2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Which suspension??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Which suspension??

Alrite, I wanted to ask, because theres not that much choice right now for the GE 8, which spring is better for good handling and nice drop, also comfort wouldn't hurt either, DF210, NF210, Eibach pro kit, Eibach Sportsline, RSR, I think Tein(im not sure).

Also does anybody know if a complete shocks and struts came out for the GE 8 yet?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by luv4jdm
Alrite, I wanted to ask, because theres not that much choice right now for the GE 8, which spring is better for good handling and nice drop, also comfort wouldn't hurt either, DF210, NF210, Eibach pro kit, Eibach Sportsline, RSR, I think Tein(im not sure).

Also does anybody know if a complete shocks and struts came out for the GE 8 yet?
Read all the suspension threads here and being in IL with 2 seasons, winter and road construction, I am going with EnduraTech coil overs like $895 and prolly out by spring.

If you want to read some good stuff, read Kenchans Blog in the newbie section. He is another IL guy, it is a bright intelligent fun read.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I didn't know enduratech came out wit coils, I went to their website but they don't list it. Imma go check out kenchans blog now

Old 01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't know enduratech came out wit coils, I went to their website but they don't list it. Imma go check out kenchans blog now
They are right in Schaumburg, another+ for IL guys.
They've had GD3 CO's fer maby a year, GE's hopefully by spring

Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah but considering most companies have not kept their anticipated product availability dates... I'd be willing to bet it will be later than that. Supposedly Progress will be available next month (so Joey says) but I wont hold my breath :l I'm going for RSR, I love coilovers but I cant drop that kind of money on this car yet. I have a newborn

Old 01-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by saveacivic
Yeah but considering most companies have not kept their anticipated product availability dates... I'd be willing to bet it will be later than that. Supposedly Progress will be available next month (so Joey says) but I wont hold my breath :l I'm going for RSR, I love coilovers but I cant drop that kind of money on this car yet. I have a newborn
Congrats on the newborn! I'm in the same boat. So much stuff I wanna do to the Fit but I'm on a budget and I'm restricted to BABY friendly mods!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 PM

I vote for the NF's.
I'm getting them because its a tasteful drop but nothing that is too low or is going to make it a harsh ride.
I live in the snow belt so winter driveability is always in the back of my mind.
I had the NF's on my CL-S and it was a perfect drop IMO.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:22 AM
i think i'd wait on suspension mods until tein or similar companies come out with a full suspension drop kit that comes with complete struts and not jsut drop springs :P preferrably tuneable dampeningand spring rates!

Old 01-30-2009, 12:35 AM
The df210's forsure, Imo, they could be a extra -.5 lower ftw.

But at their height, your oem struts will easily last you 60,000km's if not many more and your ride isnt much more harsh as it is from oem. Great product for the price.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:16 AM
Right now, I'm really torn between DF's and NF's... I saw the pics for the two not that much of a difference between the two I think, but NF would be better for winter since I'm in chicago... Gosh I really hope someone makes a shock and struts combo.. But I guess the DF is more toward performance than NF I'm thinking??

Old 01-30-2009, 01:39 AM
correct me if I'm wrong I heard that the Tanabe springs tend to sag more than other companies (HEARD) this was from a couple mechanics in this area since I was inquiring about getting a set. Anyways the story was that they can't withstand as much force ie. heavy loads as well as other spring companies such as Teins, Eibach, Progress and etc. Personally I wanted to get the GFs series or wait for Teins

oh ya and I still can't find anyone able to get RSR here in Toronto Ontario

Old 01-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Right now, I'm really torn between DF's and NF's... I saw the pics for the two not that much of a difference between the two I think, but NF would be better for winter since I'm in chicago... Gosh I really hope someone makes a shock and struts combo.. But I guess the DF is more toward performance than NF I'm thinking??
There is a huge diff on these 2 springs on the 09 Fit, I would say close to a 3 finger gap diff once they have settled. The nf will certainly leave you with id say a fist gap front and rear on oem wheels while the df will near be flush front and rear. I live In ottawa, damn knows we get A TON of snow. This isnt a concern though for me, you know how to drive, you have winter tires andyour good to go. My daily driver now tucks tire front and rear and Ive never been stock with it once in 4 winters here. I recall a single day of 65cm last year. SICK.

