2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

are 09 Sport Manuals rare???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Exclamation Auto to Manual ratio must be 10:1!

I went my dealer for service or test drives several times and NEVER saw a manual.

I wasn't even 100% sure I wanted another Fit. I looked at Accords first, then Civics, then the Civic Hybrid.

When I did get around to driving the Fit, it was an automatic w/ NAVI (Silver). I liked everything about the car except the way the a/t shifted and the feeling of no power. It was a deal-killer for me and I was ready to walk away. The salesman asked what's wrong and I said "I know that most people prefer automatics, but I have always liked a stick better."

He said he'd call me if they ever got a manual in stock so I could drive it.

I got the call (unexpectedly) and said I'd try to come by on the weekend and drive it. When he said it was White , I tried to act disinterested, but I had half a feeling that if I like the m/t in the '09 I was getting it. I knew that car wouldn't last long and I had to jump if I was even thinking about it.

Well, the rest is history. Long story short though - I must have seen 15 other Fits at that dealership over a couple of months and they were ALL automatics.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 AM
There's no way I would ever purchase an AT, and I told the dealer that immediately. I really wanted a black Fit, but I needed it ASAP (old car finally bit the dust), so I didn't have the option to wait for one to be special-ordered or brought in long-distance.

The dealer had red, blue, orange, and silver within short delivery distance. I originally was thinking, "Sure, I'm OK with blue now, but will I still like it in a few years?" but went for it anyway. Now BSP is growing on me and I've actually started to love the color. I'm even kinda glad black wasn't available! You might try looking into other colors, even just to test-drive.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jrlnc
I went my dealer for service or test drives several times and NEVER saw a manual.

I wasn't even 100% sure I wanted another Fit. I looked at Accords first, then Civics, then the Civic Hybrid.

When I did get around to driving the Fit, it was an automatic w/ NAVI (Silver). I liked everything about the car except the way the a/t shifted and the feeling of no power. It was a deal-killer for me and I was ready to walk away. The salesman asked what's wrong and I said "I know that most people prefer automatics, but I have always liked a stick better."

He said he'd call me if they ever got a manual in stock so I could drive it.

I got the call (unexpectedly) and said I'd try to come by on the weekend and drive it. When he said it was White , I tried to act disinterested, but I had half a feeling that if I like the m/t in the '09 I was getting it. I knew that car wouldn't last long and I had to jump if I was even thinking about it.

Well, the rest is history. Long story short though - I must have seen 15 other Fits at that dealership over a couple of months and they were ALL automatics.
It's not just Fits. My brother had the same experience with trying to get a manual Yaris. He'd been looking around a bit, but after an accident, had to get a new car fast. He had ONE choice. That was the only one in the whole area that he's in.

As far as popular colors, read up here:
DuPont News: December 10, 2008

Whites at the top. Black moving into the number 2 spot. Silver in third, but had been the reigning color for years. And it's still super popular. There's a link to their News Releases for the complete December 10 article highlighting trends around the world.

And here's a link showing the preferences by color and location:
DuPont Press Releases

Color fascinates me.

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 01-05-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: fixed date
Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blythe
There's no way I would ever purchase an AT, and I told the dealer that immediately. I really wanted a black Fit, but I needed it ASAP (old car finally bit the dust), so I didn't have the option to wait for one to be special-ordered or brought in long-distance.

The dealer had red, blue, orange, and silver within short delivery distance. I originally was thinking, "Sure, I'm OK with blue now, but will I still like it in a few years?" but went for it anyway. Now BSP is growing on me and I've actually started to love the color. I'm even kinda glad black wasn't available! You might try looking into other colors, even just to test-drive.
You have beautiful photos for your car, Blythe. I love the blue and gold pairing of car, sky, golden grasses.

The BSP looks almost black in some images, while being a vibrant blue in others. That's one advantage of the metallic/pearl cars.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blythe

This is why when the car was released in August I called around to find my black MT Sport non-Navi and jumped on it. I've been peeking around at dealers looking at Fits and I don't think I've seen a manual since.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
I got on the list for my TW manual in August and got the car in November, yes they are very rare. But also well worth it.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
This is why when the car was released in August I called around to find my black MT Sport non-Navi and jumped on it. I've been peeking around at dealers looking at Fits and I don't think I've seen a manual since.
I just looked around locally again, and there just aren't any. There's one Tidewater Blue base stick. That's it.

I had enough trouble finding my Taffeta White base automatic. Oh, there are plenty of white SPORTS, but not so many base models.

And like CrystalFiveMT, I did jump on it when I saw it, because it was exactly what I wanted.

I even saved the partial screen shot of the ad I found that shows my car. And as soon as I saw it online, it was MY car. MINE. Even without talking to the dealer, it was MY car.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Thumbs up Good pick

Originally Posted by BakedCookies
I got on the list for my TW manual in August and got the car in November, yes they are very rare. But also well worth it.
Your like me and you must be my evil twin!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Your like me and you must be my evil twin!
Aw, gee, I want an evil twin too! Can I just be everyone's retarded cousin?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Aw, gee, I want an evil twin too! Can I just be everyone's retarded cousin?
How 'bout evil triplet?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
How 'bout evil triplet?
Yeah, but I have a base automatic. So I could be one of those non-identical type triplets. You two and then me:

Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
I'm waiting almost 4 months for my MT Sport w/Navi.

The lack of MT's is the one main reasons why I didnt buy the GD in May 06.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Question An alternative?

Originally Posted by FitStir
I'm waiting almost 4 months for my MT Sport w/Navi.

