2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Pictures of Pufferfit decals on '09 Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Pictures of Pufferfit decals on '09 Fit Sport

I just received my first order of Pufferfit decals from CrystalFiveMT. I got the static variety that I can remove and move around multiple times.

Anyhow, you may notice that this does NOT have the white background. Well, I decided I wanted a cleaner look so cut out the Pufferfit. Tragedy is that I lost my larger one (5.5" size) since I stupidly stuck it to waxed paper to do the cutting out and now it cannot be removed! At least the mini one is intact but do realize that these come with a white background, as per the 1 and only picture of the regular size decal (pre my ingenious idea to stick it on waxed paper)....

5.5" static decal (pre disaster):

Pictures of 2.5" static decal (cut out by me) - trial in different areas:

2.5" static decal finds it's final spot:

CrystalFiveMT photoshopped what a silver cut decal (i.e. outline only) would look like on my car so here you go (in this case, mouth and grille area have solid coloring):

Another option is to have this JUST be all lines, with no solid colored mouth and grill area, as shown here:

Here's what the cut decal would look like on my car, in orange or blue:

Old 12-01-2008, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
silver outline by far looks the best (imo).

Good stuff! Though I don't think i'd be putting one of those on my own car. Trying to keep it as clean as possible

Old 12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I ordered the silver "line only" outline. I just think it blends in with the rest of the chrome on the back of my car without being TOO obvious. I also didn't want anything to detract from the overall look of the car but just add a bit of uniqueness. Did you notice my 1st generation emblem with blue dot? I'm sure that will confuse the heck out of some people...

Originally Posted by M4psycho
silver outline by far looks the best (imo).

Good stuff! Though I don't think i'd be putting one of those on my own car. Trying to keep it as clean as possible

Old 12-01-2008, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
haha you and your blue dot =p. Though the only people you'll probably confuse are Fit owners who know about the changes with the 09 model. Everyone else will be staring at the pufferfit decal instead!

Old 12-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah, that blue dot rules! So glad I got it and that my dealership could install it for me, free of charge. Would have been tragic waiting until warmer temps in the Spring.

You're right, I imagine that the Pufferfit will attract more attention from people wondering "what the heck IS that?" Think I'll move my mini colored one to my gas door. "Steal my gas again and I'll Pufferfit you, you criminals"...is my thinking. Only thing they'll probably steal (since I have a locking gas cap) is my decal, with my luck!

haha you and your blue dot =p. Though the only people you'll probably confuse are Fit owners who know about the changes with the 09 model. Everyone else will be staring at the pufferfit decal instead!

Old 12-01-2008, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Yeah, that blue dot rules! So glad I got it and that my dealership could install it for me, free of charge. Would have been tragic waiting until warmer temps in the Spring.

You're right, I imagine that the Pufferfit will attract more attention from people wondering "what the heck IS that?" Think I'll move my mini colored one to my gas door. "Steal my gas again and I'll Pufferfit you, you criminals"...is my thinking. Only thing they'll probably steal (since I have a locking gas cap) is my decal, with my luck!

ahahah that'd be hilarious if someone stole your decal....and sad...but moreso funny ;p

Old 12-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah, hilarious but something I can easily see happening! I did get extras of the mini ones, "just in case".

ahahah that'd be hilarious if someone stole your decal....and sad...but moreso funny ;p

Old 12-01-2008, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
The only reason someone would steal your sticker is vandalism. (unless we're talking about the static stickers) Because you won't be able to remove the sticker without damaging it.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
i like the orange outline one the best!

Old 12-01-2008, 10:47 PM
CBX
Check the "White Balance" setting on your camera, as the background in your pictures is completely white!

I am not so sure the sticker would suit me, but I did go with your locking gas cap idea. Thanks!

Old 12-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I'm so gullible that I looked! Tons of snow up here in Sudbury (another 20 cm expected tomorrow). Alot of people mentioned that if thieves want your gas, they can still find a way to get around the locking gas cap. My concern was more with punk kids putting stuff INTO my tank, in which case I doubt they'd go to the trouble to pry off my locking gas cap. So far, so good with the cap and wearing mitts hasn't impeded my ability to remove/replace it...

Hmm...have you seen the silver outline only? Ooohhh...ahhh.....

Originally Posted by CBX
Check the "White Balance" setting on your camera, as the background in your pictures is completely white!

I am not so sure the sticker would suit me, but I did go with your locking gas cap idea. Thanks!

Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Well to each's own! My silver outline Pufferfit is hopefully in production by now...

Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
i like the orange outline one the best!

Old 12-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Cool Just got my Pufferfit decal from Crystal 5 MT

Looks great in the back window of my ORM .
I got the Cut out one color orange , so it looks like one of the photoshopped versions of Fit Canada Girls .
Only mine is on the drivers side .Lovin' my Fit !
Later , Tigerman