2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My first post, help me decide if the fit is right for me.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:44 AM
My first post, help me decide if the fit is right for me.

Ive had many nice cars in the past. Some of you may know me from honda tech, s2ki or other honda fourms. I love my toyota hatch but the g/f and I are getting married aug 2010 and we plan to have a child (lol 9 months later). The echo wont cut it anymore as sad as Ill be to see it go.

Just yesterday I test drive the new mazda 3, its nice, pick up is great and enough room and very very comffy. test drove the nissas sentra se-r vspec, sure it boots for its price but its damn ugly and not rommy at all. Then I test drove the fit again. Its great for what it is. The engine is loud (*which I like), shifts great, feels good (better once it would be dropped 2"),

the main concern is room, I know there is lots of it although, How many of you easily fit 3 adults in it with a child in a baby seat and then you got to add the stroller and other accessories?

give me your input?

Oh and also, is it true you DO NOT get the arm rest with the sport if you go 5 speed?

Thanks a ton guys. if I get it, Ill make you all proud with how it turns out. Well for a family car, ill make you proud

Ken

09 sport, only in white

Old 01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
As far as 3 adults and a baby...I dont think that will be a problem room wise. Im just not sure about the stroller and bag and all that. If it fits in the back then you should be good to go. I went from a s2k to the fit and like you said, for what the car is, its awesome. I still love it!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by NBPturtle
As far as 3 adults and a baby...I dont think that will be a problem room wise. Im just not sure about the stroller and bag and all that. If it fits in the back then you should be good to go. I went from a s2k to the fit and like you said, for what the car is, its awesome. I still love it!
You gave up the s2k for the fit

Old 01-21-2009, 10:24 AM
No....I wrecked the s2k . Still my fav car Ive owned to this day. But after I wrecked it I wanted to get a bike so I needed a car that was practical and cheap on insurance.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
i think you should be fine.. the stroller (depending on the size) should be able to fold up and fit in the back if i can put a grown ass man in the back ( wanted to see it low when i first got it so i made all my heavy friends sit in the back seat and someone climbed in the hatch lol) but yeah i went from .. DA,EK,DC2,DEL SOL, EK, to FIT. and so far i cant down it. i love mine.. very spacious and great on gas.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AP_ONE
Oh and also, is it true you DO NOT get the arm rest with the sport if you go 5 speed?
Yes that is true. The 5 speed will not come with the armrest. The auto does have a little armrest, the small types that are attached to the actual seat.

Most just buy the armrest console available at the Honda dealers. (pic attached below)

As for 3 adults, and a child seat, even though I haven't tried it yet, there is plenty of room, you should be ok. The space in this car surprizes many people.
See this thread ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-your-fit.html

Old 01-21-2009, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Actually, if you're in Canada, the MT does come with an arm rest on the side...at least mine did!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:42 AM
stroller won't fit. get rid of the other adult and fold down the seat.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys!

The soon to be wife will aloow a exhaust on it, Ill go with a t1r, Ill pick upa set of coil overs for it as it does have to be lowered a tad and then Ill try on my set of sw's 195-50-15 to see how it all fits

Should be great for a daily beater!

If I do get it, Ill pick it up in march, wait till; most of the snow is gone!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by M4psycho
Actually, if you're in Canada, the MT does come with an arm rest on the side...at least mine did!
I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction. +reps

So AP ONE your fit should come with it since you're in Canada.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
I bought the Fit as a family vehicle. Headroom is great even with gigantic Britax carseats. Headroom is key for getting kids into and out of their carseats without you accidently smashing their little noggins in the door frame cringing as you do so and then realizing there goes their chance at Harvard. Plenty of room for diaper bag and stroller in the back. Even a double stroller if you're planning on more than one.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Great guys

Oh side note, called honda here in Ottawa, the sport fit manual and auto come with only driver side armrest, no center armrest. That is a extra. (in Canada anyways)

Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
Yes that is true. The 5 speed will not come with the armrest. The auto does have a little armrest, the small types that are attached to the actual seat.

Most just buy the armrest console available at the Honda dealers. (pic attached below)

As for 3 adults, and a child seat, even though I haven't tried it yet, there is plenty of room, you should be ok. The space in this car surprizes many people.
See this thread ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-your-fit.html
Originally Posted by FitStir
I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction. +reps

So AP ONE your fit should come with it since you're in Canada.

The US Fit MT definitely comes with an armrest. It is not the compartment armrest but it is an armrest.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AP_ONE

My US-spec MT Sport has the little armrest, for what that is worth.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly
The US Fit MT definitely comes with an armrest. It is not the compartment armrest but it is an armrest.
Thanks for the correction, I could have sworn I read in a different thread that the MT's didnt have it. That's great news for me b/c its a little too cold to install the console I bought. Thanks.

Well I will see today or tomorrow, when I pick up my car..... finally.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
NOONE has mentioned how "f**king SICK that white S2K is, i'm not feeling the wing but the white with a hard top is the S**t - more pics please, oh and you better just get a white 09 fit cause they rock too!!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes lol, mugen HT is win....along with front bumper

Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
The 5 speed sport DOES have an armrest. I wouldn't recommend it but one time I got 4 adults with baby seat and stroller in mine. It was pretty tight back there. I think 3 adults with a stroller should be just enough room to get by unless you're going shopping.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
NOONE has mentioned how "f**king SICK that white S2K is, i'm not feeling the wing but the white with a hard top is the S**t - more pics please, oh and you better just get a white 09 fit cause they rock too!!

lol, thanks bro.

Mugen cf hardtop, just waiting on the spoon cf rear diffuser.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:09 PM
one more

Quick Reply: My first post, help me decide if the fit is right for me.