2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda window visors

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
Honda window visors

I need to pick up some floor mats for my new Fit and while I was going through the OEM accessories on handaaccessories.com I came across the window visors. I like em, and for 50$ I think Ill just pic them up....

And then I looked at the install directions... GOOD GRIEF...

Its like 5+ pages of instruction, with clip and pulling what looks like weather seals out and little push pins IN the visor it self more brackets etc.

Anyone have these? Is the install as hard as they make it look?

Also with the pins THROUGH the visor, are the little pins very noticable from the outside or inside?

I just wanted clean looking, well fitting visors... did it NEED to be this complicated?

I searched, but either Im searching the wrong term, or there isn't much info on them.

A few pictures from anyone that has them would be apprciated.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Yeah, those instructions scared me off too. Decided to wait till spring, if ever.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned
I have installed the Mugen visors on my GD3, and the USDM Honda slim visors on my GE8. It isn't as hard as it looks. My two major pieces of advice on the US Slim Visors--------

There are two clips per visor located at the top, and two more- one at each end. The instructions tell you to temporarily attach the visors with only the top clips, and then to attach the end clips into the door edges and fasten with the little pins. DON'T FOLLOW THAT ADVICE. Attach all clips to each visor with the little pin clips right at the start. With the end clips, rotate them to point down. Then attach the visors with the top clips, pull the tape liners off, and stick them down permanently to the door frames. Then, using needle nose pliers, rotate the end clips so that they fasten to the edge of the window frame.

Attach the metal clips with the plastic pins INDOORS on a table. If you drop those little black clips or little black pins on the ground outside, you'll never find them.

This assumes that you have followed ALL of the other instructions. I have no idea why the little strips of spacer material is needed inside the rubber window seals at two places on the rear windows. But the instructions on where and how to attach the strips are easy to follow, so I did it.

Anyway, it is easier than the instructions make it appear to be. Both the Mugen and Honda Slim Visors reduce wind noise, let you vent the fog out of the car by cracking the windows in the rain, and let you leave the windows cracked in the Summer heat without it being noticeable.

I like the Mugen look on the GD's, and the Honda look on the GE's. Don't let some little details drive you away from a good styling and functional mod.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
How do the Mugens attach? And what do they cost?

Im not 100% sure I dig the indent in the Mugen visors.... is there a purpose for that?

Old 11-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Korywithak

Im not 100% sure I dig the indent in the Mugen visors.... is there a purpose for that?
The Mugens attach the same way. The indents are for style, not function. Once you get either visor design on the car, they stay put under normal driving and parking conditions. The only possible danger is that anyone can jerk them off the car if their aim is vandalism. Street parking in bad neighborhoods would make these a likely waste of money.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
i just installed them 2 weeks ago on my car also.
the instructions make it look harder then it is.
it's really a breeze.
they look good and function great.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:01 PM
I just installed mine today. I must agree with the others, its really easy to do. Just follow the instructions and pay close attention to what brackets what and you'll be good. For the price its a good deal compared to auto vent shade products. Better quality overall!

Last edited by hms09fit; 11-23-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned

I forgot your question on the Mugen cost. I bought the set for my GD from King Motorsports about 1 1/2 years ago for about $170.00 and was not disappointed in the cost or quality. That was the average price all over the Internet at that time. I have no idea what the Mugen price is for GE's, but the Honda Slim Visors are much less expensive (less than half) through College Hills Honda, and various eBay vendors.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:06 PM
I love mine too, they were super easy to install just be careful when to pull the double sided tape cover off!

Old 11-24-2008, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Installing these as I type.... have the laptop in the garage with the PDF on the screen...

No idea what the rear foam inserts do either, but its not near as hard as it looks... fronts ON... rears to go.

Then clean up the carpet, and "install" the carpet mats.

My dealer price matched both the visors and floor mats to the cheapest I could find them on the internet AND had them in stock...

Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Banned
Installing these as I type.... have the laptop in the garage with the PDF on the screen...

No idea what the rear foam inserts do either, but its not near as hard as it looks... fronts ON... rears to go.

Then clean up the carpet, and "install" the carpet mats.

My dealer price matched both the visors and floor mats to the cheapest I could find them on the internet AND had them in stock...
Congrats on having a non-greedy local dealer. Enjoy your visors!!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I really can't complain too much about my dealer... good guys.

Window visors on... and mats in. Although it was a slight pain to cut the rubber and carpet (woulda been ALOT better in the daylight) the drivers side mat holders are a NICE design...

She already looks a bit better... windows being tinted on the 13th...

Old 11-24-2008, 09:44 PM
I didn't even use the foam inserts

Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 PM
korywithak, thats funny! I did the same thing with my lap top. I had the pdf up because I ran out of ink in my printer. I live in the northeast and I'm waiting till it gets a little warmer to get some tint as well. congrats on the window visors.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member

As you can see, the black pins are barely visible.

I didn't put all of the foam in the weather stripping. The lower back window molding is a pain to pull out and pretty fragile.
I didn't notice any increase in noise.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:50 AM
What is the purpose of the visors?

Old 11-26-2008, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zakurie
What is the purpose of the visors?
- you can open your windows a little bit while it is raining/snowing, etc which is nice when parking the car on a day that might get rain, if you are a smoker, or if you just need to vent the cabin
- blocks a small amount of sunlight (very nice on my morning drive)
- some find them aesthetically pleasing

Old 11-26-2008, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
does it increase wind noise especially at highway speed?

Old 11-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by panda1314
does it increase wind noise especially at highway speed?
No- they reduce wind noise.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:20 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
for me it even eliminated that thunder noise you get
when you only crack the back windows only. it used to
practically shack the front doors. now nothing.

Quick Reply: Honda window visors