2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

rejoice, higher powers may be shining down on us

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
rejoice, higher powers may be shining down on us

Looks like, from all the announcements sprinkled about, that our days of GE owners being 2nd class citizens may be over.
I don't ever remember a GE8 owner bashing a GD3 owner and it is very important that we dont start now!

I should be jaded as I have owned quite a number of $30K-$60K cars (sorry if I am middle aged and the economy was great in the 80's and 90's) oh and that was before my wife and I adopted our 2 daughters. Great kids, and money far better spent than on any BMW, Porsche or Lotus.

Not digressing my point is my 2 generations of Fits I love as much as any of the best other cars I have owned. I mean these things are jewels and the new GE is a great evolution on the original.

Do you fully realize that your GE8 is regarded as a top 5 or top 10 choice of virtually every magazine and gets rave reviews in 95% of the road tests and reviews. We are starting to see that even the extra HP/torque is paying off at the drag strip.
rejoice LOL
* we are driving highly coveted automobiles that didnt cost us very much
* we are sending less oil $$ to other countries, some of which have people that would like to see us dead.
* and I think we are no longer 2nd class citizens, we are 2nd gen owners.
* really a nice group on these forums, dare I say especially on the second gen section

your thoughts??? please discuss!!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
I really thought you would have taken the opportunity afforded you with the respite from harsh attacks from GD owners, and moved forward and left the days of stirring up drama behind you.

But no. You have to start a thread about it.

This is your one and only warning. DROP IT.

We are not taking sides with either GDs or the GEs and you will have the same set of guidlines to follow as everyone else.

And hiding the drama within the framework of trying to be positive about the GE is not being overlooked. All this is, is an opportunity to fire another volley over to the GD side, while painting it up as a pretty thread praising the GE, and how all GE owners are awesome and don't lower themselves ever to diss a GD owner.

Now leave this GD/GE debate alone and move on. Stop talking about it, whether you think you are in the right or whatever.