2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

dissapointed with this "community"

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by achia
Nega-rep!
exactly, this is a great forum. Posts like this will get you no where.

Its a public forum not a place for free handouts just because you assume you are less fortunate than others. Must not be too bad off to own an brand new car.

** The mod you want to do is already fully documented on here by another user, try a search.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
exactly, this is a great forum. Posts like this will get you no where.

Its a public forum not a place for free handouts just because you assume you are less fortunate than others. Must not be too bad off to own an brand new car.

** The mod you want to do is already fully documented on here by another user, try a search.
the thread(s) you speak of is for a 2008 and before- the 2009 wiring and fuse box layout is different- I've already looked

Old 01-11-2009, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jaythomas
wow, sorry if i stepped on some feelings, but in my request in the ICE forum, I said I wanted to do the foglight modification for the 2009 and post a how-to for the mod with pics to help everyone with a 2009. I guess I am just used to quicker responses. I figured a little "help me and I"ll help everyone with a 2009" sprinkled into my request would expedite response time- I guess I expected too much too soon.
This forum doesn't move as quickly as others do. It is just too soon for an illiegal download yet.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly
This forum doesn't move as quickly as others do. It is just too soon for an illiegal download yet.
illegal? just taking a pic of the manual page and emailing it is not illegal

Old 01-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Retired Moderator
...In..b4...the....(_______)

Old 01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
illegal? just taking a pic of the manual page and emailing it is not illegal
I don't have a legal code--beside copyright law--for you but I am almost certain that it is illegal to redistribute printed material unless it is for personal use.

Just as it is illegal for the entire book to be e-mailed to another person, sending a page is illegal as well. It would be a slippery slope if they allowed one page to be sent. I am not one to frown on illegal downloading because I think that the cost of some items(cd's, books etc.) are kept at an unrealistic price.

EDIT:

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...ncondition.htm

4. Information is copyright protected. American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is the copyright owner of all materials on this site and no portion of this site, including, but not limited to, the text, images, audio, or video, may be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without Honda's express written permission, except as provided for herein. Without in any way waiving any of the foregoing rights, you may print copies of the ServiceExpress diagnostic and repair information for local use, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. Modification or use of the material on this site for any other purpose violates Honda’s legal rights. Except for copies printed for local use and not for resale, no part of this information may be reproduced, downloaded and stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, without the prior written permission of Honda. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark, or servicemark contained on this site is owned or licensed by Honda and may not be used by you without prior written approval. Honda will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law. Sound, graphics, charts, information, or images of places or people are either property of Honda or used on this site with permission. Your use of any of these materials is prohibited unless specifically provided for on the site. Any unauthorized use of these materials may subject you to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy, and publicity rights.

Further EDIT:

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...JURPM0GN4K5CP2

That isn't too bad of a deal. $10 for three days would be just enough to get the job done.

Last edited by Goodguy-Fly; 01-11-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:35 PM
noice!!!!!

I don't have a legal code--beside copyright law--for you but I am almost certain that it is illegal to redistribute printed material unless it is for personal use.

Just as it is illegal for the entire book to be e-mailed to another person, sending a page is illegal as well. It would be a slippery slope if they allowed one page to be sent. I am not one to frown on illegal downloading because I think that the cost of some items(cd's, books etc.) are kept at an unrealistic price.

EDIT:

Legal Terms and Conditions

4. Information is copyright protected. American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is the copyright owner of all materials on this site and no portion of this site, including, but not limited to, the text, images, audio, or video, may be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without Honda's express written permission, except as provided for herein. Without in any way waiving any of the foregoing rights, you may print copies of the ServiceExpress diagnostic and repair information for local use, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. Modification or use of the material on this site for any other purpose violates Honda’s legal rights. Except for copies printed for local use and not for resale, no part of this information may be reproduced, downloaded and stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, without the prior written permission of Honda. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark, or servicemark contained on this site is owned or licensed by Honda and may not be used by you without prior written approval. Honda will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law. Sound, graphics, charts, information, or images of places or people are either property of Honda or used on this site with permission. Your use of any of these materials is prohibited unless specifically provided for on the site. Any unauthorized use of these materials may subject you to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy, and publicity rights.

Further EDIT:

Helm Incorporated: Product

That isn't too bad of a deal. $10 for three days would be just enough to get the job done.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Gawd daum, I want it nowww!
Not 2 minutes from now, I mean frickin now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alrighty then, and I'll stick a broom up my arse and sweep the floor while I am at it.

But seriously, are you related to my wife?

Old 01-11-2009, 07:13 PM
so it's just intellectual property law that concerns you. so why don't you post against what the people here are doing that are also illegal-like modifying their fog lights to operate in high beam mode- after all, that is a POPULAR thread, so a lot of people are doing it or contemplating it.

EDIT:

Legal Terms and Conditions

Further EDIT:

Helm Incorporated: Product

Old 01-11-2009, 07:15 PM
I have to say I just joined here not too long ago and found the community to be nothing but helpful and go WAY BEYOND normal measures to provide information. Anything I asked for I was given plus more and I had some huge questions. I think it depends on your approach. Certain members who I won't mention by name, JDM, responded to me before I had a single post. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you restore your faith in people, don't be guilty of the same judgement you think others are passing on you. In terms of message boards I am more impressed with this community than I have ever been before.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:15 PM
you think we are bad? You should see honda-tech. they would verbally slaughter you for that kind of talk. seriously, your car is brand new, get info on the car is not going to be immediate. just chill, it will come.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Another forum I post on has a name for threads like this...

