2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Prospective Fit buyer has questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chronoknight
Could you measure the area of the seat well in Tall Mode? Like from door to door inside, rear of front seat to front of back seat, floor to ceiling?
I got dressed, sort of, just for you. But I won't do that again! That's right, next time I go to my car to measure something, I'm going naked.

Floor to scraping the ceiling 51", less space on the hump.

Door to door, which part of the door? From the inside of the armrests, it's also about 51". There's more space obviously where there are no armrests, and less where one (on each side) of the plethora of cup holders are.

Rear of front seat, passenger side, jammed all the way forward, seat back upright, that would not allow anyone to sit there that has legs is about 29"-34". The variance here comes from how far the bars on the underside of the back seats stick out being the shortest measurement. There's a little more space beneath that are though, like the size of a big lunchbox.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I had a friend with a bike and we had to take the wheel off. If I didn't have stuff back in the hatch and backseats, we could've folded the right side of the car flat and fit it easily.

And Taffeta, if you go to measure stuff in your car naked, take pictures and you can be the first nude Fit model :P

Old 01-07-2009, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you FitStir. I did try to do the Refresh mode while moving all the stuff, and you are right, you and Blythe. It's a little too long. However, I'm still pretty sure that one could doze off successfully if necessary by putting the seats down in front and doing the cargo thing in the back.

What they really need to do is have an air mattress installed in the ceiling to drop down and automatically inflate for sleeping comfort. It could double as a flotation device as needed. Kind of James Bondian, where the back hatch opens and expels the raft out the back with the people on it. Or maybe more like Austin Powers???

Old 01-07-2009, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
I had a friend with a bike
Good for you.

Originally Posted by trancedsailor
And Taffeta, if you go to measure stuff in your car naked, take pictures and you can be the first nude Fit model :P
A fate surely worse than death...not for me, for you guys!

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 01-07-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: I have the giggles
Old 01-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi guys! I'm strongly considering purchasing a Fit Sport within the next week, and I have a few questions.

First, has anyone tried putting an adult bicycle into the Fit? The Fit website shows a bike in the "utility" configuration, but the front wheel had to be removed. Some reviews and websites have suggested that a bicycle will fit when the car is in "Tall" mode, when the rear seats tip up. Is this true? I'd like to be able to leave the rear for cargo instead of having my bike take it up.

Second, would it be cheaper to buy options from the dealer and have them install it, or to buy it online/elsewhere and have it installed by the dealer or some other auto shop? All i want are the body side moulding, rear bumper applique and center armrest. (To give you an idea, one dealer has quoted me the prices as $302, $109, and $342 respectively for parts and labor) Sadly, I have no mechanical skills whatsoever so I don't want to risk installing them myself.

Thanks in advance for the help!
For the accessories, you can easily bargain and ask them to include them as a part of the deal along with the purchase of your Honda Fit. I asked for tinted windows, side sills, sport pedals, and the protection package (mud guards, all weather floor mats, etc) and the dealership was ok with it. Take your time, visit different dealerships and ask what they can do for you to sweeten the deal. Then tell the sales to write down the list of accessories that you want, give him the deposite/down payment, and tell him to take the money and the list to his sales manager. Sales manager: $_$ and it will be all good.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the links, but in those threads the people did remove the front wheel. I'm trying to find out if it'll fit with the wheel on.
I could have swore some one did fit their bike in without removing the front wheel, but come to think of it, it might have been in the cargo area with the seats down.
Here's a great thread on what others have fit in their Fits. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-your-fit.html

Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Thank you FitStir. I did try to do the Refresh mode while moving all the stuff, and you are right, you and Blythe. It's a little too long. However, I'm still pretty sure that one could doze off successfully if necessary by putting the seats down in front and doing the cargo thing in the back.

What they really need to do is have an air mattress installed in the ceiling to drop down and automatically inflate for sleeping comfort. It could double as a flotation device as needed. Kind of James Bondian, where the back hatch opens and expels the raft out the back with the people on it. Or maybe more like Austin Powers???
Yeah, I think you could still doze off in the retarded refresh mode they gave the US. Dirty mode might be a little trickier with that hump, but then again it could add support for different positions...
As for me, I'm quite sure I will be doing the right side seat back swap. Between side jobs, and gigs that extra space is crucial for me. Just waiting for Dave to get me a price on the JDM seat back.

The air mattress, raft is a good idea, after they add the passenger ejector seat in case my gf acts up... That would have worked great with the skyroof (if it opened). Maybe even add some oil slick, and smoke capabilities.... (Spy Hunter?)

Old 01-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Thanks for all your help guys. I just got back from the dealer and now I'm a happy Fit owner!

I'll see if I can fit my bike tomorrow, and report the findings.