2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Buying a 2009 Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Talking Buying a 2009 Fit!

hey everyone! i think this is the first time i've posted, and I thought I'd write because on Tuesday (Dec 2), i'm going to the dealer in gurnee, illinois to order my honda fit in taffeta white
This will be my first new car (i've had a 1992 toyota sr5, and TWO 1992 acura integras)
soo, being a first time car buyer, i was wondering if anyone had any useful advice that i can use to maybe get a better deal or even just in general...
but yea, i'm really really excited! i think i'll be the first in my area with an 09 Fit
thanks!
-kt

Old 11-30-2008, 04:43 PM
At the least, you should be able to get MSRP. Are you getting a MT or AT? MT in TW is particularly hard to find (it took me a while to find one...) MT in TW with NAVI is even harder to find.

Before making the trip to a specific dealer, I would call around all the dealers within reasonable driving distance. See who'll give you the best deal. There are still a lot of dealers adding a significant mark up on their Fits. Let them know you're not willing to pay any of their markups. Don't mention anything about financing vs paying in cash, trade-ins, or anything along those lines. If they ask, tell them you're not sure.

Again, don't settle for anything above MSRP. There are several on this forum who have gotten a couple hundred below MSRP. On the other hand, you have to realize that invoice is only about $500 or so belove MSRP (I don't have the specific numbers off the top of my head).

Old 11-30-2008, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Most dealers will add options to the car before it even gets on the lot...like locking lug nuts or a cargo tray or window tint...there will likely be a second sticker on the window with these add ons...

Do yourself a favor and go to Genuine Honda Accessories at Discount Prices - Honda Product Information, Videos and News and price the Fit accessories to see what the dealer really pays for them. Then tell him you won't pay $199 for locking lug nuts when you can buy them online from College Hills Honda for $35.

I did this and $2200 worth of add ons were reduced to about $600 in about five minutes.

If the one you want is not on the lot, be prepared to wait. Manual transmissions with NAVI are scarce.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Cool

i want the manual without navi (i already have a gps)...i've been told from a couple different dealers that i'll have to order it, and it'd be 3-5 weeks...which gives me time to sell my integra....
do you think dealers would price match accessories that are cheaper online?
cause that would be awesome!
i was planning on getting the floor mats and the door visors to start (online of course...much cheaper)

Old 11-30-2008, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Hey,
I live very close to you (3 blocks S. of WI and a mile and a half from Lake Mich.) and have purchased 3 Honda's from Rosen in Gurnee. I like my sales guy Roger Rinaldi, and the part owner Bob Logan

But man....I got soooooooo pissed at them when buying my 09

VVVV Click on the thread below for the full story VVVVVVVV

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...even-08-a.html

They sell Fits at list, which is OK, they add nothing on unless you want it. A pretty and built Nicole tries to sell you over priced rust proofing and fabric protection of course say no while you are staring at her firm ripe(OK I'll stop here in respect for the fine ladies on this site), just kidding!.............................all good so far right?

But they are bad guys if you trade in.....they will steal it from you.
If you are not trading in, then they are OK. Brilliance in Crystal Lake and Honda of Lisle are way way way better in what they will give you for a trade in!!!!!!!!

Only other problem with Rosen is that they are a relatively new Honda dealer and they dont get in the amount of fits other dealers do. PM me for my phone number (if I can help) as I spent 24/7 this last week and know to some extent who has what car. True Taffeta white and Tidewater Blue Manuals are a little tough to get, but you can get most everything else in a couple of weeks I'd bet and prolly a month to locate a TW

Last edited by Tork; 12-01-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
Oh sorry to double post
Rosen typically refuses to discount accessories.
I get all mine from College Hills Honda in Ohio, they give a great discount on everything. Yeah you pay shipping but then you also save the (high) 7% sales tax.
Almost got Rosen to discount 10% only for the day I bought my 07, but hell, College Hills discounts about 25% all the time so didnt waste my time.

Last edited by Tork; 12-01-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Another good place for accessories is handaaccessories.com