2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Door Mirror Cover w LED Honda Jazz and Fit 09 GE8 JDM

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Door Mirror Cover w LED Honda Jazz and Fit 09 GE8 JDM

I was looking for LED mirror covers for my 2009 Fit Sport and found these on Ebay:
eBay Motors: Door Mirror Cover w LED Honda Jazz and Fit 09 GE8 JDM (item 170288655495 end time Jan-18-09 18:40:36 PST)

So I have three questions:
1) Has anybody bought from this seller?
2) Will these fit my American-bought Fit Sport 2009?
3) Does anybody have instructions how to install the covers?
I know there is another thread about LED mirror covers but it didn't explain anything much.

Also, they wrote:
We have both Unpainted cover and several colors Honda as below :
blah-blah-blah
Silver Stone Metallic ( NH-630M ) < Grey >

I have a Fit Sport 2009 Silver Sport Metallic. Will these match or do I have to get the unpainted ones and then paint them?

Sorry for asking so much but I was hoping that someone has some experience with this stuff. I know I should ask the seller about some of this stuff but sometimes they tell you anything they can to sell their product.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't buy them cuz they are aftermarket. There is another seller in Japan that has the oem ones painted for around $160 painted oem color. They aren't listed right now but if I see them again I'll let u know.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:40 PM
what's aftermarket?

Old 12-26-2008, 12:34 AM
To SRLNCLT:
Thanks I really appreciate it keep me posted.

To robertdjr:
From what I understand aftermarket generally means accessories you add to your car (after you have bought it) that are not made by Honda. For example there is a company called Mugen that makes accessories for the Honda Fit, which would qualify them as aftermarket accessories. But I barely know anything about cars so I'm probably wrong, so don't take my word for it lol

Old 12-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by smartpolak88
To SRLNCLT:
Thanks I really appreciate it keep me posted.
Will do. He doesnt have them on right now but if I see them again, I'll let u know.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
search for comments from member Lek (I think that's how he spells it). I think he said they weren't that good in the fitment dept.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Stick with the JDM OEM Mirror covers with the LED's they are not that pricey and they fit well.. ..

Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Here you rich kids go. If only I have a couple extra bills....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/09-HO...Q5fAccessories

Old 12-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Is it just me or are the mirror covers a little expensive (or should I stop whining cause its normally priced and buy them lol) ? I mean, you're just paying for a cover with an LED, and it costs $90 each. It's not even the whole freaking mirror.

Are they really worth it, safety wise? I started to look for these mirrors because: my dad almost got into an accident the other day because he didn't know the car perpendicular to him was turning, because the flashing turn lights on that car were installed not on the sides but near the grill in the middle. So there was no way to see it from the side. Then I realized that the Fit has the same setup, flashing turn lights in the middle. So basically only the cars directly in front and in back can see if your turning, but the cars on your sides can't see anything, so they won't be able to tell if your turning. I don't know if this would be a big problem or not since all others cars I have driven have the flashing turn lights installed on the sides in the front so at least 90% of people can see where your going. Any opinions, comments? BTW, I live in central NJ, if that helps...

Old 12-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by smartpolak88
Is it just me or are the mirror covers a little expensive (or should I stop whining cause its normally priced and buy them lol) ? I mean, you're just paying for a cover with an LED, and it costs $90 each. It's not even the whole freaking mirror.

Are they really worth it, safety wise? I started to look for these mirrors because: my dad almost got into an accident the other day because he didn't know the car perpendicular to him was turning, because the flashing turn lights on that car were installed not on the sides but near the grill in the middle. So there was no way to see it from the side. Then I realized that the Fit has the same setup, flashing turn lights in the middle. So basically only the cars directly in front and in back can see if your turning, but the cars on your sides can't see anything, so they won't be able to tell if your turning. I don't know if this would be a big problem or not since all others cars I have driven have the flashing turn lights installed on the sides in the front so at least 90% of people can see where your going. Any opinions, comments? BTW, I live in central NJ, if that helps...
Nah they're not really overpriced. They are oem fit, oem painted, and wired. I think it's actually a pretty good price. Personally I'll probably go for the sidemarkers. I've installed 2 sets already and they are pertty easy to install. I'm still trying to find a part number and price.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
I just got the LED mirror covers yesterday. Has anybody installed theirs yet? If anybody wants to lead me through the process I could take some pictures and post a DIY.