2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

are 09 Sport Manuals rare???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
MT Sport Navis?

Old 01-05-2009, 09:35 PM
I am supposed to be getting a 09 manual fit on Saturday. The dealer had to trade to get it, everything in central Michigan is auto transmission, or loaded with accessories and $1000 over sticker price. I do not like dealer trades but decided to let them do it so I did not have to drive allover the state myself.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jspec5
wow, its wierd how most dealers dont have 5sp trans. i work at a dealer in north ga and we have plenty that ive seen. grantet there are more autos but 5sp are still good stock. we dont many base models which surprised me. all colors tho. check out www.gphonda.com
You don't have an inventory listing there. I skip over any dealerships that don't have a legitimate online inventory. For instance, one of the California dealers in the San Diego area listed themselves as having every single color and transmission. But no stock numbers and no VIN. That leads me to believe they really don't have those cars, with the "but we can get it" kind of comment. Forget that. When I do these searches, I'm looking for what is actually available right now on the lot. Verifiable data.

I don't consider that to be picky, I consider that to be an honest representation, with the realization that many people DO want to shop around online. That was the ONLY way I was going to find a car for myself, was by shopping online. And they had to deal with me by internet and later by phone. I want a done deal prior to even entering the dealership. And that's what I did.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
didn't expect this thread to get this big. lol

i dont remember who said it but someone said that the drive through the keys isnt that bad.. i hate driving through the keys, the constant speed up, slow down that people feel the need to do. not to mention the people that slow down to thirty miles an hour on the highway so they can manage to take a picture of the sunset while theyre driving.

anywho.

I wanted nav too but i realized that it was impossible to find. it wasnt hard to get over seems how i could save money and get a sweet aftermarket nav. i wouldnt have a problem going to the mainland for a day but i wish there was a closer honda dealer..

i've also been mulling over the thought of whether a MT would really be what i wanted after the new car flare wore off.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drock305
didn't expect this thread to get this big. lol

i dont remember who said it but someone said that the drive through the keys isnt that bad.. i hate driving through the keys, the constant speed up, slow down that people feel the need to do. not to mention the people that slow down to thirty miles an hour on the highway so they can manage to take a picture of the sunset while theyre driving.

anywho.

I wanted nav too but i realized that it was impossible to find. it wasnt hard to get over seems how i could save money and get a sweet aftermarket nav. i wouldnt have a problem going to the mainland for a day but i wish there was a closer honda dealer..

i've also been mulling over the thought of whether a MT would really be what i wanted after the new car flare wore off.
Do you have a car rental place or a car already? Rent a stick and rent an automatic. I mean, you only have ONE main road. LOL! And if it has the slow down tourism, which it will probably always have, that's a lot of shifting!!!!!

Isn't that the most unique highway in the States? Going over that much water? I looked at that road via Google maps and it scares me. Mostly because I broke down on a bridge once and have been afraid of bridges since then.

There's no place to go...stuck right there on the road on the bridge with vehicles headed right for you. I cried. While having a death grip on the side of bridge, trying really hard not to look up, down, or at any cars.

Unless the NAV stands for NAVAL, what do you need NAV for? You have one main road. It's not like you can get lost by making a wrong turn and end up in Cuba.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tacky
I am supposed to be getting a 09 manual fit on Saturday. The dealer had to trade to get it, everything in central Michigan is auto transmission, or loaded with accessories and $1000 over sticker price. I do not like dealer trades but decided to let them do it so I did not have to drive allover the state myself.
Good job! That's what you have to do sometimes. My car had like 69 miles on it when I got it. It was traded from one place to another, before I got it. But if I had found it where it was originally, it would have been closer!

It went from Redwood City to Concord, where I picked it up. And drove it back to San Francisco.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite

Unless the NAV stands for NAVAL, what do you need NAV for? You have one main road. It's not like you can get lost by making a wrong turn and end up in Cuba.
youve never heard of the tunnel their building to cuba? and i know i dont need nav but i like how it looks more than the normal stereo.

yes, i have a car. 96 integra, its an automatic. & a 01 jeep wrangler, its a stick.
i drove the jeep for probably 9 months before i got the teg and didnt get tired of it but maybe thats because it was my first car.

and it seems like it would be a lot harder than just breaking down to end up stopped on a bridge, unless youre on the 7 mile bridge, then youre just screwed...

Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member
Old 01-06-2009, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drock305
youve never heard of the tunnel their building to cuba? and i know i dont need nav but i like how it looks more than the normal stereo.

yes, i have a car. 96 integra, its an automatic. & a 01 jeep wrangler, its a stick.
i drove the jeep for probably 9 months before i got the teg and didnt get tired of it but maybe thats because it was my first car.

and it seems like it would be a lot harder than just breaking down to end up stopped on a bridge, unless youre on the 7 mile bridge, then youre just screwed...
Found one, if you really want it. But it has no VIN. So I'm not sure if it's really there.

My clutch plate broke, while shifting. So I was clutchless on the bridge. In slow traffic, going slightly uphill. (the Bay Bridge from SF to Oakland, before TI)

Old 01-06-2009, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
Here's a Sport Manual in Houston, Black:
Year: 2009 Make: Honda Model: Fit Trim: 5dr HB Man Sport Exterior Color: Crystal Black Pearl Stock Number: 9S025638 Model Number: GE8749EW MSRP: $16,730.00 Transmission: AUTO Comments: FABRIC Goodson Honda West Honda in Houston Texas, offering new and used Hondas, a New Honda Dealer and a New Honda Dealership offer Cars, Trucks and SUVs
---

BEST. TYPO. EVER!!!

