2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

are 09 Sport Manuals rare???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
are 09 Sport Manuals rare???

Ive been researching for quite a while now and it seems like '09 manual sports are pretty scarce, at least in So Fla. whats the deal with this? ive looked at so many different websites from dealers in florida to check their inventory but it seems like they never have what im looking for.

do most people opt for the automatic tranny?

Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
i dont know about the numbers, but id assume the manual transmission is much rarer than the autotragic. its a shame.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:02 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Yes, it appears to be that way. Not many manual transmissions out there at all. I noticed that when I was looking for my base automatic. That was hard to find too, a base model.

So what are you looking for? Specifically.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
I can be super specific.. lol

09 Sport w Manual tranny, SSM in color.

not that im going to be doing any crazy modding that requires a maual tranny. I want a manual because my integra is an auto and it kills me every time i start the car and i dont have a clutch to push in....

Last edited by drock305; 01-04-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Lek
I'm not sure if this is for the old fit or new one.

http://hondatech.info/

http://downloads.hondatech.info/Auto/Manuals/Jazz_Fit/Honda_Jazz_Fit-ESM.rar

Last edited by Lek; 01-04-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drock305
I can be super specific.. lol

09 Sport w Manual tranny, SSM in color.

not that im going to be doing any crazy modding that requires a maual tranny. I want a manual because my integra is an auto and it kills me every time i start the car and i dont have a clutch to push in....
Not all the dealerships have their new inventory online. Which is annoying. Braman in Miami has nothing but automatics.

TWO manual transmissions in the Sport at Largo Honda, colors Orange Revolution or Blue Sensation:
Honda new certified car dealer in Florida City FL. Honda Fit new cars for sale online at Largo Honda, a Florida City new Honda and certified car dealer.

BINGO!

I want a commission!
New Honda Fit, North Miami Beach, FL, Hatchback, Potamkin Honda Stock: F024755

Bodystyle:4 door HatchbackDrivetrain:FWDEngine:1.5L I-4cylTransmission:ManualExt. Color:Storm SilverInt. Color:Black w/Cloth Seat TrimStock Number:F024755VIN:JHMGE87479S024755Model Code:GE8749EW

Old 01-04-2009, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
I looked at most of the dealerships in so fla and found a lot of things similar but not exactly what I wanted. the one from potamkin miami is perfect. i just need to figure out when i can get up to miami for a test drive.
the only thing i really dont like about key west is when you need something, its never going to be here.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lek
That's what I thought of too, the OWNER'S manual. But the OP is talking about wanting a manual TRANSMISSION!

Thanks for looking that up, though, Lek!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
Yo Taffeta! I should of had you looked for my car when I was buying. Where the hell do you find time to search for this? I gotta give it to you, you've got skills. We need to start a meet in the bay area. There are few FF but they haven't met for a while now.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
I looked at most of the dealerships in so fla and found a lot of things similar but not exactly what I wanted. the one from potamkin miami is perfect. i just need to figure out when i can get up to miami for a test drive.
the only thing i really dont like about key west is when you need something, its never going to be here.
Yeah, but if everything you wanted and needed was there, you'd not be where you were, as there would be endless suburban sprawl and big box stores and car dealerships everywhere.

Do you want to look at the sun setting over the waters? Or over the hoods of cars?

Make it a day, a road trip, offer a deal to a friend to take you up (cash/gas/lunch). You can do a lot of the deal by email and/or phone, getting ideas. You can check ahead with your own financing options, like credit unions or what not.

Then you can really get into driving your new car home! And what a wonderful scenic drive you will have!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member
i like your style taffeta!
and i guess youre right. living here for so long makes you take it for granted.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1LegitFit
Yo Taffeta! I should of had you looked for my car when I was buying. Where the hell do you find time to search for this? I gotta give it to you, you've got skills. We need to start a meet in the bay area. There are few FF but they haven't met for a while now.
Ha! I am just using the tool on the Honda site. The "locate a dealer". First I have to find a good zip code, and I looked up the one for the OP. Then I listed the dealers, and started clicking one after another.

The sites set up like Potemkin (and like Concord Honda, where I got my car) are the best. Real easy to scroll down and see what they have, but they don't always match up the colors to the actual car they have.

I saw in the Area chat, where there were some folks that met up for a drive on a road locally that I did not know existed. And someone even made a movie of part of the drive. Really neat.

