2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Below invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Just came back from a local dealer and got a price of $16,900+TTL = $18,8xx for a Milano Red Fit Sport Non-Navi. Put a deposit of $500 down, and will give final word of whether purchasing it or not by Tuesday 12/23.

Funny part is he started off by saying that there is a $1500 markup on the Fit, so the price was $19,080+TTL=21,xxx!!

Old 12-19-2008, 09:24 AM
My dealership has one fixed price and doesn't negotiate or care what other places quote. They're also not pushing to sell the Fit because they can't keep them on the lot. Every car seems to be spoken for before they even arrive, so they're not going to drop prices to try and get rid of them. If you go there not looking to buy a Fit, they'd much rather push a Civic on you.

Still, I think their Fit price is reasonable, they're local to me and they have a great, free service package. $17500 Fit Sport Auto

Old 12-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Got the FIT for a Internet Price

$17,480 for the Sport model no NAV

Old 12-22-2008, 11:51 PM
I ordered my manual sport in white 3 weeks ago (gonna pick it up either tomorrow or friday) and i got it for $16,050...
that includes destination charges.

at first the dealer said he couldn't budge below MSRP (which was $16730 with the destination) and then i talked him UNDER INVOICE (which would've been $16100)..... so I barely got below invoice...but i did and i believe i got a good deal

can't wait to pick it up!
Merry Christmas to me!

Old 12-23-2008, 03:33 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Where does one find out the invoice price?

Old 12-23-2008, 03:37 AM
try edmunds.com.... that's a pretty close estimate

Old 12-23-2008, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
Ahhh, thanks. I did go there before, but I must have missed the invoice place.

Says MSRP (which I knew) was $16,020 and invoice is $15,482 (both include destination fee). And I paid $15,860.90. I guess that's OK. Yes?

Old 12-23-2008, 04:28 AM
you didn't get totally raped like some people so that's good
when i was buying my car, i was just hoping to get below msrp, so getting below invoice i felt like i was either lucky, or a damn good haggler ;D

either way, it's a new car! yay!

Old 12-23-2008, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Katums06
you didn't get totally raped like some people so that's good
when i was buying my car, i was just hoping to get below msrp, so getting below invoice i felt like i was either lucky, or a damn good haggler ;D

either way, it's a new car! yay!
Ha! I think they got me with the "alarm/security system". I found this elsewhere after getting home with the car:
Rip-off Report: Karr Security Ultimate Auto "Security" Ripoff Centennial Colorado

I don't know what it does, other than open the locks from a distance. And make the car beep and flash. Maybe that's all it does. LOL!

And I did pay MSRP for the All-Season floor mats and cargo mat. They threw in the cargo cover (I think it was some scam to make me pay for it, actually, they said they accidentally put in the cover instead of the mat). Yeah. Right.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
I got my Sport Auto at the end of October through one of those newspaper ads where it said "4 at this price". It was $16988. Everywhere else was still selling at MSRP or above, so this was pretty good. When I got there, I found out the car had some dealer add-ons--Lo-Jack and tint (which they stickered at $495). I asked them to deactivate the Lo-Jack, and eventually got the tint down to $295, which was still pretty high, but I knew they needed to make money somewhere, so that seemed good enough.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HuskyBoy
I got my Sport Auto at the end of October through one of those newspaper ads where it said "4 at this price". It was $16988. Everywhere else was still selling at MSRP or above, so this was pretty good. When I got there, I found out the car had some dealer add-ons--Lo-Jack and tint (which they stickered at $495). I asked them to deactivate the Lo-Jack, and eventually got the tint down to $295, which was still pretty high, but I knew they needed to make money somewhere, so that seemed good enough.
I checked with my insurance company, CSAA (AAA), to see if they offered discounts with the kind of security system I have, and they said no. I asked about the Lo-Jack, and the rep at CSAA said no discount for the Lo-Jack in Northern California...

BUT, if I lived in Southern California, there would be some kind of discount on the insurance if the car had Lo-Jack.

You might want to check with CSAA to see how MUCH of a discount they offer for that Lo-Jack. If it will save you a few bucks on insurance, by switching over to a company that gives that kind of discount, it might be worthwhile activating.

Make SURE that whatever you have is what they will give a discount for.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redhatyellow2
From the quotes I am getting in So. California:

2009 Honda Fit Sport automatic
Color available: Blackberry pearl
Your Special Internet Price is: $16,979.00 + fees (actual invoice).

***Your price quote includes the $670.00 destination handling charge & full tank of gas.

How about 'handling fees', doc fees, prep fees and a long list of 'gotchas' that dealers like to use to pad the profit? That $600 discount disappears where the documentation fees or financing fees exceed $1000.