Year: 2009 Make: Honda Model: Fit Trim: Sport Exterior Color: Orange Revolution Metallic Interior Color: BLK Stock #: 90954 VIN: JHMGE88499S025324 Engine:
MSRP: $175,802.00
Shop Houston New Honda, McDavid Honda Award Winning Houston, Texas New Honda Dealer

Just a little markup, eh?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
Sport Manual, Blackberry, Houston TX:
Shop Houston New Honda, McDavid Honda Award Winning Houston, Texas New Honda Dealer

Year: 2009 Make: Honda Model: Fit Trim: 5dr HB Man Sport Exterior Color: Blackberry Pearl Interior Color: BLACK MSRP: $16,730.00 Stock Number: 9S032549 Model Number: GE8749EW Comments: CLOTH

Old 01-06-2009, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member
Silver Sport M/T, 47 miles, slideshow even! In Galveston, TX:
2009 Honda Fit Sport at Sand Dollar Honda in Galveston, TX - Vehicle Details

Old 01-06-2009, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
Over in Austin, TX, at Howdy Honda, three Sport manuals, Red, Black, Tidewater:
Howdy Honda – Austin, TX – Search our inventory of Honda Fits

Anyone have any requests? I'm really bored.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
Not one, but two Silver M/T Sports in Killeen, TX:
Cleo Bay Honda: Inventory Search Results

Old 01-06-2009, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
Hazelwood, MO
Tidewater Sport M/T
MSRP:$16,730 Color:Tidewater Blue Metallic Engine:4 Transmission:Manual Mileage:N/A VIN:JHMGE87469S031101 Stock #:H90906
Bommarito | St Louis Honda Dealer | St Louis Honda Accord | St Louis Honda Civic | St Louis Honda CRV
---

St. Louis, MO, Blackberry Sport, M/T
JHMGE87459S025662
Use search here:
Frank Leta Honda | St. Louis - O'Fallon - Crestwood - St. Charles | New - Used - Preowned Honda Dealership | Missouri
---

Silver Sport M/T, Chicago, IL
Carrs Honda Center, Chicago, IL, Chicagoland, Illinois, Honda dealer, new, used cars, Element, Accord, Civic, CR-V, Insight, Odyssey, Pilot, S2000
---

Lisle, IL , Silver Sport m/t
Bodystyle:4 door HatchbackDrivetrain:FWDEngine:1.5L I-4cylTransmission:ManualExt. Color:Storm SilverInt. Color:Black w/Cloth Seat TrimStock Number:H90886VIN:JHMGE874X9S024717Model Code:GE8749EWNew Honda Fit, Lisle, IL, Hatchback, Honda Superstore of Lisle Stock: H90886
---

Old 01-06-2009, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
I have NO idea if any of this is useful to anyone. I'm picking areas, working my way around. But the info is only as good as the day and date I find it. The Sport Manuals are obviously hard to find, as each area I check has 15 dealerships. And you can see how many cars I turn up, as a result of what the dealerships show online. The silver is such a popular color!!! So it seems that they made a few more of them. I've not been putting in the Base M/T, but they are out there too. And about as hard to find.

As mentioned by someone else, there are areas that don't seem to have any manuals. And other areas that have many. I think I hit the mother lode of manuals in north Florida.

So, here's a few more of the Sport M/T.

Jacksonville, FL
THREE Silver M/T Sports and even a base in M/T Silver!:
Duval Honda | Jacksonville - Orange Park - Brunswick GA - St. Augustine | New - Used - Preowned Honda Dealership | Georgia | Florida
---

Jacksonville, FL
Black Sport M/T:
Shop Honda: Coggin Honda Jacksonville Honda in Jacksonville Florida, offering new and used Hondas, a New Honda Dealer and a New Honda Dealership offer Cars, Trucks and SUVs
---

St. Augustine, FL
Two more Silver!!!
Shop Honda: Coggin Honda of St. Augustine Honda in St. Augustine Florida, offering new and used Hondas, a New Honda Dealer and a New Honda Dealership offer Cars, Trucks and SUVs
---

Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
TWO SPORT NAV MANUALS

Raleigh, NC

Blue Sensation:
JHMGE87699S01458

Taffeta White:
JHMGE87609S02362

Do a search here (no direct link to the cars):
Leith Honda | Raleigh - Garner - Cary - Wake Forest | New - Used - Preowned Honda Dealership | North Carolina

Click on Inventory, then New Inventory, then select FIT from the menu.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I had no trouble at all finding a manual transmission sport in the Seattle area! I was worried about not being able to find one, but more than one dealership said they were getting them back in October so I was worried for nothing. I wasn't about to consider an automatic and have been just thrilled with my silver sport manual transmission :-)

Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
The presence of MT models depends a lot on the local demographics. My area (Hilton Head/Bluffton South Carolina) is heavily populated by retirees, and Seniors don't like to shift gears anymore. Our Orange Revolution Sport w/Nav is on order with AT, out of consideration to my wife. I recently leased a BMW 335i, and decided in favor of automatic, based on the salesman's observation that only about 3% of the 3 Series Bimmers sold at the local dealership have manual transmissions. Very low number considering the performance and enthusiast following that the 335i has developed.

If you get a manual transmission, be very careful to avoid service personnel who do not know what they are doing. My Honda S2000 received a little abuse at our local tire store. The tire guy was trying to back out of a spot and into the service bay. Three times he tried to find reverse (which hides behind 6th gear), and three times he obviously selected 6th and stalled the car. He found reverse successfully just as I was suffering a sh#t hemmorhage and running over to show him what to do. And let's not even talk about valet parking attendants.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Manuals aren't to rare, they just order to many automatics.