DF

Old 01-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by j6kwok
correct me if I'm wrong I heard that the Tanabe springs tend to sag more than other companies (HEARD) this was from a couple mechanics in this area since I was inquiring about getting a set. Anyways the story was that they can't withstand as much force ie. heavy loads as well as other spring companies such as Teins, Eibach, Progress and etc. Personally I wanted to get the GFs series or wait for Teins

Talk to Albert at Speedstar, Tell him, Kenny reffered you and if they cant get it for you, try JRP, my guy there works wholesale so he cant help but they can get a ton of stuff. best of luck my close friend.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j6kwok

Don't know about the Tanabe's per say, but Tein springs are total junk and sag like nothing else. Their coil overs are decent though.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by AP_ONE
There is a huge diff on these 2 springs on the 09 Fit, I would say close to a 3 finger gap diff once they have settled. The nf will certainly leave you with id say a fist gap front and rear on oem wheels while the df will near be flush front and rear. I live In ottawa, damn knows we get A TON of snow. This isnt a concern though for me, you know how to drive, you have winter tires andyour good to go. My daily driver now tucks tire front and rear and Ive never been stock with it once in 4 winters here. I recall a single day of 65cm last year. SICK.

DF
Do you have aftermarket rims on wit ur DF, cause Im thinking about either going the same size wheel on my GE or going wit 17 in, does it rub in anyway. Thx AP ONE

Old 01-30-2009, 11:23 AM

DF
Are you crazy?
three finger gap difference?

We've discussed this already. Its more like a 1/4" difference (half a finger difference)
The only difference between the DF and the NF is DF is 1/4" lower and ~10% stiffer spring rate than the NF. Some people don't like to feel every crack in the road that is why there is the NF.
You are not going to have a fist full of fender gap with the NF's!!!.
I don't know if even stock is a fist full....

If you want to be a 1/2" lower than the DF please go with the RS-R's and you personally will be happy.

Please look at the pictures here again of actual settled DF's and NF's before you make crazy assumptions.
V
V

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...210-nf210.html

Still don't believe me read it at Tanabe's website...

DF....
Model Year Spring Rates F/R Down Data F/R* Part #MSRP
09-09 1.7 / 2.0 1.3 / 1.8 TDF143 $280.0
"The spring rate is raised 10-15% to compensate for the shortened amount of suspension travel, without over stiffening the spring rate and affecting ride quality and shock lifespan."

NF....
Model Year Spring Rates F/R Down Data F/R* Part #MSRP
09-09 1.7 / 2.0 1.0 / 1.5 TNF143 $280.00

"NF210 gives the car an elegant pose, while the spring rates, which are only slightly raised (up to 5% over stock) retain factory ride quality settings."

Last edited by Committobefit08; 01-30-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Do you have aftermarket rims on wit ur DF, cause Im thinking about either going the same size wheel on my GE or going wit 17 in, does it rub in anyway. Thx AP ONE
Last I heard AP_One did not even have a fit yet. I think he is just saying he wants to put DF's on his future fit.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Ive been tuning and building cars for over the past 15 years now. Ive dealt with companies like this only too often. You can say as you want and read specs till you die. What you read and hear always isnt true till you have it with you or in this case, on your car.

I actually just went to the tanabe-usa websight, they just added pics of each spring on a white 09. Youll see exactly what i say about gap vs no gap and if you cant see the HUGE diff, then so be it.

I suggest df but thats me and many past cars Ive helped other with!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Ive been tuning and building cars for over the past 15 years now. Ive dealt with companies like this only too often. You can say as you want and read specs till you die. What you read and hear always isnt true till you have it with you or in this case, on your car.

I actually just went to the tanabe-usa websight, they just added pics of each spring on a white 09. Youll see exactly what i say about gap vs no gap and if you cant see the HUGE diff, then so be it.

I suggest df but thats me and many past cars Ive helped other with!

That's fine. I too have dealt with lowering and working on cars the past 15 years and I have experience with the Tanabe NF's and DF's, Sprint and Comptech. Tanabe keep to their specs really closely.

As for the white 09 you are refering to has been up there some time....that same car is under the NF pic and DF pic applications. That is just an example to give you an idea (not sure what springs it actually has on it). I used real member applications to give a real example.

Still don't know where you came up with the 3 finger gap and the fist measurement???

Thats fine if you suggest the DF...thats your god given right...just don't make up false facts about other springs thats my point.

Last edited by Committobefit08; 01-30-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:34 PM
To each their own, Tanabe rep had their shop install them on the car so that is the true level.

As you said again, it dont matter, Just like a opion, every asshole has one

Maybe I have more skinny fingers thaht you as well, lol jokes aside!

Quick Reply: Which suspension??