2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Badgeless Trunk Handle/Garnish Group Buy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Banned
Im just dropping you guys some pictures of more garnishes. This week I plan to send out a few starting with vtec. I wanted to last week but didn't get around to it. And hopefully fitcapo can make it down to pick up his garnishes. 2 other guys ordered which I will be getting around to their orders this week and Im still waiting on the 09 panel vtec but im not getting any replies :-/

All is going pretty well though

Name:  IMG_0470.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0471.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  33.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0463.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  25.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0462.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0461.jpg
Size:  37.4 KB

Old 01-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned
Bump, new price is $69.99!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by joemama4646
I thought it was interesting and I thought I should share...

Aroddalobster posted on the thread regarding the same item for GD's:

so ikona, ya gona do the same thing you did to many many scionlifers?
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/view...057&highlight=
as a little summary of what he did, he took money from numerous customers' money and never followed through, i.e. delivering the product or refunding the money.
on the products that he actually did, they came out like crap, and i'm confident i could have even done a better job with rattle cans. no, i never did any business with this guy but i'm glad i never did.

I was interested in one as well, but after reading that thread from the scion forum, I think I'm gonna pass. Just thought that other buyers should beware...The Mod from that forum said that he was no longer a sponsored seller on that forum:
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/view...sc&&start=1720
Did no one else see this post?
I'm also wondering about this.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
we saw it, but since he has pictures of the garnishes, what reason would he have to take our money and not send them out? What would be the point of that? Besides, did YOU not see that fitcapo (a fitfreak.net moderator) actually paid him a personal VISIT to check out his operation, and found it to be legit?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
Did no one else see this post?
I'm also wondering about this.
i think people saw it, we're just already aware of all that's happened and have moved past it.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
we saw it, but since he has pictures of the garnishes, what reason would he have to take our money and not send them out? What would be the point of that? Besides, did YOU not see that fitcapo (a fitfreak.net moderator) actually paid him a personal VISIT to check out his operation, and found it to be legit?
More money? I dunno, I don't know why he didn't send out the Scion ones. I'm relatively new, so I'm not aware of who mods are. Besides, he might be okay now and turn sour later like with the Scions. Also, I'm not trying to bash or anything, I am actually interested in the garnishes, but just wanted to make sure all was on the up and up before actually sending any money his way.
Originally Posted by Interstate526
i think people saw it, we're just already aware of all that's happened and have moved past it.
Werd. Like above, not hating, just wanted to see if everything was on the up and up before sending money.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 PM
well I'll order mine Friday and when it comes I'll take all kinds of pics to show proof in pudding. Then everyone can stop being scared. I'm the last one that should risk almost $100 considering I'm poor and owe a lot of money on the car still. But I'm crazy sometimes lol risk makes life worth living!

Old 01-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned
The adjustable bolts didnt work as I expected them to, they would work but there wuld need to be a stopper under the garnish that would keep it from shifting but thats no good because thats just adding extra hardware that shouldnt need to be there.

Im working on a few other ideas and worst comes to worse this will have to be attatched another way than how the OEM one is attached. The problem isnt that the garnish doesnt fit because every one Ive made so far fits perfeclty. The issue is if the bolts are off by 1mm the garnish wont sit perfectly flush and I dont want to give something out that would remind you guys of ebay body kits. Because we all know ebay body kits never fit well and I don't want that to be thought of when you guys get the garnish.

Dont worry guys Next week I'm going to have something done if I have to sit test, undo and redo the ideas all day and night. I need this as much as you guys do.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Banned
Bump. Just letting you guys know Ill have all the provlems fixed in a few days. I have a fit set up to spend a night or 2 here which gives me enough time to make molds and special objects that will be able to cradle each garnish I make with drop tubes I guess you can call it, where it will let the stud go only in one place and nowhere else which will guarantee fitmet. The guys at the shop say Im going way out of my way to do this and now Im getting crazy with the steps Ive taken to actually get this done. But I say its all worth it and Im hoping once you guys see the finished panels on a few local fits then more people will gain interest Then we can go on to...

CARBON FIBER!!!! RAAAHHH!

Old 01-21-2009, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  IMG_0471.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  33.3 KB

I like the blue Ikea cup!

Old 01-22-2009, 02:28 AM
Banned
3 for $1

Old 01-22-2009, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by iKONA636
3 for $1
I know. I have stacks of them. No other color than blue!

Old 01-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Banned
I just wanted to let you guys know that this week Ill be borrowing a fit for 2 days so that I can test fit and make the templates for the bolt placements

Pics coming soon!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Banned
Allright buddios. Well borrowing the fit didn't work as planned because of some complications but I'm done trying to borrow things and everything so Im pleased to announce that tomorrow I am picking up a fit hatch from a parts dealer I frequent and I will be keeping that hatch. So every garnish will be test fitted in an actual fit hatch.

Pics tomorrow! For the few of you who have been waiting for garnishes I apologize for the wait. I will be sending garnishes out with in the next few days. And to the many of you who are waiting for a finished product to see weather to buy or not. You will see! Revised Prices below...

Raw garnish (trimmed and fitted) $69.99
Finished garnish (Trimmed, fitted, primed, sealed, painted, cleared) $109.99

And for those who asked about a gold plated garnish $5,499.99 (just kidding )

Old 01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Banned
So you guys know Ive tried many ways to attach the garnish to the hatch and when I said its going to work, it didn't work as well as we all wanted it to. So then whats the best way to fit the garnish on with perfect fitment? To have the actual hatch to test fit it on before attaching the bolts. So that's what I did! After spending hrs looking for one to salvage off of a totaled fit I got lucky and found one.

Im surprised it was in near perfect condition So after I got it I immediatley took it to the shop and stripped everything accept for the glass and a few small parts that wouldnt be in the way.

Name:  P1303081.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  53.1 KB

Then after a few min of placing it where I need it and geting the studs aligned the right way I secured the studs to the garnish, bolted them down, and came with the end results! Pictures below will show a perfect fitted garnish that had a super easy install.

Like I said the price is $69.99 and I guarantee easy install and fitment. They are now 100% ready to order, I started reproducing them again since the picture shows perfect fitment from front and back. And not only that, the 2 - 3 guys who ordered before will be getting tracking numbers with in the next week Sorry for having you guys wait so long but I wanted this to be perfect. You can see a few other companies already beat me to it but because they rushed it, they lack the quality I offer, and have even lost studs since they dont fit as well as mine. Why buy theirs and lose 2 out of the 6 studs trying to force it in when you can buy one from me that has allready been test fitted and assured fitment

Also since their somewhat long bolts, I include thread covers so that they protect the tips of the studs, and keep your hands from getting stabbed if you accdentally slip. A feature that isnt really important at all, but its one more feature thats nice to have just incase.

Name:  P1313128.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  17.0 KB

Name:  P1313125.jpg
Size:  29.5 KB

Name:  P1313123.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  27.5 KB

Name:  P1313132.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  P1313134.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  30.4 KB

Old 01-31-2009, 04:24 PM
dude send me an order, unpainted badgeless/wiperless, I'm 100% ready now. You have been nothing but motivated and determined since the haters came down hard on you, and I'm happy to see you rising to the occasion. Looks good bro, real good. Hook me up and I'll hook you up

Old 01-31-2009, 04:32 PM
How do we order? wish it didn't have the wiper delete cap and just smooth throughout.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Banned
Both of you have PM

Old 01-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Good news I will be picking up my garnish on Monday and hopefully it will be warm enough and it won't be too late so I can take pics.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Banned
See ya monday Bump!

Quick Reply: Badgeless Trunk Handle/Garnish Group Buy!