2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Below invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Don't fall with the Fit with accessories already installed. Just another way to make their MSRP price look good and worth the value. Remember this week and next week is there make or break to meet the quota for the month and year. Don't be scared to ask for a price that you want. State you mean business and you want the X amount out the door with or without the accessories on the Fit. Talk to them on the phone or email if you feel you don't have the confident to hagle in person. Like a mentioned on my previous post, one from Berkley offered me $15,988 destination charge included.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by moolman
I've been shopping for a Fit with Navi for the past week and will buy one on the 26th. I live in NorCal right now and I'm visiting family in SoCal. I have been getting very good prices so far but until I buy it, there's no telling.

People all over the web post that they got invoice or below etc etc. but fail to mention that they bought a rip off alarm, rip off extended warranty, rip off accessories, got shafted on their trade in, etc. etc. hence the good price on the car.

After I buy my car, I will post all details.

Alex
There ARE many factors in that final price. I would have preferred the real Honda alarm. The one that was charged for cost about $100 more. I didn't get a warranty. I didn't trade anything in. I paid MSRP for the accessories I wanted.

There's also financing terms. Many buyers can't get the advertised low interest rates, because of their credit. New to a job, first time car buyer, etc. The length of time and amount of interest and the amount of the down payment will affect the overall costs as well.

The only time we can really compare who paid what, is if the terms are cash. The price on the car is the price on the car. And if nothing else is done to the car.

For instance, I won't be buying new wheels. I love all the wheels that I see on the cars on this forum. But it came with wheels, and they are round and roll well. For MY purposes, the stock wheels on the base FIT will get me where I'm going. Nobody will steal them either.

If you start adding on wheels, and tires, and more stereo power, that has to be included in the price too. If you look at that dressed up Sport at the Concord Honda link, the price IS higher. It DOES reflect the price of the wheels and the tint and the tires and the moon roof.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
I'll be buying my Fit tomorrow, I have 4 dealers lined up, the first that gives me the price that I want will get the sale. I'm driving a hard bargain, it's the end of the year... haha... I'm getting a good deal even if it's only a couple of hundred dollars difference.

ALex

Old 12-26-2008, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
I'll be buying my Fit tomorrow, I have 4 dealers lined up, the first that gives me the price that I want will get the sale. I'm driving a hard bargain, it's the end of the year... haha... I'm getting a good deal even if it's only a couple of hundred dollars difference.

ALex
What offer do you have right now?

Old 12-26-2008, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member

ALex
Go Alex!!!

They don't generally "hold" cars. So if the deal isn't quite right and you think you can come back later to play one dealer off the other, the car could be gone.

Even while you are there, the car you want could be sold from under you. That happened to someone else in this forum.

They did hold a car for me, because it was the specific car I wanted, and I was paying cash.

You sound like the kind of person who LOVES to wheel and deal! And maybe that you don't have a specific car in mind, like color or options.

I knew exactly what I wanted, and didn't even need to check other places once I found it. I wanted white base, a/t, under MSRP.

Let us know how it goes!

Old 12-26-2008, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1LegitFit
What offer do you have right now?

I'll post every detail maybe tonight if I end up buying but I don't want to jinx it, I will post every detail including any extras I have purchased and all details of the transaction, not just a I got this "price" which means nothing since there could be so many other factors involved. It's 6:30am right now in California and I'm in for a long day, just to save a hundred bucks which I'm probably wasting on gas and my time.. but I love it.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Autowest Honda has over 40+ the last time I checked Edmunds.com. Which means a possible advantage for you. I bought mine from Vacaville. Good luck Alex! Keep us posted on how well you do.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:52 PM
wow, thanks for the suggestion. I hope that I can get the MSRP or below invoice price when I buy it in late Jan.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
Hi everyone,
Well, I'm a proud owner of a White Fit Sport Auto with Navi. Picked up the car this afternoon, it wasn't too bad of an experience, did take like 3 hours and the standard BS. They tried to sell me the BS paint coating and Lo-Jack for $1600, then dropped to the "super low" "at cost" price of $595 but in the end just gave me the car after a bit since I was about to leave. I hate that kind of BS but it's their job so I can understand that. After that they were straight forward, no BS. The only reason why I even stuck around was that the car had 5 miles on it and was just PDI'ed. So nobody abused it on a test drive, which I like, so that was the only reason I stuck around. They just took off the plastic and I told them not to wash it so I don't get swirl marks all over the car.

