2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Finally a blue stitched MT shift boot

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Finally a blue stitched MT shift boot

Just wanted to post up a picture of my new blue-stitched shift boot. I contacted www.shiftstyle.com as they make custom shift boots. I sent them my OEM boot so they could use it as a template and make the new boot. You have a choice of materials, and stitching, and other options. These are made specifically for the 09 Fit, it came with all the proper tabs, made in the proper length, etc. You can now order boots through their site (please see my other notes below).

Raw boot:

Here it is installed:

Overall I'm pretty happy with the boot, the quality is good, but the color blue used for the stitching could have matched better (I sent them a sample of the color I wanted to match). The leather is nice and it looks 1,000X better then the stock boot, and with the TWM knob there you don't really see the mismatched thread color.

If you're ordering from ShiftStyle I have to warn you - their communication / customer service BLOWS. I waited a month and a half to get my stuff back in the mail, and I was quoted 1-2 weeks turnaround. I emailed them several times and didn't get a response, and basically had to chase them all over various car forums to get an answer. I don't know that he's out to screw anyone, I get the impression it's a one man operation and he might be overwhelmed with orders, so he's way behind. Just an assumption. My point is - if you order and he doesn't respond quickly it doesn't necessarily mean you're getting screwed. Just be persistent.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
That looks great, sucks about the stitching color being off though since I have the Honda optional shift knob, I would want the color to be spot on.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
That looks great, sucks about the stitching color being off though since I have the Honda optional shift knob, I would want the color to be spot on.
That's actually the route I was going. I bought the Honda optional knob and sent it to them with my shift boot, because I wanted them to match the stitching between the two.

Needless to say I was a bit miffed after waiting a month and a half, only to find that they didn't do what I asked them to do. Nor did they contact me to ask what they should do since they couldn't match the stitching color. They just assumed that blue was blue and sent it off...

Looking back I'm glad it worked out this way, because I love the TWM knob, but if given the chance to do it over I might get the stitching in a medium grey to match the knob, or navy blue which would match the seat insert color a bit better.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
There has been a blue-stitched shift boot from AJ-Racing for a while now:

A&J Racing :: Interior :: Shift Boots :: T1R Suede Leather Shift Boot (Blue Stitch) - Honda Fit 09+ (GE8)

I ordered mine and I should get it pretty soon. Not sure how price compares but I'm sure that the quality is awesome, since AJR always does a good job

Old 01-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by M4psycho
There has been a blue-stitched shift boot from AJ-Racing for a while now:

A&J Racing*::*Interior*::*Shift Boots*::*T1R Suede Leather Shift Boot (Blue Stitch) - Honda Fit 09+ (GE8)

I ordered mine and I should get it pretty soon. Not sure how price compares but I'm sure that the quality is awesome, since AJR always does a good job
I saw that back before I sent my stuff to ShiftStyle, but because I was trying to match the optional OEM knob I figured it would be better to go the custom route. I figured wrong.

I'm really happy with the boot, it could be slightly better but hey I got it for free, so I can't complain too much.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:51 PM
how much did you spend over all? im thinking of doing this too but i wanna just get a leather all black one, same with the stitching

Old 02-09-2009, 11:20 PM
also look into redlinegoods.com they are out of poland but they make excellent boost from scratch i have one in my dc5 black with redstiching nice thick leather so it wont tear or rip

Old 03-01-2009, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
Shift boot size in 2008 vs. 2009?

Would anyone know if the shift boots for the MT 2008 and 2009 Fit are the same size? Reason being, if ShiftStyle now has a template for a shift boot as a result of Tobey's leather shift boot order for his 2009, those of us with 2008's could request it.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
no they are not the same.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Bringing this one back from the dead, but does anyone know if the boot above is black or dark grey leather from ShiftStyle. As I look at the OE boot, it does look dark grey and not sure if a black leather one will be too much of a contrast.

Their black leather:

Their dark grey leather: