2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Biggest gripes so far...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
One thing that came up today is the fact that the windshield goes so far forward it is almost impossible to clean on the inside on the driver's side

Old 11-16-2008, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mole177
what the heck is it with people griping about "no pause" on the CD player???

Name a stock system in a car that HAS a pause function....

My 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS.

Also has auto-off lights when the ignition is turned off. I love that feature.

Last edited by FyrFytr; 11-16-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by cranky18
One thing that came up today is the fact that the windshield goes so far forward it is almost impossible to clean on the inside on the driver's side

My short arms had a helluva time cleaning the windshield last week as well.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
I'm annoyed by the lack of cupholders.

Actually, I am disappointed that there is only one power outlet.

I also wish that the aux. input for the radio was down near the power outlet on the non-navi models also.

My biggest annoyance though, is the auto. transmissions propensity to downshift when it's not needed. This really affects my mpg. I drive 250 miles roundtrip to work, and 90% of it is highway mileage. There are many slight inclines on my stretch of I-95 that shouldn't require a downshift, yet the computer controlling the transmission feels the need to execute one. What's more annoying, is that there is nothing that I can do about it, even in the 'S' shift mode.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
My biggest gripe...weak brakes. The GDs' were very good. Why did Honda mess it up?

Oh well, this gripe will be gone shortly once I replace the front pads with Hawks.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Well speaking of brakes - rear discs would be nice.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Banned
Plenty of complaints, none serious and most fixed by spending a few hundred $$$. Get out there and look for the part that will make your Fit fit you. Really, Honda could have done it all and charged another $5,000 and everyone is happy? You bought a base car which does the basics really well, so well the Fit has rave reviews and many car awards. Add your bits and the car is golden.

Frankly, you 2009 owners going on about this and that......spend some money. God knows you are saving a ton on fuel.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by cranky18
Check this out. I have it and it works good:

Glass Master Pro Glass and Surface Cleaner

Old 11-16-2008, 11:04 PM
.... why would honda put rear discs in a econbox.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FyrFytr

I'll be damned... stock unit too?

Old 11-16-2008, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
.... why would honda put rear discs in a econbox.
Why put in a Navi then? Brakes save lives, Navi only helps people from getting lost. And the Jazz in UK has rear discs, so they basically have rear discs for the Fit in production today. Instead, we get saddled with the stupid TPMS system... this is what happens when we get the government trying to think for us. The savings eliminating those TPMS sensors would have allowed for rear discs which is a much better option for safety than anti-idiot driver systems.

Its all because Ford built "Exploders" that got us into this TPMS mess... funny how Firestone tires in other SUVs weren't a problem.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 PM
wasn't aware they put rear discs in the jazz. The navi is because it is something easy to sell and make money off of. i agree i could go without tpms.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
what the heck is it with people griping about "no pause" on the CD player???

Name a stock system in a car that HAS a pause function....
What is a cd--?? j/king
who uses cds anymore so 90's

Old 11-16-2008, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
wasn't aware they put rear discs in the jazz. The navi is because it is something easy to sell and make money off of. i agree i could go without tpms.
I might have gone for the navi if it meant rear disc brakes too... you get VSA with navi, but still no rear discs.

A gripe - some of us got Bridgestones and others got Dunlops... I think the Dunlops are probably the better performing tire, I wanted Dunlops, but got Bridgestones.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:35 PM

That's something I miss about the Subaru, too.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by neteng101
Well speaking of brakes - rear discs would be nice.
hopefully this will make you feel better....

from edmunds:

"today's disc/drum setups are completely adequate for the majority of new cars. Remember that both disc and drum brake design has been vastly improved in the last 20 years. In fact, the current rear drum brake systems on today's cars would provide better stopping performance then the front disc setups of the '70s. And today's front disc brakes are truly exceptional in terms of stopping power. Combined with the fact that between 60 and 90 percent of a vehicle's stopping power comes from the front wheels, it's clear that a well-designed, modern drum brake is all that's required for most rear wheel brake duty."

Old 11-17-2008, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spin out
hopefully this will make you feel better....
No - it doesn't. Here's why - our cars have EBD which works the rear brakes a lot harder. Part of what EBD does is to reduce the dive/squat by distributing the brake force between the front and rear brakes... traditionally the front brakes would always stop with greater power thus causing the front dive/squat with hard braking.

So while certainly drums are adequate - discs would given much better overall braking especially given EBD. If you're distributing braking force more evenly now, you're going to get reduced braking performance if one part of the system is a much weaker link. Just look at any review of the Fit and its 60-0 stopping numbers are nothing to shout about at all.

Also drum brakes are a bigger hassle when it comes to changing out pads and inspection for pad wear.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
I'm annoyed by the lack of cupholders.

Actually, I am disappointed that there is only one power outlet.

I also wish that the aux. input for the radio was down near the power outlet on the non-navi models also.

My biggest annoyance though, is the auto. transmissions propensity to downshift when it's not needed. This really affects my mpg. I drive 250 miles roundtrip to work, and 90% of it is highway mileage. There are many slight inclines on my stretch of I-95 that shouldn't require a downshift, yet the computer controlling the transmission feels the need to execute one. What's more annoying, is that there is nothing that I can do about it, even in the 'S' shift mode.
I don't like this either. Usually on the highway, I put it in S mode then hit the upshift paddle to put it in manual 5th gear.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
I'll be damned... stock unit too?

Yup.

No mods made to the lighting system.

There is a rocker switch on top of the steering column that allows the parking lights to be turned on when the ignition is off.

Last edited by FyrFytr; 11-19-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
I don't like this either. Usually on the highway, I put it in S mode then hit the upshift paddle to put it in manual 5th gear.

I do this also.

At 70+ mph, this still doesn't always prevent the tranny from downshifting.

Quick Reply: Biggest gripes so far...