2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Which horn did you install, or want to install?
Accord
61.16%
Bosch
4.13%
Fiamm El Grande
9.92%
Other (please state)
24.79%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Which horn did you install, or want to install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Where did you get an Accord horn for $10. I was going to buy from Bernardi, but can't bring myself to pay nearly as much for shipping as the horn costs!

Old 01-03-2010, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
I'm seriously considering a Wolo, only thing is that I'm a little afraid of relays and fuse replacements and such. I'd really appreciate if someone would walk me through the installation and give pointers and tips. Anyone willing to volunteer? Thanks!

Old 01-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Old 01-05-2010, 10:27 PM
The only thing better than a train horn would be the ripping canvas sound of a Vulcan cannon...be even better if you could arrange to have a muzzle flash...
But, yeah, gotta do something about the horn. Had my college age daughter in the car...she observed the horn was 'pathetic'...
Moon

Old 01-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by whaap
I still have the stock horn. I haven't upgraded it because I don't use a horn. If I find myself in a precarious situation I will use what few fractions of a second I have taking evasive action and not leaning on the horn. I learned a long time ago I wasn't going to teach the world how to drive.

You have been fortunate.
I wish I had a buck for everytime the horn has saved me from contact with another driver who wasn't paying attention. It isn't always possible to take evasive action, sometimes you have no place to evade to and a loud horn saves the day.
Honda should be ashamed for putting that tricycle horn they put on the Fit 2d Gen.

Flea

Old 01-18-2010, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by whaap
I still have the stock horn. I haven't upgraded it because I don't use a horn. If I find myself in a precarious situation I will use what few fractions of a second I have taking evasive action and not leaning on the horn. I learned a long time ago I wasn't going to teach the world how to drive.

-Thanks bro, but I think I'll go with the Accord horn anyway; -just in case I meet up with some drivers on the road that aren't as good as you think you are, yas? ">})

Last edited by Chazzlee; 01-18-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by FLEALAMI
You have been fortunate.
I wish I had a buck for everytime the horn has saved me from contact with another driver who wasn't paying attention. It isn't always possible to take evasive action, sometimes you have no place to evade to and a loud horn saves the day.
Honda should be ashamed for putting that tricycle horn they put on the Fit 2d Gen.

Flea

Have an '10 Fit now but had an '07 Fit, WTF is Honda thinking with this new meep meep horn. Plus, the old Fit had 200 watts of stereo power as opposed to 160.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
Because the $ sucks versus the ¥ and Honda is not really making much if anything at all on the Fit. Until they start building them in the US or Canada. Think about this, new Fits are going for say $17500, Sport models, my RS without any type of audio came up to 1.96 million Yen, convert that into $ and it comes to like $22275. Then cost me another $1400 to get it on the road. You can subtract like $1000 for the Honda Access suspension and Bosch Euro horns as they were add-ons. Regardless, take that away and it still is over $21000. How many people in the US are actually going to pay that much for a Fit? I do have some more amenities though such as not having to use my key or key fob whatsoever to lock/unlock and start the car, have rear disc brakes, able to get VSA with manual (though I turn it off all the time), Comfort view package (heated side mirrors, heated strip for the windshield wipers and a special coating on the glass and side glass).

Basically what I am getting at is they have to chop some corners somewhere, not that the horn really costs much more, nor really would another amp pushing an additional 40 watts. Just be happy that Honda hasn't really altered the prices to reflect the worthless $.

BACK ON TOPIC...I have the Bosch Euro horns which were an accessory add on.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Installed the Wolo Bad Boy, which as people have mentioned is basically the same as the Stebel Nautilus. I don't have pictures from before/after, but if I'm feeling up to it this weekend I'll take pictures of how I installed it. It's relayed and replaced the stock horn completely - it's mounted in the cavity behind the front bumper/in front of the radiator. There was a PERFECT bolt hole there to mount the horn, and the relay mounted nicely where the stock horn was. Wiring was straightforward, and since I'd imagine that's what most of you are questioning your ability to do, that's what I'll try to detail in pictures.

It's much louder than the stock horn, but you're not going to get a semi-sound out of anything less than a true onboard air setup and truck horn.

Also, there is no noticeable time to spool up the air compressor when it's properly relayed. I can double tap the horn pad and get two quick horn blasts, or hold it - works just like the factory horn, only louder, even when very cold outside. I have it facing down, where it would definitely be louder if I took off the plastic shroud at the bottom of that space so it could echo off the ground - but I don't want to open that up to allow road debris to bounce up and hit the AC condenser (I have a mesh grill over the front opening already).

Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 PM
CBX
I still like my Fiamms, but a couple of weeks ago I heard a Chevy pickup with some train horns, which got me thinkin'...

Actually, I rarely get to use my horns anyway, in my small town. I wait until I am away from any cars or houses to occasionally test out my Fiamms!

Old 01-30-2010, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
accord horn here.
The easiest install there is. All plug and play.
Took less than 10 minutes.
Best $10 i ever spent.
+1 except in my country we have to pay 23 for it

Old 01-30-2010, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
$23 ain't bad. The dealer here wants $45.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
I put in the low note Accord horn from College Hills Honda. Easy installation, but to tell'ya the truth, it doesn't sound a hell of a lot louder than the stock one to me. Just a different, lower tone, which may make it more noticable, but not really any ~LOUDER~ AFAICS...?

Old 01-31-2010, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Air horns FTW. I got these in my car.

HornBlasters Classic 4-Piece Train Horn (HB4H)

Old 02-01-2010, 05:37 PM
None. I like my "meep meep"

Old 03-27-2010, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
I have to take my father-in-law to the Atlanta VA medical center fairly often. They only have valet parking. The parking attendants love my Stebel/Wolo dual-tone air horn. They actually write, "Blow horn!" on the parking stub.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:00 PM
I have to admit the train horn video link above is pretty cool and very tempting.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:00 PM
I've got the Fiamm's installed. Much louder than stock, and I think a richer sound than the Accord horn.

You would never mistake them for a big truck. But that's fine by me, since that's not what I'm driving.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
Stebel Nautilus @ 139db... Wolo Bad Boy, 118db, do the math, LOL. The Nautilus is one freaking loud horn. I even mounted one on my golf cart. Everyone asks WTF kind of horn is that!! Also, BMW makes a loud horn that has a nice tone. The nice thing about the Stebel, is that it is an actual air horn that is self contained and has the relay built in. The horn is an easy install, plug-and-play. You can find the Stebel on Ebay for under $40, and even a few at $20.

Last edited by WhiteSnake; 04-01-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Today I installed the Accord "low" horn. Cost $16.35 U.S. with all taxes, and took me about 15 minutes. Great improvement!
(Perhaps Honda could make this a "standard" and save us the work to improve their product. Kind of liked the "meep", tho.
Unsafe, but I liked it.

Quick Reply: Which horn did you install, or want to install?