2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Thanks Fitfreaks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Fitfreaks!

Picked up my new fit on Wednesday! And with the help of this forum I went from this:

To this:

It took me 2 months of patience, 3 dealers, and a few rounds of negotiations to get this FIT for msrp, free cargo cover, locking wheel nuts, and Honda carpet floor mats. I then purchased the center console and a Honda leather shift knob separately. So thanks Fitfreaks , with the knowledge on this forum I think I got a decent deal and am very pleased with my purchase.

Quick question, I have seen a few Vtec SOHC decals on the sides of a few Fits. Where do you get those? Did they come with the car? The Civic's have a similiar decal but theirs is DOHC. Thanks.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Wait... I thought this was the Ford f-150 forum...?

Congrats on your new cart.... looks great!
I just bought a pair of the vtec sohc decals from jmdecals
JMdecals.com Vinyl Graphics! - Fit SOHC Vtec (Powered by CubeCart)
I haven't put em on my storm gray 07 yet, but they're nice -- I'm happy with them. These graphics won't do a darn thing for my mileage, thou...
Welcome aboard -- drive safely!

Old 12-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Nice MK4 GTI... I still have my 2003 VR6 GTI..... But I Luv my Fit!!!

Old 12-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Scaldy
Picked up my new fit on Wednesday! And with the help of this forum I went from this:

To this:

so how are you finding the change over of cars going from a VW golf to a Fit, would be interested

Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chyperX
so how are you finding the change over of cars going from a VW golf to a Fit, would be interested
Well, I was certainly concerned about going from 220 hp (chipped 1.8t) to 117hp. But I was ready for the change, I'm 30 years old and I need 4 doors and better reliability, and practicality. The fit is much cheaper to operate vs. the gti which helps to overcome that lack of HP. The VW needed premium gas, synthetic oil changes and parts were darn expensive.

The fit has totally changed the way I drive, I'm much more cautious of my mpg computer and the driving input I'm applying. And that's just one of many things I like over the GTI.

The positives far out weigh the negatives but I will mention a few.

No locking gas cap, wtf?
The carpet mats and rear cargo tray were a PIA to install as I nervously drilled and cut into a brand new FIT!
No heated seats or sunroof

Overall, I'm happy I made the switch but like I said, I'm 30 and I was ready to go more practical. 10 years ago I never would have made the switch. But I grew out of the whole fast and furious thing

Old 12-15-2008, 12:36 AM
This is an interesting thread, one that proves my love of this forum. I've went back and forth on what my next car will be. Candidates include the Fit, a few others, and related to this thread, a GTI. I love when I sit in the GTI, the interior is so well done. But the sensible, practical side of me always goes back to the Fit. People like you Scaldy saying these things just confirm my thoughts and intuition. Add to that JDM_DOHC_SiR saying, "I still have my 2003 VR6 GTI..... But I Luv my Fit!!!" So plenty of folks have experienced what I'm going through. Reading about it here just gets me closer to having a Fit in my driveway.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:27 AM
Banned
Congrats on the new Fit! THBDesigns.com for the graphics.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Congrats on your new Fit!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Congrads on your new car and welcome to the Fit Family.

Cat :x

Old 12-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Scaldy
Well, I was certainly concerned about going from 220 hp (chipped 1.8t) to 117hp. But I was ready for the change, I'm 30 years old and I need 4 doors and better reliability, and practicality. The fit is much cheaper to operate vs. the gti which helps to overcome that lack of HP. The VW needed premium gas, synthetic oil changes and parts were darn expensive.

The fit has totally changed the way I drive, I'm much more cautious of my mpg computer and the driving input I'm applying. And that's just one of many things I like over the GTI.

The positives far out weigh the negatives but I will mention a few.

No locking gas cap, wtf?
The carpet mats and rear cargo tray were a PIA to install as I nervously drilled and cut into a brand new FIT!
No heated seats or sunroof

Overall, I'm happy I made the switch but like I said, I'm 30 and I was ready to go more practical. 10 years ago I never would have made the switch. But I grew out of the whole fast and furious thing
Congrats! on your Fit... Dont you love the MPG, way better than the VW. and 30 yrs old? your still young... so dont worry about driving the fast and furious thing its still fast and fun to drive!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Old 12-16-2008, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Alright, after more cutting and drilling I installed the oem center console today . Definitely worth the money.

But I realized that my Canadian Fit Sport doesn't have a map light. Is there any way to turn on the dome light with one of the light switches. It's kind of an awkward and unsafe reach to try turning the dome light on manually at the source. Any Canadians run into this issue?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
pics please