2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What interest rate is Honda Finance offering?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Interest rates seem so high right now. I just checked my credit union and with 20% down the lowest rate is 5.99% for 48 months. I just picked up my 09 Fit Sport a little over a month ago but am unemployed so I figured no one would loan me money therefore I didn't even try to finance it.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
934? The FICO scale only goes up to 850, where did you get your score?

If anyone wants to look up their credit score for free (no catches), try creditkarma.com. You can get your Transunion score for free since they get paid through advertising. It also has some very useful tools that help you analyze your score.

Also, some credit tips here.
I opened an online account at truecredit, and that's what they say my score is.

TrueCredit - 3-Bureau Credit Report & Credit Score - By TransUnion

In all my searching for supposed 'free' credit reports, the only thing that I found was indeed true is you can get your credit REPORT free, but to see your credit SCORE will cost you- albeit a minimal charge. I think it was ten bucks. But I just logged onto my transunion account and all remains the same.

Dan

Old 08-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Well then something is wrong, unless it is not a FICO score. If it is not a FICO score then it is useless to compare to other scores. Either way, you do not have a 934 FICO score.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
This is actually interesting. This is what I'm looking at in my account-

Score

Grade
A

Created on
08/03/2009

Based on your TransUnion
credit report, this is a depiction
of your creditworthiness

So, it's a DEPICTION! What the hell do I know. Like everyone on the planet, I seeked out my credit score and this being truecredit by TRANSUNION, I figured this is the place to be. Get your credit score, know your credit score- you have this banged into your brain when beginning this process. So, you get your score and then people tell you it's NOT your score! Amazing! Now I'm totally confused! Should we be looking up our FICO score, or our CREDIT score? I figured a credit score is a credit score! Perhaps this 'depiction' is cumulative of all three big boys, and this 'depiction' at least tells me I must have a high FICO score, anyway. But frankly, I find the whole thing rather ****ed up at this point. My credit REPORT in my account is dead on accurate, but my credit SCORE is bullshit? Shocking, to say the least.

Dan

Old 08-21-2009, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Transunion does have its own scoring range:

Credit Score
Credit Score Range
FICO Score
300-850
Equifax Fico
300-850
Experian
330-830
TransUnion Empirica
150-934
VantageScore
500-990

A 934 (would be like FICO 850) puts him at like the .1% percentile of all Americans. Most people will never even come close.

How did you pull off this score by the way? I definitely want to know your secret.

edit: Just saw your last post, I don't think we were calling BS on your score, just noting that FICO doesn't go that high, no need to get defensive.

Last edited by Vanct; 08-21-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
I gotta tell you, I was shocked myself. When I showed that printout to my honda dealer, THEY flipped out. And to make your salesman gulp at negotiations is quite a nice thing, I can assure you.

I don't have a clue what my secret is. I'm 46 years old and like almost everyone, I have a lengthy credit history with home purchases, store cards I forgot I even had by now, a coule of latenesses along the way, a refi to consoladate out of control credit debt, and so on. I haven't hid under a rock, that's for sure. If there's anything that sticks out, it's all balances are paid on time or better, I have only one balance on ONE credit card, and I only have visa, mastercard, and amex. I generally ONLY use my debit card for purchases. That keeps me honest. The one balance I have on mastercard was a balance transfer some years ago. It's 2.9 for the life of the loan, which is a freakin great rate. I dumped over my new windows for my house to that, which they were at 12% financed through the window place. Mastercard has saved my ass like that along the way.

The biggest secret, if I could guess. I went without for years. I bought only what I NEEDED, not what I WANTED. And as a musician I can tell you, THAT isn't easy! But in the end, pay your bills and don't live beyond your means, if you can help it. Then when it comes time to buy a Honda Fit, you have some wiggle room.

EDIT- I'm not getting defensive. It's called scared to death. You realize, you give ALL your personal info when obtaining this info on line. I was scared shittless just applying! So to have people say this stuff caught me by surprise, to say the least! The last thing anyone wants to learn is they were scammed! I don't think I have been, thankfully.

Dan

Last edited by Shockwave199; 08-21-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
Transunion does have its own scoring range:

Credit Score

Credit Score Range

FICO Score

300-850

Equifax Fico

300-850

Experian

330-830

TransUnion Empirica

150-934

VantageScore

500-990

A 934 (would be like FICO 850) puts him at like the .1% percentile of all Americans. Most people will never even come close.

How did you pull off this score by the way? I definitely want to know your secret.

edit: Just saw your last post, I don't think we were calling BS on your score, just noting that FICO doesn't go that high, no need to get defensive.
I have to say congrats on getting a credit score that high. I didn't know that Transunion had scores in the 900s! Anyways...the stuff you learn on these forums crazy!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by gs3boynyc
I have to say congrats on getting a credit score that high. I didn't know that Transunion had scores in the 900s! Anyways...the stuff you learn on these forums crazy!

+1

I never knew that about Transunion either.