2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

3-4 month wait for my Fit, what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
3-4 month wait for my Fit, what should I do?

So I put the $$$$ down on my Fit the last week of September, they told me even if they had to order it it would be a 6-8 week wait , but they would try to locate one at a different dealer, that they could swap.

So I called them back ~3-4 weeks later to check on the status, they said they cant find one and they have to order it. Called a week after that and I was told they ordered it and it will be in around December - January. Now i'm being told it definitely wont be in by December, and were "hoping" it will be in by January.

I just hope I don't call in a few weeks and they tell me March!

Since it's a CBP Navi w/MT, I'm guessing I'm SOL, and just have to be patient and wait?

Old 11-26-2008, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
Have you checked with other dealers? Though chances are they're not sh*tting you because they'd be losing a sale.....
Just be patient

Old 11-26-2008, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Patience is a virtue...

Old 11-26-2008, 04:53 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
just wait.
also sounds like a nice X-mas present now

Old 11-26-2008, 04:59 PM
I would check around with other dealers in the mean time. It doesn't take much effort to call around. Your dealership probably only trades with certain dealers. Also remember that the money down is always refundable if you find one somewhere else.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
They should have ordered the car in the first place if they couldn't get your specific model. I would just wait it out because January is around the corner.

Mine isn't coming until mid December or second week of January with a build date of 11/28.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:44 AM
The MT Navis are very hard to come by. I'd still call any dealer within reasonable driving distance. Who knows, you might get a better deal in the process. If anything, if you let your dealer know that they might lose your business, it'll put a lot of pressure on them to try to find one as soon as possible. In general, Fits are a lot more available now then they were just a month ago.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Wait for it bro...

Old 11-27-2008, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by FitStir
So I put the $$$$ down on my Fit the last week of September, they told me even if they had to order it it would be a 6-8 week wait , but they would try to locate one at a different dealer, that they could swap.

So I called them back ~3-4 weeks later to check on the status, they said they cant find one and they have to order it. Called a week after that and I was told they ordered it and it will be in around December - January. Now i'm being told it definitely wont be in by December, and were "hoping" it will be in by January.

I just hope I don't call in a few weeks and they tell me March!

Since it's a CBP Navi w/MT, I'm guessing I'm SOL, and just have to be patient and wait?
I waited about 6 weeks for my Blue Sensation MT with Nav. and considered myself lucky. Also, don't expect them to cut you a great deal. You've got no leverage since they know nobody else has the car you want.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:49 AM
I ordered my MT w/Navi (orange) in September as well. Mine will be built tomorow (11/28) and I will get it probably the end of December or beginning of January.

I posted a thread a couple weeks back about it and someone else with a MT/navi also had the same build date as me.

Just wait it out. I doubt you will find the same combo anywhere on a lot. Plus, it's like having a new baby...you get a birth date and everything!

Old 11-27-2008, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
what you should do is.....

start buying parts now~!!!!!!!!! lol

Old 11-27-2008, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, I guess I should count myself lucky. My dealer found my Milano Red 5MT/NAV within 24 hours at a dealer that was 50 miles away.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:11 PM
As a starting point, check autotrader.com
All the dealers don't use it and the inventory isn't always up-to-date but it's easier than calling up a bunch of sleazy salesmen.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
You've all been + repped, thanks all.

Originally Posted by M4psycho
Have you checked with other dealers? Though chances are they're not sh*tting you because they'd be losing a sale.....
Just be patient
I've checked availability, and no one has it, plus almost all the dealers around me are too shady.. This one is atleast upfront with you. (they just underestimated the time it would take to arrive.

Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
Patience is a virtue...
Yeah I'm learning that.

Originally Posted by niko3257
just wait.
also sounds like a nice X-mas present now
More like a MLK, or Presidents day gift... I just hope its not a Memorial day present.. I cant rep you again for a while, but I will.

Originally Posted by Neebs
They should have ordered the car in the first place if they couldn't get your specific model. I would just wait it out because January is around the corner.

