2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Paint Calipers and rear drums...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
If you had to paint calipers fine but don't paint the drums, they look,.... silly.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Painting the rear drums anything but black draws too much attention to the fact that we got stinkin' old drum brakes instead of discs like the Jazz.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Oh well, it's been done. I did this to my old Civic and I regretted doing it a few years down the line. Was always too lazy to paint it back to black.

Name:  724a2c75.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  31.5 KB

Old 12-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by panda1314
nice clean tw, might have been better if you just painted the fronts and left the drums black, what % are your tints?
40% all around

Old 12-31-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by ghettoboy247
volcom: hey man, just wanted to say that it looks good! props to you and don't get discouraged from what other people say! it's good to follow your n2ition and tune your car for YOURself!
thanks, i like it, love it, shure i will change the drums for calipers, not now, but i will, just did't like to paint the front and live the drums black. like it more red

Old 12-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Banned
Painting brakes is stupid, you are drawing attention to your wee bit o' brakes. Flat black if anything, IF.

Like trimming your pubes thinking the man-zone looks larger.

Fooling no one.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
Painting brakes is stupid...
Making stupid comments is stupid.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Fit_Dr
Making stupid comments is stupid.
But you agree on the othe point?

Old 01-01-2009, 01:38 AM
lesion up buddy the Fit is nice too much red in the back but guess what its your car not mine your car is what you want so to everyone one else giving you slack, its his Fit if he wants to pant the drums RED its his call, but you did post it up to show so expect slack its a love hate kinda thing. A+ for tryin

Old 01-01-2009, 02:38 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Blackout
lesion up buddy the Fit is nice too much red in the back but guess what its your car not mine your car is what you want so to everyone one else giving you slack, its his Fit if he wants to pant the drums RED its his call, but you did post it up to show so expect slack its a love hate kinda thing. A+ for tryin
Ditto what say he..

Old 01-01-2009, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
By saying don't do it we're just trying to look out for the guy. It's a ricey thing and we don't want him to rice out his new Fit, but you know what they say... "As long as you [the person doing it] like it..."

Old 01-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Originally Posted by volcom
I paint the Fit calipers and rear drums red!!! will post pictures tomorow...
The drums!?? Why on earth would you want to call attention to the most embarrassing hard parts on the car?

Old 01-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Originally Posted by DrPhyzx
The drums!?? Why on earth would you want to call attention to the most embarrassing hard parts on the car?
because he can...?

Old 01-01-2009, 06:16 AM
5 Year Member
i was gonna post up the typical "thats ricy, blah blah" but you know what? it isnt my car, why should i care? OP, more power to you. do what makes you feel good

Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
Painting brakes is stupid, you are drawing attention to your wee bit o' brakes. Flat black if anything, IF.

Like trimming your pubes thinking the man-zone looks larger.

Fooling no one.
why? cause you dont like it it's stupid?, it's like changing the background emblem to red, painting the headlights to black or whatever color or paiting the ingine cover dawing atention to the wee bit' o little motor, cause every time a pop the hood to show the peple what the fit have the are like, where the hell is the motor? or where is it I dont see it?. People drawing attention to those things,i dont like those and i dont think it's stupid or ricey.

Last edited by volcom; 01-01-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by volcom
why? cause you dont like it it's stupid?, it's like changing the background emblem to red, painting the headlights to black or whatever color or paiting the ingine cover dawing atention to the wee bit' o little motor, cause every time a pop the hood to show the peple what the fit have the are like, where the hell is the motor? or where is it I dont see it?. People drawing attention to those things,i dont like those and i dont thing it's stupid or ricey.
^^^^Rep added!

Old 01-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Banned
Who knows, the rice look might be making a comeback. I missed it the first time, was into German cars at the time.

Good luck with the painting and who cares what others think and all that stuff.

Get a tattoo at the same time, be unique.

I am unsubscribing to this string of the forum.....

Last edited by kamakurakid; 01-01-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:00 PM
This argument is like beating a dead horse. If you like it, do it. I just hope you have the balls to not let it get to you when 90% of people that see it, will laugh or talk shit to you. I wouldn't do either, but I'm not like most people. And people with Fits aren't really like most people either. We're a different breed.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:09 PM
like i said love it or leave it and to the ricy thing anything we do to our fit is ricy i for one have a LED light kit under my car. (fast and the furious) things like cold air intake, exhaust if you mod the car at all out side of the factory it might be ricy to someone the only way for the fit not to be ricy is if it was made by FORD so please everyone let this dead horse be drop the stick and walk away...

Old 01-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Calipers look good. Drums isn't for me, but if you like it then by all means go ahead and do it. I don't understand at all why people call it rice though. So, you painted a part of the car that previously didn't have it.. And? It's not like you put a huge vinyl APC sticker on the windshield, slapped on some "euro" lights, tacked a time attack spoiler onto the roof of the car and said you could then go run Nordschleife in under 7 minutes. People need to get over themselves. In that case, why would you ever put an aftermarket exhaust on a Fit? So you can amplify the sound of that tiny little engine under the hood? Why mod anything ever then?

OP, do what you like to your car and take pride in it. Even if people disagree with it, if it makes you happy, all the better!

Quick Reply: Paint Calipers and rear drums...