2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

All Season Floor Mat

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 PM
All Season Floor Mat

I just bought my 2009 White Honda Fit Sport AT. My question is, has anyone bought all season floor mat but not get it install? Does the driver side slide? Is it better be safe and get the anchor install?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
I installed the anchors myself; better safe then sorry.

Measure twice (or five times in my case), cut once.

I have the carpet floor mats though. Not sure if the anchors are different.

Last edited by Scaldy; 01-21-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john-fit
I just bought my 2009 White Honda Fit Sport AT. My question is, has anyone bought all season floor mat but not get it install? Does the driver side slide? Is it better be safe and get the anchor install?

I have the regular floor mats and there isn't any way you could keep me from installing the anchors. I absolutely hate the moving of the mats.

Good choice on the color.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:35 PM
I have the all weather floor mats for my 09 Fit you only have to install the drivers side and yes anchor it down just take your time when cutting into the carpet I used a hobby knife for more control over a carpet knife. The rest just lay in takes about 15 -20 min to install and you can do it yourself there are indentations in the carpet on where you need to cut.. I asked the Service department what it would cost to have the floor mat installed $60.00 Haha I laughed and said ok I will do it myself turned out perfect.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
my clips came off today when i was removing the mats for a wash, and i accidently closed one clip (without putting the mat back on) by accident and now i cant pry it open, any suggestions? Also off topic i've been trying to pull the fuse box cover but i feel like im going to rip open something....are there tabs that im suppose to turn before i pull it open?

Old 01-22-2009, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
I have the clips on, but I wish the passenger side had them to since I have to keep pulling the mat back.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
I have the clips on, but I wish the passenger side had them to since I have to keep pulling the mat back.
ditto, I get sick of pulling that mat back into place after someone rides with me

Old 01-22-2009, 09:06 AM
I've been driving around with my all season floor mats for about a week now. I did NOT bother with the installation on the driver's side. Even with all the movement I make from working the clutch... I have not had issues with the floor mat moving.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I've gotten away with not installing the anchors for now, but I don't plan on leaving it that way. It's just too cold and sandy out there.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:04 PM
are the 09 all season floor mats the same as the previous generations?

Old 01-30-2009, 06:15 PM
I just finished installing the anchors. I hated the idea of cutting up a new car, but the mat did shift a lot.
So now the anchors are in, but it seems like they can move a little more than I'd prefer. I mean, the mat doesn't really move, but they're not, say, rock solid. If the mat tries to move, the anchors lift up the carpet a little bit.
This makes me think that, after years of use, you could potentially end up with a big rip in the carpet.
In retrospect, why not just get some sticky velcro strips and attach the mat directly to the rubber spot underneath it? It's not like anyone will ever see them. I think I'm gonna get some for mine anyhow.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
I got them and never got around to installing the clips since its cold. My gas pedal actually got stuck down one time when the mat slid up under the closest part of the pedal, holding it in the floored position. It only got stuck for a few seconds, but it was pretty freaky...

Old 01-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by FittJedi
I just finished installing the anchors. I hated the idea of cutting up a new car, but the mat did shift a lot.
So now the anchors are in, but it seems like they can move a little more than I'd prefer. I mean, the mat doesn't really move, but they're not, say, rock solid. If the mat tries to move, the anchors lift up the carpet a little bit.
This makes me think that, after years of use, you could potentially end up with a big rip in the carpet.
In retrospect, why not just get some sticky velcro strips and attach the mat directly to the rubber spot underneath it? It's not like anyone will ever see them. I think I'm gonna get some for mine anyhow.
Interesting mind does not move at all? So sick of the cold weather can't wait until spring rolls around.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittJedi
Why they changed from the hooks that attached to the car body to cutting up the carpet and attaching to the carpet is beyond my understanding. The carpet WILL tear eventually.

Hopefully their lawyers are standing by when the class action suit rolls in.

If the carpet tears and someone is hurt because the mat shifts, Honda is responsible.

The anchors are NOT supposed to come up with the mat when you remove the mat, you are supposed to twist the mat locks to remove the mat from the anchor.

If you pulled on the mats really hard, and the anchors popped open, you're lucky, because that could have torn the carpet something awful.

I think that is one of the biggest potential problems. The former models had a great hook that either screwed or snapped into the frame of the car. The frame isn't going to shift too often. And it was clearly visible how to remove or install the mats, the mats had holes in them for the hooks.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:44 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eng324
are the 09 all season floor mats the same as the previous generations?

no.
the 07 and 08 are the same but different
from the 09.
they are only for 09 and newer.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Mat anchors

Where did you guys get the floor mat anchors from?

My mats we're thrown in (literally it seems) with the purchase of the car, I see two holes in the drivers side mat where it should be anchored to something and it is slipping all over the place and driving me nuts.
I enquired at my Honda dealer about getting mat hooks and offered to pay for them, but was told there is no such thing available. Which frankly seems a bit weak!

Shouldn't these have come with the mats?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Toyota Recalls

Originally Posted by Whats A Fit?
I got them and never got around to installing the clips since its cold. My gas pedal actually got stuck down one time when the mat slid up under the closest part of the pedal, holding it in the floored position. It only got stuck for a few seconds, but it was pretty freaky...
This is the reason that Toyota recalls 3.8 million vehicles regarding floor mats. I strongly recommend putting anchors on the driver side regardless what type of floor mats (MUGEN, carpet, all season, etc).

Toyota recalls 3.8 million vehicles - Autos- msnbc.com

Old 10-07-2009, 08:09 PM

My mats we're thrown in (literally it seems) with the purchase of the car, I see two holes in the drivers side mat where it should be anchored to something and it is slipping all over the place and driving me nuts.
I enquired at my Honda dealer about getting mat hooks and offered to pay for them, but was told there is no such thing available. Which frankly seems a bit weak!

They do come with the mats. There is a little ziplock bag with them in it. Did you check your glove box to see if they threw them in there or maybe a door pocket?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by In Danger Red

09 mats shouldn't have holes at all. They have little knobs. Is the wording on the mats like this: Fit
or like this: FIT

The former is for earlier models and will have holes.
The latter is for later models and will have a twisty thingie.

You can view the different kinds at the Honda eStore:
http://estore.honda.com

You'll enter in your info of your car, then pick a dealer close to you, then select interior and look at the floor mats.

This link might work to the page showing the accessory installation instructions:
HONDA Fit Accessories – Installation Instructions Download – presented by HONDA eStore

And the part numbers of the anchors that go into the cut carpet are there. Search for floor mat holder. Or just mat. The mats AND the anchors will show up in the same search. The anchors/holders are only used on the driver's side.

Unfortunately, they kindly cut through my passenger side too. Which I didn't notice when I bought the car. I'm not all that thrilled with holes in my carpet, whether or not they are for 'anchors'.