Mine isn't coming until mid December or second week of January with a build date of 11/28.
Yeah I agree, they should have ordered it the day I put the $$$$ down, I tried to get them to do that but they were insistent on trying to locate one first. That delayed the process atleast a month. Atleast you got a build date...

Originally Posted by DrPhyzx
I waited about 6 weeks for my Blue Sensation MT with Nav. and considered myself lucky. Also, don't expect them to cut you a great deal. You've got no leverage since they know nobody else has the car you want.
6 weeks isn't that bad, I wish my wait was that short.

Originally Posted by pizzicato
The MT Navis are very hard to come by. I'd still call any dealer within reasonable driving distance. Who knows, you might get a better deal in the process.
Yeah that's the problem, MT Navi.... They can't even locate any MT's in the color I want. Plus I got a really good deal from them, so it'll be hard for other dealers to beat it.

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Wait for it bro...
Yeah, this way I can save more for mods! Thanks for the positive encouragement.

Originally Posted by krismark
I ordered my MT w/Navi (orange) in September as well. Mine will be built tomorow (11/28) and I will get it probably the end of December or beginning of January.

I posted a thread a couple weeks back about it and someone else with a MT/navi also had the same build date as me.

Just wait it out. I doubt you will find the same combo anywhere on a lot. Plus, it's like having a new baby...you get a birth date and everything!
I'm hoping mine will be on that 11/28 build date too, this way it arrived mid January the latests. I saw that thread too.
I like that, "like having a new baby" that's a positive way to look at it.

Originally Posted by chickz_magnet
what you should do is.....

start buying parts now~!!!!!!!!! lol
DEFINITELY!!!!

Originally Posted by Speedee 09 Fit
Wow, I guess I should count myself lucky. My dealer found my Milano Red 5MT/NAV within 24 hours at a dealer that was 50 miles away.
Yeah definitely lucky, waiting so long I think I'd almost take any color now.... But, I was quite set on the color, and model.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:40 AM
what i would do is go down to the dealer and beg for my money back. i saw one on the road for the first time this week and i can honestly say that its one of the ugliest looking sport compact cars that is currently being sold in the us. i would chose any car that scion is currently selling or even a used 1st gen before i would drive around in that bastard child of a minivan.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:48 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
More like a MLK, or Presidents day gift... I just hope its not a Memorial day present.. I cant rep you again for a while, but I will.

you know I was talking about 2010 X-Mas right.
lol good one. some rep for you for wait so long

Old 11-28-2008, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
you know I was talking about 2010 X-Mas right.
lol good one. some rep for you for wait so long
Ahahaha.. yeah by 2010 it should be here.... hmmm, now that I think about it I should just change my order to next years Fit (2010), might have some extra goodies on it, or (dare to dream) a SUNROOF, and leather interior!

Well, the way I see it is I almost bought the GD3 in May of 06 (when I signed up to FF.net), and due to delays, and pricing the deal never was finalized. So I've been waiting over 2 years now for my Fit, I guess 2 additional months wont kill me.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
It should be built today (11/28) if they said that its coming in mid-December - January. Possibly sooner if they work over the holidays.

I'm guessing that they didn't give you a build date because there wasn't one yet when you ordered.

Last edited by Neebs; 11-28-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
just my humble $.02.......
I'd email about 10 dealers, I did and found my car in 2 days picked it up in another 2 days.....this is after my regular dealer who I bought 3 cars from jacked me around on my ordered car and dropped my trade in $1500 from what they appraised it at 2 days earlier.
Screw that, I'd bet you could find an automatic real quick, a manual maybe a week or 2.
Again, just my humble $.02

Old 12-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by Tork
just my humble $.02.......
Screw that, I'd bet you could find an automatic real quick, a manual maybe a week or 2.
Not for a manual w/ Nav. There were only two in Northern California in two months.

Quick Reply: 3-4 month wait for my Fit, what should I do?