The lack of MT's is the one main reasons why I didnt buy the GD in May 06.
Fitstir -

A manual Fit Sport w/ NAVI is a rare commodity indeed! I really wanted NAVI too on my Sport m/t, but it is VERY hard to find (especially if you are picky and only want 1 color).

So I settled for my color in non-NAVI and I'm adding that this weekend. For about $800 total additional (parts & labor) I'm putting in the Pionneer AVIC F90BT. It is way better than the factory unit and a lot more flexible (it has bluetooth, voice control, iPod control, DVD playback and doesn't need a nav DVD cause it uses memory).

At $1800, the Honda unit is way too expensive! I don't think that the VSA makes the package worthwhile. That's just me.

If you can go with what I did, you'll save some money, get a better NAVI unit and will be able to get your car faster.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
At $1800, the Honda unit is way too expensive! I don't think that the VSA makes the package worthwhile. That's just me.

If you can go with what I did, you'll save some money, get a better NAVI unit and will be able to get your car faster.
I'll definitely use the stock Navi, but I agree $1800 more it's not really worth it due to all the disabled features. I got the Navi probably more for the steering wheel controls, than anything else, and VSA will be an added bonus. From what I'm reading installing a VSA (plus getting an aftermarket navi & steering wheel controls) afterwards would cost more than just getting the Navi package. I would have liked the DVD playback, option of installing a rear camera, bluetooth, and info display available on other factory Navi's, but most of those can be solved with alternative methods. We can suppposedly splice the video input and install a seperate DVD player (routing a back-up camera in the process), bluetooth with a $20 headset (more clarity anyway), info display with a Scangauge. I might eventually just go with a Pioneed Avic series, but for the time being its not worth it for me.

I already bought the car a while ago, just waiting for arrival which should be this month.

I also wasn't flexible about the color or the transmission, so I really had no other option except to wait it out. Atleast the wait is almost over.

Last edited by FitStir; 01-05-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
You have beautiful photos for your car, Blythe. I love the blue and gold pairing of car, sky, golden grasses.

The BSP looks almost black in some images, while being a vibrant blue in others. That's one advantage of the metallic/pearl cars.
Thanks! Colorado is pretty this time of year (as long as you don't spend too much time outside freezing your a$$ off). I love the color now.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
We wanted a Fit Sport MT Navi SSM. There wasn't a single one in the mid-West (of any color). Many, many dealer inventories listed them, but the cars did not exist. One salesman in Chicago (we're about 225 miles away) said he was looking at the car right outside his window, but that was not the case. My dealer located one in South Carolina, but even though it was on Honda's inventory, that car did not exist either.

We ordered what we want and are waiting it out. MT+VSA will be worth it. Drive a car with VSA in poor conditions and you'll know what I mean. Wife won't drive a car without MT.

Any day now...I hope.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SportMTNavi
We wanted a Fit Sport MT Navi SSM. There wasn't a single one in the mid-West (of any color). Many, many dealer inventories listed them, but the cars did not exist. One salesman in Chicago (we're about 225 miles away) said he was looking at the car right outside his window, but that was not the case. My dealer located one in South Carolina, but even though it was on Honda's inventory, that car did not exist either.

We ordered what we want and are waiting it out. MT+VSA will be worth it. Drive a car with VSA in poor conditions and you'll know what I mean. Wife won't drive a car without MT.

Any day now...I hope.
Since I enjoy looking things up, when I have the urge to look around randomly, I'll post any manual Sports (with or without NAV) in this thread. Regardless of color.

San Diego.
Pacific Honda
4761 Convoy St
San Diego, CA 92111
Call Today: 800.465.1303
---

Sport, MT, no color listed:
VEHICLE INFO
- VIN: JHMGE87449S037351
- Stock: 00091304

TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Gas I4 - 117 HP - 1.5L/91.4
- 106 lb/ft of Torque
- Manual Transmission
- Front Wheel Drive
New Honda San Diego | San Diego New Honda | 2009 Honda San Diego | Pacific Honda

---

By the way, you can always run a VIN through a VIN checker to be sure it's a REAL car:
What Can Your Honda's Vehicle Identification Number Tell You?

And here's where you check it:
VIN View /// AnalogX
---

VEHICLE INFO
- VIN: JHMGE87459S033518
- Stock: 00091167
- Mileage: 5
- Color: Bk

TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Gas I4 - 117 HP - 1.5L/91.4
- 106 lb/ft of Torque
- Manual Transmission
- Front Wheel Drive
New Honda San Diego | San Diego New Honda | 2009 Honda San Diego | Pacific Honda

This dealer either has a fleet of black sport manuals or there's some kind of funny business going on. It's near the Marine base, maybe those guys only will drive black sport m/ts???

Old 01-05-2009, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Escondido, CA
New Honda Cars: Search all new Honda car dealership inventory online at Honda of Escondido Escondido, CA

Black manual sport
Year: 2009 Make: Honda Model: Fit Trim/Style: 5dr HB Man Sport Exterior Color: Crystal Black Pearl Interior Color: BLACK CLOTH MSRP: $16,930.00 Stock Number: 53136 VIN: JHMGE87469S037755

Old 01-05-2009, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Weseloh Honda. 33555 Camino Capistrano San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

Milano Red Sport MT (scroll down):
WeselohHonda.com

Old 01-05-2009, 09:20 PM
wow, its wierd how most dealers dont have 5sp trans. i work at a dealer in north ga and we have plenty that ive seen. grantet there are more autos but 5sp are still good stock. we dont many base models which surprised me. all colors tho. check out www.gphonda.com

Quick Reply: are 09 Sport Manuals rare???