Seems there are always problems in meeting up, people have to work. Or that is the time they get sick. Or there is some emergency. It's tough.

However, people could still go for drives on their own, and review the drive. So if YOU find a great road for a day trip, you could share it, and other people can go when they have the opportunity.

I think that would be nice. Maybe with a destination, like a park, cafe, restaurant, great picnic/bbq/photography spot.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:32 AM
this is the deal with the FIT MT honda did "research" and found out that not many people wanted a MT so they made like 1 MT to every 5 AT than when the car hit the dealerships the MT sold like hot cakes now there backed up on MT orders but want to sale off the AT at the same time so they buld so many MT each month to in hoping (like what i did) force people to just get the ATits messed up i know but busness is busness we either wait it out or settle for an AT

Old 01-04-2009, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackout
this is the deal with the FIT MT honda did "research" and found out that not many people wanted a MT so they made like 1 MT to every 5 AT than when the car hit the dealerships the MT sold like hot cakes now there backed up on MT orders but want to sale off the AT at the same time so they buld so many MT each month to in hoping (like what i did) force people to just get the ATits messed up i know but busness is busness we either wait it out or settle for an AT
There are lots of reasons to have an automatic. For instance, with the FIT, the mileage is not that much better with a manual, which was ONE reason to go for the manual transmission in the past.

Second, people have more "toys" they play with in their cars. Cell phone. The navigation system. The stereo with iPod. People only have two hands. At least one should be on the steering wheel, so that leaves one spare.

So, do you want to shift with that spare hand?

Enjoy a beverage or snack?

Wave?

Uh oh, phone is ringing, it's time to shift, your navigation system is telling you to turn and you hate the song on the CD...

Old 01-04-2009, 12:10 PM
I wound up going about 300 miles away to a dealership to get my 09 MT sport (silver). There weren't any around in Salt Lake -- except one that had already been given all sorts of dealer add-ons (tint, undercoating, etc, to the tune of $1500 extra).

Well worth the distance to pick it up, though. Made for a nice road trip.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drooartz
I wound up going about 300 miles away to a dealership to get my 09 MT sport (silver). There weren't any around in Salt Lake -- except one that had already been given all sorts of dealer add-ons (tint, undercoating, etc, to the tune of $1500 extra).

Well worth the distance to pick it up, though. Made for a nice road trip.
I went back to find the thread that has the 500+ mile trip to pick up a new FIT:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...0-days-12.html

Scroll down to the Orange Revolution!

And be sure to note the lovely SSM in a photo worthy of framing! On the road with the trees all around. Beautiful picture.

I thought of something later, if the car is in Miami, the OP might be able to get a closer dealer to do a trade. Either way, the car will still be driven, probably, and not trucked.

But if it's in Miami, that's a big place and lots of stuff to do. That could be a good weekend trip. Go up one night or in the early morning. Do what needs to be done at the dealership. Get a room. Do whatever, get a nice dinner or see a show or sight see. Something that is a treat. A good night of rest. And then a non-hurried, non-tired drive back the next day.

So, that's a couple of options that could be useful. That one closer dealership had sticks in different colors, so they might be able to swap one for the other one.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
i just need to figure out when i can get up to miami for a test drive.
That drive is not bad at all! When I was vacationing in Stuart, FL...we drove to Key West, spent the day there, and drove back all in a day. (as beautiful as the drive down was, the drive back at night was amazing!) Good luck finding a Fit!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
I had to go through three dealers before I finally found my Taffeta White/manual Transmission combo. Of course I then had to "shift gears" and pretend that I wasn't picky about the color or the transmission to begin haggling.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Since our Sport w/Nav (on order) will be driven primarily by the Spousal Unit, who does not do manual transmissions, the automatic was mandatory. Despite that, there is a difference in the top ratio gearing which makes the automatic in many ways a better choice. The automatic runs about 2100 rpm at 60 mph, while the manual runs about 2800 rpm. There would be a noticeable difference in engine and other drivetrain noise level. I can certify that the automatic is quiet at 60, but have never driven the manual.

Our local dealer had about half a dozen Fits in stock, all automatic.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Most dealerships that I checked out only kept one manual in stock for test driving and of course it was never the color that I wanted (SSM). I ended up waiting a month for my car to get in from Oregon before I could take delivery. Got it with only 3 miles at least =)

Quick Reply: are 09 Sport Manuals rare???