2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Looking for upgrades! But what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Looking for upgrades! But what to get?

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the forums but I feel like I "Fit" in... I know, I know sorry I'll try not to make any worse puns then that one again!

I've only owned my fit for a week now but I can't stop talking about it to everyone or trying to take them for a ride! I bought the 09 Crystal Black Pearl finish {I got black because it was the only colour on the lot } DX-A, MT. I added the USB adapter, all season floor mats, trunk liner and rear tailgate spoiler. I was a little upset that the accessory spoiler was different then the sport spoiler but I might try to complain and see if they will switch them up for me.

This the first car I've ever felt "attached" to, I haven't owned it a week and it's been through the car was once, and I've been out there with tire spray (so they look black and wet), cleaning my rims from all the new break dust, vacuuming, Rain-X on the front window, etc! Now I find myself on the net looking for things I can get to make my Fit look a little different, I need help!

Sorry about all the filler above now for my upgrade questions!
First I've been looking at the JDM Fit with the Red doted "i", will I ruin anything when I take the current "Fit" emblem off and what is the best way to take that off?
Second I really think the red will stand out on the black finish, so I've also been looking at the red back filled "H" emblems but I can't find any (on E-bay at least) that are made to replace the front and rear of the Fit 09, are these hard to replace and is there a good place to look for them?
Third I have been looking at "Chrome" pillars I found two different kinds on e-bay one that is made out of plastic and the other is made out of T304 stainless steel then “triple” chrome plated. Would anyone recommend plastic over metal? Also does anyone have any comments on how well they stick in place?

I’m also thinking about tinting the windows, replacing the pedals with the sporty one, maybe adding the armrest, door sill kit and to match the other red parts I saw a red shift knob… But we’ll see what the wife says when I go to spend all this extra money :P

Thanks for your comments!!
Cheers, Mitch

Old 11-14-2008, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
About the "Fit" emblem on the back: The best way is probably to take some dental floss and fit it between the car and the back of the emblem and just "floss" it out. I'm pretty sure those are put on by double sided tape. Once it's loose, just wiggle it off with your hands. Since the car is new most of the tape should still be attached to the emblem, but you'll still need to clean the area off and you can use some rubbing alcohol to clean it off and put the new one on.

About the red emblem: I'm in the same boat as you, and I want them as well for my TW Fit, but currently the only place I've found them is online at ebay through bestjdmparts.com (or through their site of course). Looks like it'll cost you at least $130 CAD to have them shipped to your door from them. I've been desperately looking around locally and on the web to see if there are cheaper sellers but so far i've been out of luck =/ I'll keep you up to date if I do find anything though. BTW the part numbers are given in the sticky thread started by JDM, they're basically the same emblems as a newer civic 4-door type R.

As for the pillars, I have no experience with them whatsoever so I've got no valuable comments there ;p.