2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Non-Refundable Deposit to Order '09 Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Yup it was Civics (excluding Si's), Elements, and Accords were 0% APR for well qualified customers.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
Yup it was Civics (excluding Si's), Elements, and Accords were 0% APR for well qualified customers.
Is this new/CPO? Also, does it start 2/1 & when does it expire? Thanks for the info!!

Old 01-30-2009, 12:45 PM
It's for new only. No CPO's. I forgot to look at the date. I know it's running now, but I don't remember the expire date. Possibly 1/31 from my memory, but I'll have to double check when I'm at home. I got it in the mail a little over a week ago.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
It's for new only. No CPO's. I forgot to look at the date. I know it's running now, but I don't remember the expire date. Possibly 1/31 from my memory, but I'll have to double check when I'm at home. I got it in the mail a little over a week ago.
Thanks for the info, Alpha. I'm still planning on Used though as I currently have a Civic which is too small for my needs. A new Accord is out of reach (I only want an EX) & the Element is not for me (I still like it).

Old 01-30-2009, 05:07 PM
My 09 was got from another dealer 180 miles away,they traded a black one they had for the blue one that I wanted,car was fine just tried to jack up the intrest until we got up to leave without the car,went from nearly 8% to 5.2% so We got the car and been happy with it,now my F350 and my GT mustang set most of the time.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned
Hey BuffaloHonda,

The only way that a "non-refundable" deposit would stand up in court is if your cancellation of the sale could be proven to have caused the dealership financial harm. Since Fits don't stay on dealership lots for more than a few days, and most are sold to waiting lists full of customers, such harm can't be proven. So, there is no such thing as a "non-refundable" deposit.

A dealer near me refused to return my deposit when my model and color choice became available at another dealer (and I bought that car instead of waiting two more months for a car to come in at the dealer with the deposit, who bragged about their Fit waiting list).. My attorney sent them a letter telling them that we would be happy to make it mandatory for them to justify to a judge why they should be allowed to keep my deposit. Two days after our letter was sent, a refund check from the dealer was in my hands.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by skip mitchell
My 09 was got from another dealer 180 miles away,they traded a black one they had for the blue one that I wanted,car was fine just tried to jack up the intrest until we got up to leave without the car,went from nearly 8% to 5.2% so We got the car and been happy with it,now my F350 and my GT mustang set most of the time.
There were no cars to trade for near me & as soon as I mentioned interest rates, all the dealers stopped communicating with me.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
Hey BuffaloHonda,

The only way that a "non-refundable" deposit would stand up in court is if your cancellation of the sale could be proven to have caused the dealership financial harm. Since Fits don't stay on dealership lots for more than a few days, and most are sold to waiting lists full of customers, such harm can't be proven. So, there is no such thing as a "non-refundable" deposit.

A dealer near me refused to return my deposit when my model and color choice became available at another dealer (and I bought that car instead of waiting two more months for a car to come in at the dealer with the deposit, who bragged about their Fit waiting list).. My attorney sent them a letter telling them that we would be happy to make it mandatory for them to justify to a judge why they should be allowed to keep my deposit. Two days after our letter was sent, a refund check from the dealer was in my hands.
My problem would then be this is not a dealer in my state & apparently in Pa. (after doing some research) this is quite common. Pa. in general doesn't have a ton of laws unlike N.Y. which I believe leads the country in quantity of laws (nothing is legal here). Thanks for the reply!

Old 01-31-2009, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BuffaloHonda
Hi All,

I'm trying to purchase a 2009 Fit Sport Manual Navi in Milano Red. The MSRP on the car with destination is $18,780. I know the Fit is a pretty hot car right now but I refuse to pay MSRP for any car, never have, never will. I received as you can imagine many full price quotes from Dealers & a couple @ invoice or below. Invoice according to Edmunds is $18,131 but I have a Dealer in Pa. who will do $17,900 which seems like the deal of the century!!

Of course the car is not in-stock & grabbing it from another Dealer changes the price but ordering it will not. I have never ordered a car before but does anyone that has (I know many of you have) encountered the non-refundable $500 deposit scenario? The Dealer seems legit otherwise, & has good DealerRater reviews but wanted to make sure this was on the up & up before I proceed. Also, no one else would touch this price so I really want to make it a go.

Thanks for your replies.

Non-refundable deposits are common where the car ordered will be difficult to sell to someone else. He may be looking at the navigation option as one he will have difficulty selling if you don't take it for whatever reason, no financing, you backing out, etc.
Around here navi is not a big seller for its cost and it may be there as well.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by mahout
Non-refundable deposits are common where the car ordered will be difficult to sell to someone else. He may be looking at the navigation option as one he will have difficulty selling if you don't take it for whatever reason, no financing, you backing out, etc.
Around here navi is not a big seller for its cost and it may be there as well.
I think 20% or less of all '09 Fits sales will be Navi, with Manual Navi probably coming in at 5% (my guess) so yes, not an easy car to sell.