I currently live in NorCal but bought the car in SoCal while visiting family today, I could of gotten the same deal at NorCal dealer but this place just matched it.

As promised the full details. I financed the car through my credit union at 4.75%@60 months, I did see some other credit unions that gave a better rate but I plan on paying off the car quickly, so I didn't care too much. They told me up front that they couldn't beat the rate because the Honda Days financing didn't include the Fit.

MSRP: $19430
Invoice $18755

I paid: $18,500
doc fee: $55 (max allowed by CA law)
8% tax: $1484.40
License: $206.00
CA tire fee: $8.75
Total: $20,254.15

Now my full disclosures since many people post prices and they don't mean jack squat because they fail to mention that they bought over priced accessories, got ripped off in their trade in etc.

I bought no accessories, I had no trade in. I did buy the 8year/120K $0 deductible Honda Care warranty for $895. The deal was in no way contingent on me buying the warranty. I kind of forced them to sell me the warranty. Online many of the dealers refuse to sell the Honda Care to California right now and the ones that do the lowest I could find for California was $990. But other sites have that warranty for $890 for the other states. The Honda dealer I went to does not normally sell Honda Care, they sell their own rip off warranty. The reason I paid an extra $5 was because the finance guy just asked that since $890 is cost, at least cover the paper work of writing up the contract so I agreed, still cheaper than the $990. He claimed that because they don't normally sell Honda Care there, they don't get much of a kick back like the online dealers that sell many of the warranties, hence the $5.

So I bought nothing extra to get my price, no trade in, no accessories, just the Honda Care which wasn't contingent upon the deal, more of a burden for them actually.

I think though that I might have left some money on the table, if I really wanted to squeeze them, maybe another $100 or $200 more. If someone had previously posted that they bought the car for $18,500 I may have pushed for more off since I knew it could be done but nobody here posted a lower price, so I just put that as my goal and I got it.

I know I sound awefully cheap squeezing every penny but don't cry for the dealer, I'm sure somebody today at the dealership bought the $1600, paint protection, Lo-Jack package for their Fit.

Alex

Old 12-27-2008, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
Not bad Alex! You've done your homework well. It's all worth all the efforts when squeezing evey penny means a lot to you. It sure means a lot to me. I was offered the Honda Care and did not believe the value of it. Just my opinion that it's not worth the cost if nothing happens to your Fit. Your OTD price would of been at $19K and change then...nevertheless for an Auto w/Nav it's a FIT FREAKIN' STEAL!!!

Old 12-27-2008, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
Good job, Alex! Enjoy your new car and great deal!

Old 12-27-2008, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
I totally agree with you that the Honda Care is not worth it. I too was very, very hesitant to buy it. The Fit is a car that is under $20K so paying $900 or about 5% of the purchase price for the extended warranty is not worth it. I justified it for a couple of reasons, the Fit replaced a Lexus which had road side assistance for free. Our other car that we're keeping is also a Lexus and it has free road side assistance. I would have to pay $50 a year or so for the next 8 years to get AAA. My wife has already used RSA twice for tire changes in the past year, so it's well worth it for me. I just moved to a new area to NorCal and I don't know any good mechanics here and since my other car is still under warranty, I won't know one for a long time in my new area. But in the end of it all, I'll still sleep well that even though I bought the 8y/120k extended warranty and paid $895 for it, that means I paid $19395 for the car plus warranty, that's still $35 less than MSRP. People here were paying MSRP for this car just last month and I'm willing to bet that once gas prices start heading up and it's not the end of year where dealers have some extra incentive to make that last end of the year quota or goal, that prices will start going back to MSRP. Good luck to the rest of you. And yes, even I who bought the Honda Care would not recommend it as a prudent financial buy, this was a splurge on my part.