Is this stealing?

Old 01-11-2009, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
so it's just intellectual property law that concerns you. so why don't you post against what the people here are doing that are also illegal-like modifying their fog lights to operate in high beam mode- after all, that is a POPULAR thread, so a lot of people are doing it or contemplating it.
I'm not understanding your point. Honda has intellectual property that they have published and you are attempting to get it without cost. I don't see how it has anything to do with a person's ability to modify their vehicle. It is not illegal to modify a vehicle you own--it may void your warranty.

Do I agree with running fog lights while running high beams? No, but that doesn't give anyone the right to take that away from them. It may be illegal in some areas--in which case I would be completely against it--but in other areas it is legal, I believe.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:51 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
this thread might help you

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...e-newbies.html

this section specifically

Originally Posted by kelsodeez
5. BE PATIENT. new owners want answers and they want them now. please be patient about parts that will come out for your car. if a manufacturer is going to make parts for your car, they will post on these boards or users will find parts and post links to them.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Why further piss off some very nice people with a bad analogy with sarcasm??????
Guys who had the manuals on order for a couple of months, just now are receiving them.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Tork! You are too much!! Love ya man!!

jaythomas, Take a chill pill and go get a pitcher of Bud Lite and relax. After all you are prolly gonna own that 09 Fit for a while. What's the big f'in hurry?

I am not new here but I haven't posted in a while but the other day I posted a question on Trading in my 07 Fit and in less than 48 hours I had 18 replies with some excellent advise from many of the members here.

In my book this is a great place!!

In my experience in life (and forums) I find that keeping Shiitty A$$ opinions to yourself and just keep trying to communicate with people, you will eventually be accepted and get some answers that just might help you out. I think you burned the proverbial bridge here. What do you think?

Blue Dogg

Old 01-11-2009, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
subscribed... this thread is great.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
See, I thought these forums were like close-knit communities that help each other out when asked by other members- like I've experienced at other boards on a variety of subjects. but, alas, this seems not to be the case here. I say this because the less financially able of us (me) have not received answers to requests -like for a wiring diagram for the 2009 fit exterior lighting from the helms manual (that is beyond my means(and probably others)) that I KNOW some members have, but seem either unwilling or unable to provide. I guess it comes down to the "i've got mine, so nyaa!!" attitude that is ever increasing in our society. so, again I state my request and hope someone with the means will answer my request and restore my waivering faith in the principle of the meaning of "community"
There was a thread where people were going to go in on a Manual for the FIT, nobody has one, and couldn't find one in PDF online.

Which means nobody has the manual. And nobody can find a pdf online. OK? You didn't get a response, because nobody has it.

However, you yourself can buy a short subscription for the Helms site for three days, for only $10.00.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...JHTG25AVG87684

I think that link will work. If not, go here:
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

It says "Online subscriptions include Labor Guides, Maintenance Schedules, Technical Service Bulletins, Workshop Information, Wiring Information and Body Collision Repair Manuals directy from American Honda, for your car, truck, or SUV"

You can always write to them first, to be sure that the wiring diagrams you need will be included in the $10.00 subscription. You should be able to get just about everything you need for your car in three days. There's stuff you won't need, and probably some things you wouldn't be doing to your car at home. Unless you have a full shop at home. Ha!

So, give that a whirl. It's a good price for tons of info. Without having to pay for the whole manual that you may only need a couple times.

For the price of the manual, you could access their site several times getting only the info you want, and not having to store the manual. Or wonder where you put it. Or have something happen to it, that wrecks it and makes it unusable.

I know sometimes going to a new site, you want instant results. But sometimes the threads move fast, and there are other threads people are following, and some threads just get skipped over. Not because people are actively ignoring your request, but because people are following other ones.

Remember that we get notifications on replies, and have links right to those threads we are subscribed to. So I personally would check out the threads I was already subscribed to first.

Sorry about missing your request. Hopefully this information will help a bit. No, I don't have the manual myself.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
It was the helpful and close-knit community here that ultimately was a big factor for me choosing to buy a Fit. Coming from the VW world it's essential to have an online forum of enthusiasts to utilize and share with.

You sir, should try honey not vinegar if you want to attract bees... err help

See, I thought these forums were like close-knit communities that help each other out when asked by other members- like I've experienced at other boards on a variety of subjects. but, alas, this seems not to be the case here. I say this because the less financially able of us (me) have not received answers to requests -like for a wiring diagram for the 2009 fit exterior lighting from the helms manual (that is beyond my means(and probably others)) that I KNOW some members have, but seem either unwilling or unable to provide. I guess it comes down to the "i've got mine, so nyaa!!" attitude that is ever increasing in our society. so, again I state my request and hope someone with the means will answer my request and restore my waivering faith in the principle of the meaning of "community"

Old 01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blue Dogg
Tork! You are too much!! Love ya man!!

Blue Dogg
Ah somebody noticed Tork's edgy but lovable sense of humor. (i'll get that $20 check in the mail this week as promised for your post & thanks Dogg)

Annnd...... forgive jaythomas, he's my brother in law! Attaching a pic of my wife, you might notice the family resemblance!

Name:  funnypic037.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  24.0 KB

Last edited by Tork; 01-11-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Quick Reply: dissapointed with this "community"