2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

prm intake- just got one

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 12:33 AM
prm intake- just got one

just bought my prm cai (cold air intake). bought it on the prm group buy. it'll arrive in 3 weeks or so. can't wait for this.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:34 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
post pics once installed. great product.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Just wondering something, not trying to start an arguement or anything but is it really worth it to mod the motor for the fit since what can n/a mods possibly gain for this car and is the slim hp gain worth the money. Asking this since my other car I modded with N/a parts was pointless and I had to learn it the hardway. haha

Old 11-25-2008, 12:50 AM
09 fit auto. yea i'll post once i install.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by IS300na-t
Just wondering something, not trying to start an arguement or anything but is it really worth it to mod the motor for the fit since what can n/a mods possibly gain for this car and is the slim hp gain worth the money. Asking this since my other car I modded with N/a parts was pointless and I had to learn it the hardway. haha
Faster throttle response is very apparent with most after-market intakes that produce 5 hp or more, some exhausts give power that can be felt, and the Blitz Throttle Controller provides throttle response 4 times faster than stock. If you have the budget and pick the right parts, it can be a lot of fun helping the Fit to reach its potential that you can't feel in all-stock form. Handling on GD's can get to be phenominal with the Progress RSB and/or coilover suspension. It is "worth it" for a lot of us, but maybe not for you.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I completely agree with you man. To me it isnt worth it. But some people just do it for the fun of modifying the car. Or maybe sound or what not. I do plan on getting a supercharger though since its a gain that CAN be felt and still maintains the fuel economy. Anything under 15whp or so cant be felt.

As for that throttle controller, I think its a complete waste of money. All it does is multiply the amount of throttle. It does nothing more than you pushing the throttle more than normal. Thats what the 'Sport' button in the E46 M3 does.

I also learned the hard way about NA mods on a small engine. I spent about $2,000 on an I/H/E on my S2000 and gained about 15whp. The car was loud as hell and wasnt any faster.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
just for the sake of doing it.
seriously, i'll be buying an intake for the sound.
if i wanted to go fast, i wouldn't even be interested in a 109 hp beast like the fit

Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I completely agree with you man. To me it isnt worth it. But some people just do it for the fun of modifying the car. Or maybe sound or what not. I do plan on getting a supercharger though since its a gain that CAN be felt and still maintains the fuel economy. Anything under 15whp or so cant be felt.

As for that throttle controller, I think its a complete waste of money. All it does is multiply the amount of throttle. It does nothing more than you pushing the throttle more than normal. Thats what the 'Sport' button in the E46 M3 does.

I also learned the hard way about NA mods on a small engine. I spent about $2,000 on an I/H/E on my S2000 and gained about 15whp. The car was loud as hell and wasnt any faster.
DAMN!! I spent $1700 on cam, valve springs, pushrods, oil pump, timing chain, and some other misc. parts for the install for my Trans Am and gained 60+rwhp! That's a lot of money for only 15hp!

Last edited by dirtybird222; 11-25-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah I don't feel SHIT with an intake and exhaust, and I still plan to get a $300 header soon. I do it because it's fun to have shit most people with Fits don't bother with. Plus, I love the sound, even if I'm going nowhere very slowly. Doesn't matter to me, but jerkoffs behind me think that I'm a poser because I have a semi-loud exhaust and then they change lanes when they're on my ass and blow by me and give me dirty looks. Makes me wish I sometimes didn't get the exhaust, because people are assholes.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
Yeah I don't feel SHIT with an intake and exhaust, and I still plan to get a $300 header soon. I do it because it's fun to have shit most people with Fits don't bother with. Plus, I love the sound, even if I'm going nowhere very slowly. Doesn't matter to me, but jerkoffs behind me think that I'm a poser because I have a semi-loud exhaust and then they change lanes when they're on my ass and blow by me and give me dirty looks. Makes me wish I sometimes didn't get the exhaust, because people are assholes.
haha I had the same problem with my IS300. Main thing is you cant let the decibels on the exhaust be higher than your cars hp.lol

Old 11-25-2008, 11:43 PM
PRM
super cool

great discussion guys- we just got back from the dyno- made almost 6whp & sounds awesome. what you have to understand here is that our
filters are like no other, first & foremost we make power-sound great- look good & safe to run in the rain-so its all GOOD !! you could say our filters make you feel good!! & who doesn't like to feel good -sorry feeling a little bit querky after tonights dyno session.FEELING GOOD!!!

gerry

Last edited by PRM; 11-26-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Good job on the intake gerry. I love when manufacturers actually take the time to provide dynos and get involved in the boards to find out what the people want. Im sure your intake will be a hot seller.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:47 AM
I love the way it looks under the hood. Glad I went black. I don't really want colors under my hood. I had an orange intake before this, way too flashy. I'm going to paint my engine cover NHBP lol

Old 11-26-2008, 12:03 PM
PRM
Thanks!

Thanks gbmurderer13, i'm trying my best to offer a quality product
& good customer service.i like the Fit, infact i like the whole movement
of this New Small Car low hp thing, it kinda reminds me of back in 1983.

little story:

i'm 44 so back in 83 i traded in my 1977 Camaro for a New 1983 Honda Civic-you could say that was start of it all for me!!
back then gas prices was the determining factor for buying this small
car that i most dearly loved & drove into the ground, you couldn't kill the thing untill they stoped putting lead in the fuel-resaulting in burnt
valves that simply kills the motor. i have the rack & pinion steering ( 8lbs )out of that same car on my race car that i built to its intirety,check out the site under race stuff- you'll see 5 years of my life there- worlds fastest all motor probe. i had to resurrect that honda out of the ground at my fathers farm, drove the tractor forkes into the quarter panel & flipped it on it's side to salvage the steering system.
off topic

anyway over the years this little honda civic got bigger and bigger with every new model year,untill it was no longer this little civic.

& know with the Fit it seems we have went full circle in the last 25 years.
but with four doors-super cool!!

P.S last night we made 8whp on a Mazda 3 next week we will be Dynoing
the Toyato Yaris- i'm trying to give some love to the new small cars,
its the future!!

thanks for your time!!!

gerry

Old 11-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey, 15 HP gain on the Fit is a 13% gain! Of course, if it's all in a 500 rpm band near 6000 rpm, that's not going to help too much.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
haha I had the same problem with my IS300. Main thing is you cant let the decibels on the exhaust be higher than your cars hp.lol
HAHA!