Alex

Originally Posted by 1LegitFit
Not bad Alex! You've done your homework well. It's all worth all the efforts when squeezing evey penny means a lot to you. It sure means a lot to me. I was offered the Honda Care and did not believe the value of it. Just my opinion that it's not worth the cost if nothing happens to your Fit. Your OTD price would of been at $19K and change then...nevertheless for an Auto w/Nav it's a FIT FREAKIN' STEAL!!!

Old 12-27-2008, 12:58 PM
where im from in the northeast they are all marked up 2000 dollars almost everywhere, unless u want to order and wait forever, and they arent having any trouble sellin all of them, they r in high demand

Old 12-27-2008, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nilly1010
where im from in the northeast they are all marked up 2000 dollars almost everywhere, unless u want to order and wait forever, and they arent having any trouble sellin all of them, they r in high demand

According to latest Automotive news, sales are off and dealers not adding stock. If the dealers in your area all show that kind of ADP (added dealer profit) then suspect dealer price fixing. But then if demand is a lot higher than supply, they have the right and obligation to make as much profit as possible.

Last edited by mahout; 12-27-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I totally agree with you that the Honda Care is not worth it. I too was very, very hesitant to buy it. The Fit is a car that is under $20K so paying $900 or about 5% of the purchase price for the extended warranty is not worth it. I justified it for a couple of reasons, the Fit replaced a Lexus which had road side assistance for free. Our other car that we're keeping is also a Lexus and it has free road side assistance. I would have to pay $50 a year or so for the next 8 years to get AAA. My wife has already used RSA twice for tire changes in the past year, so it's well worth it for me. I just moved to a new area to NorCal and I don't know any good mechanics here and since my other car is still under warranty, I won't know one for a long time in my new area. But in the end of it all, I'll still sleep well that even though I bought the 8y/120k extended warranty and paid $895 for it, that means I paid $19395 for the car plus warranty, that's still $35 less than MSRP. People here were paying MSRP for this car just last month and I'm willing to bet that once gas prices start heading up and it's not the end of year where dealers have some extra incentive to make that last end of the year quota or goal, that prices will start going back to MSRP. Good luck to the rest of you. And yes, even I who bought the Honda Care would not recommend it as a prudent financial buy, this was a splurge on my part.

Alex
Now you have to post pictures. Yes, your Fit looks just like all the other stock TW Sports on the lot, but we still like to see it, and I'm sure you're proud of your deal, as you should be. Gonna mod it at all?

Old 12-27-2008, 09:15 PM
anderson honda gave me a OTD quote of $18,700 for AT sport after bargaining with walk out twice...is this all right??? Can I go any lower?

Old 12-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Got mine at $18650 with everything but the Nav option. The dealership here in South Carolina wouldn't budge on the price so I managed to get $1500 more on my trade than they wanted to give me. It didn't matter to me as long as I got the the final price that I wanted, lol.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Cup,
I would recommend going somewhere else. Have you tried Vallejo or Vacaville? I bet you can do a lot better. How about Concord? You have this weekend and next week to get the best deal. If you're looking for AT Sport, I wouldn't pay any more than $16,800, especially right now.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Just bought a Blackberry Pearl Fit Sport Auto w/Nav for $18400 OTD $20274 from Dublin Honda

Old 12-27-2008, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cupnoodle84
anderson honda gave me a OTD quote of $18,700 for AT sport after bargaining with walk out twice...is this all right??? Can I go any lower?
What is all on the vehicle?

My base had fees/taxes, etc, of about $1,600. Subtracting that from your total comes to $17,100

And there are Sport A/T FITs listed at Concord for $16,910:

In Black:
New Honda Fit, Concord, CA, Hatchback, Concord Honda Stock: 9S027677

No color listed here:
New Honda Fit, Concord, CA, Hatchback, Concord Honda Stock: 9S031919

No idea why some are less than others. Certainly worth checking out, it's a couple hundred bucks!

Quick Reply: Below invoice?