mine and scanned it alongside a ruler and sent to SRP for their CNC setup. As a result, theirs is an exact trace (but slightly larger) than the OEM plastic pad. These pedals are beautiful: I really need to write that thread.

Here is a thread on these from STI-land:
New pedals for the 08 - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

Here is a small version of that scan in case anyone is interested:
2009 Fit Dead Pedal
I will post some pics when i get it in. I'm pretty sure it lines up more or less precisely length wise (7"), but yes, it is a hair narrower (under 1/2"). However, you really have to look closely to see the rubber shape of the OEM dead pedal. I also noticed that, although it has the trapezoidal top, that's just the rubber itself - there's still floor space in the upper left hand corner.

I like your option though, and had I not gotten the sport pedals already, would have totally gotten them (they're cheaper than everything I've done with my pedals). But I'm happy that this looks just like the OEM, with the exception of the massive "MOMO" logo.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 PM

Here it is installed. I'm very happy with the results. Length-wise, it's exact, but width-wise, it's about 1/4 in. short on each side. I installed all the way to the right side, because I just preferred that look rather than having dead center.

I had already installed the sport pedals a couple of weeks earlier, so this was my best option in terms of uniform appearance.

It sits completely flush, very snug, feels nice on my foot, and the install took a couple minutes. Which is more than I can say for the OEM sport pedals (accelerator was a total bitch).