2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Windows Fogging Up Quite Badly in 09 Sport - Have to blast AC

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Virtual
The problem that I have noticed is that if you want the AC compressor to stay off then you can't have any airflow to the front windshield. It fogs up right away without airflow.

I want to find a way to keep the air selector to the heat/defrost mode without the compressor coming on.
I have made this mod in several of my vehicles. I haven't investigated into this, but I would want a clean installation. Possible use one of the unused switch blanks to install a switch to override the compressor.

I have a fogging problem sometimes. I don't like to use the AC unless it's absolute necessary - Save on the gas.

I keep a large bucket of Damp Rid in each vehicle. It helps keep the car dry.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Oh, they make glass cleaner? I use their paste on my car so will have to try to find the glass cleaner. Thanks! + rep sent your way. Lots of good advice here....

Originally Posted by AZEqualizer
I use Meguiar's NXT Glass Cleaner and a microfiber cloth on my tint (as well as any other glass on my car) It was recommended to me by several tint companies.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Dang. Super humid today (major storm front coming in) BUT also super mild. Only 0 Celcius here today which is extremely mild. Deep freeze hits tomorrow and Friday so maybe then I can provide some input. Did start the car with my remote this AM, no fog (but wasn't cold enough for it to freeze on inside of my windows which is my concern)...

Originally Posted by cruzitude
If you leave recirculate ON overnight while the car sits, you may need to turn it back to fresh (OFF) before warming up the car. But if no one is in the car while its warming up, then you might be OK with recirculate ON until the humanoids enter. Try it both ways and report back, we're counting on a quality experiment from you (oh yeah, 1 rep back at ya!)

Old 12-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Update. Deep freeze hit here in Sudbury today. Currently at -11 Celcius but left home around -20. I followed cruzitude's advice and set my fan to 4, heat to MAX, setting to windshield only then used my remote starter to start the car about 5 mins before I left. NO fog/frost! Well ok, the side windows on my side (driving solo) fogged up and the rear one took 30 mins to totally clear, but my front windshield was TOTALLY clear! WOOHOO! Thanks for the advice. I'd send a bunch of + Rep to you but apparently I need to "spread it around"...

Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

^^^ Good feedback.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 PM
One more thing and yes, I am going to run a search here to find some previously posted input. If I do set my setting to windshield and fan to 4, I realize that the compressor will go off. Is this in any way detrimental to my engine if I use my remote starter and let it run for 5 minutes? Worked like a charm this morning. Without me in the car, the initial cold air wasn't a detriment but the removal of moisture made all the difference by preventing frosting on the inside of my windows....