Fits are being sold at MSRP and slightly below by a few dealers but only Minis are still getting over MSRP. (and selling like theres no tomorrow!)

Old 12-24-2008, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Katums06
I ordered my manual sport in white 3 weeks ago (gonna pick it up either tomorrow or friday) and i got it for $16,050...
that includes destination charges.

at first the dealer said he couldn't budge below MSRP (which was $16730 with the destination) and then i talked him UNDER INVOICE (which would've been $16100)..... so I barely got below invoice...but i did and i believe i got a good deal

can't wait to pick it up!
Merry Christmas to me!
Well...

Did you get it yet?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:30 PM
I live in SF and I am planning to get a Fit in Jan (when I am 25), any recommendation of where should I go for dealers that sell below invoice or close MSRP???
thanks

Old 12-24-2008, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
I've been shopping for a Fit with Navi for the past week and will buy one on the 26th. I live in NorCal right now and I'm visiting family in SoCal. I have been getting very good prices so far but until I buy it, there's no telling.

People all over the web post that they got invoice or below etc etc. but fail to mention that they bought a rip off alarm, rip off extended warranty, rip off accessories, got shafted on their trade in, etc. etc. hence the good price on the car.

After I buy my car, I will post all details.

Alex

Old 12-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by moolman
I've been shopping for a Fit with Navi for the past week and will buy one on the 26th. I live in NorCal right now and I'm visiting family in SoCal. I have been getting very good prices so far but until I buy it, there's no telling.

People all over the web post that they got invoice or below etc etc. but fail to mention that they bought a rip off alarm, rip off extended warranty, rip off accessories, got shafted on their trade in, etc. etc. hence the good price on the car.

After I buy my car, I will post all details.

Alex
I think SoCal market is a little bit softer than NorCal now. It wasn't in the Fall when I looked, but it's a whole new ball game now that the economy is in full meltdown and cars are sitting on lots. You might think about buying down there if that is feasible for you. Still, considering the very small split between invoice and MSRP on these cars (<5%), it may not be worth a flight and a long drive just for a few hundred bucks.

I paid almost no fees and wouldn't accept a single option. However, I didn't get below MSRP either. Too bad I couldn't wait, but keeping my previous car was about to cost me $2000.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, the best prices so far have been from SoCal dealers, it may be because they have so many in stock. I used to live in Los Angeles until a couple of months ago, so I'm going back to visit family. I'll probably pick up the car on the 26th. I have 4 dealers right now fighting for my business, I may have to just settle on a price and go for it. As you said, the spread in price between MSRP and invoice is so small. I'm just seeing how low they would go without forcing any accessories, etc.

Alex

Old 12-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by cupnoodle84
I live in SF and I am planning to get a Fit in Jan (when I am 25), any recommendation of where should I go for dealers that sell below invoice or close MSRP???
thanks
Dunno. Back in the Fall nobody in the BA would budge below MSRP, and if you wanted a car you had to wait for, even that was sketchy. Menlo was OK, as was Hopkins. Anderson was getting the only car I actually wanted in the BA in a two month period (Sport MT w/ Nav in Blue Sensation), so I ended up there and they were straight-up enough to keep me from walking, but just barely. A surprising number of dealers didn't even respond to my internet inquiries, which surprised me after the relative ease of dealing with a few dozen Subaru dealers in the Spring. I imagine those same Honda dealers may be hungrier now for Fit customers that were a dime a dozen back in August.

Given the small $$$ at stake, I decided I wasn't going to do any long distances to get this car. YMMV.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by jelliotlevy
This very moment, as we speak, oil is down to $38.20 a barrel. This situation will not last very long - one may be sure that it will be way back up 6 - 12 months from now. But,maybe there is a window of opportunity as low gas prices cut down on demand for a super-economical vehicle, and dealers have to respond with some sort of discount.
We assume that the prices will be back up because that's what they've done in the past. That won't necessarily hold true in the future. I'm going to try to prepare either way, but still don't necessarily count on the quick spring-back happening.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cupnoodle84
thanks
I can only tell you where I bought, which was Concord Honda. Doug Miller was my salesman. http://www.concordhonda.com

They have more cars now, looks like they got a new shipment. They have one all gussied up. It has a moon roof in it.

Doug Miller does internet sales. And is very helpful via email and via phone.

I figure if they aren't very helpful via email and phone, they probably aren't going to be much better in person. And I have a feeling for the person before even going in. If he is prompt and courteous, things like that.

There is a section that has dealers and locations that you could browse too
Honda Fit Dealer Reviews

Concord Honda is owned by the same people who own Serramonte Honda. But I had a lot less response to an actual inquiry with Serramonte. They sent an initial bit of info, but did not follow up with my actual request!!!

Quick Reply: Below invoice?