2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

pics of rear bumper aplique on TF

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 03:31 PM
That Zeta cover looks like it doesn't cover much. And Stainless steel? Talk about asking for scratches that won't come out. Not to mention color clash on darker paint colors.

*shrug*

I don't mind the tape, myself. Sure, it's not cheap but on the other hand, it's not cheap
It's cut to fit perfectly, it's a quality adhesive and quality material that will last the life of the car.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, that's my only gripe, is that the zeta one doesn't seem to cover a whole lot. I wished it would go right up to the back of the hatch, and hang a little more on the bumper.

Not sure about scratches, I never used one. Hopefully its more durable.

As for the color, I've been thinking of doing a little SS/chrome color highlights, on my Crystal Black when I get it. Kinda going for that luxury benz type look. (chrome/ss for the door handle protectors, hatch trim, side molding, and maybe the front grill) I'm hoping it looks the way I want it, but worse case scenario I can always take that stuff off and go the black-out route (tails, side trim, OEM applique, etc), and also debadge.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by FitStir
Yeah, that's my only gripe, is that the zeta one doesn't seem to cover a whole lot. I wished it would go right up to the back of the hatch, and hang a little more on the bumper.

Not sure about scratches, I never used one. Hopefully its more durable.

As for the color, I've been thinking of doing a little SS/chrome color highlights, on my Crystal Black when I get it. Kinda going for that luxury benz type look. (chrome/ss for the door handle protectors, hatch trim, side molding, and maybe the front grill) I'm hoping it looks the way I want it, but worse case scenario I can always take that stuff off and go the black-out route (tails, side trim, OEM applique, etc), and also debadge.
No one has seen the '09 Zeta protector. How do you know how much it will cover? Don't base your opinion on the '07-08 version- it won't be the same thing.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by manxman
No one has seen the '09 Zeta protector. How do you know how much it will cover? Don't base your opinion on the '07-08 version- it won't be the same thing.
You are right I am basing my opinion on the 07-08 cover. If the 09's are anything like it then that would be my only gripe, not enough coverage area.

Hopefully Angello will make necessary improvements on the 09's. In no way am I bashing zetaproducts, I'm actually recommending them (just noting some observations), some of their products are already on my list. Just hoping they improve on this product.

Did you have the 07-08 one on your car?
Does it scratch easily as mentioned above?

Thanks.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by FitStir
You are right I am basing my opinion on the 07-08 cover. If the 09's are anything like it then that would be my only gripe, not enough coverage area.

Hopefully Angello will make necessary improvements on the 09's. In no way am I bashing zetaproducts, I'm actually recommending them (just noting some observations), some of their products are already on my list. Just hoping they improve on this product.

Did you have the 07-08 one on your car?
Does it scratch easily as mentioned above?

Thanks.
Hi-
Yes, I had the '07 Zeta trim on my car, and no, I never got any scratches. Keep in mind that these things are very thin, so something like a staple on the bottom of a heavy box that is slid across any metal trim piece is likely to scratch or dent the trim. But see, I cheat! I also use a "Bumper Bib" padded vinyl blanket that stays folded up and Vecro'ed to the plastic trim inside the bottom of the hatch. when loading 100+ lb. dogs or heavy cargo, I unfold the Bumper Bit and hang it over the bumper. It also keeps my pants from getting wet against the bumper when loading stuff in rainy weather.

Also, I told Angelo that the early bumper protector was too narrow, and I attached it to the bumper over the over-priced Honda tape. I am hoping that the new protector will be wide enough to cover everything from the hatch backwards over the slanted rear edge. If not, I will pass. I look at all of the adhesive-mounted bumper protectors as a decoration as well as functional piece.

My alternative to all of the protectors already discussed is a universal, ridged, black rubber bumper protector that is made by the makers of the Pro-Fit Splash Guards. IIRC, it is around $30.00, 2 1/2" wide, 27" long, and cut in a slight arc to fit the curvature of the rear bumper.

I will wait for Zeta Products to show photos of their SS protector, and if I don't like it, will buy the one from Pro-Fit.

Last edited by manxman; 12-04-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty happy with my bootlip protector. The best part is that it is not permanent. It also folds into the cargo area and has non-slick rubber on it, to keep groceries from sliding around :P

http://collegehillshonda.com/storear..._protector.jpg

Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned
FitStir-
I just received a PM from Angelo at Zeta Products. His regular factory won't be making bumper strips for the '09 Fits. Something about the narrow width prevents them from wanting to do it. Angelo has another possible source, but it doesn't look promising that a good SS bumper protector will be available any time soon from Zeta.

So, impatient as I am, I bought this one------ just ordered it today. For $17.95, I thought that it was worth a try. Will post a photo when I get it on the car.

Powerflow Bumper Protector from BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com - Lowest Price Guarantee

Old 12-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SomberResplendence
I'm pretty happy with my bootlip protector. The best part is that it is not permanent. It also folds into the cargo area and has non-slick rubber on it, to keep groceries from sliding around :P

http://collegehillshonda.com/storear..._protector.jpg
The Bumper Bib is pretty much the same thing for less cost, and both yours and mine kind of make the tape strips on the bumper unnecessary. I tend to over protect the weak paint on the plastic bumper.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by manxman
FitStir-
I just received a PM from Angelo at Zeta Products. His regular factory won't be making bumper strips for the '09 Fits. Something about the narrow width prevents them from wanting to do it. Angelo has another possible source, but it doesn't look promising that a good SS bumper protector will be available any time soon from Zeta.

So, impatient as I am, I bought this one------ just ordered it today. For $17.95, I thought that it was worth a try. Will post a photo when I get it on the car.

Powerflow Bumper Protector from BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com - Lowest Price Guarantee
Thanks for the update.

As it is, my Fit won't be arriving until January 09, hopefully by then zeta will have something out, as I was really looking to do the chrome/SS highlights on my CBP Fit.

Might have to look in to the bumper bib also, because I'm definitely getting the cargo mat which covers the rear seatbacks, and cargo floor, so the bib would extend that protection to the bumper.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by animes2k

*shrug*

I don't mind the tape, myself. Sure, it's not cheap but on the other hand, it's not cheap
It's cut to fit perfectly, it's a quality adhesive and quality material that will last the life of the car.

Well said. I went with the Honda part because I thought it'd be higher quality. I'd rather pay $40+ for something that fits the car perfectly. To me, it's not worth saving 10 or 20 bucks and worry about the fit, last, etc. My 2 cents...

SeattleRain—The adhesive did stay on even though I applied it when the temp was lower than what the directions recommended. It also rain/misted early the next morning and it didn't seem to effect anything.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not sure which option to go with but I do know that I would only put the bumper cover from Honda "if" or "after" I scratch my bumper. It will cover up the damage (should it occur) and I won't hurt the looks unnecessarily.

However, if I wait too long, it may not be available anymore.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
will the rear bumper applique fit my 09 jazz base model? some say we dont have the same rear bumpers as the 09 USDM fit. im going there in spring and i wanna get some accessories for my jazz back here (cheaper in US, believe you me)