2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Tjin Edition Honda Fit GE / Version 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Tjin Edition Honda Fit GE / Version 2.0

NEW PICS ON PAGE 4...
NEW PICS ON PAGE 4...
NEW PICS ON PAGE 4...
NEW PICS ON PAGE 4...
NEW PICS ON PAGE 4...

Well boys and girls, now that SEMA has come and gone the pictures can finally be made public. These are four of the images that Wes Allison shot for Honda North America that will be used for their marketing materials and what not.

A little background on the build; Honda North America contacted us to see is we wanted to do a follow up to the last Fit GD that we did (Two-tone Copper, Kenstyle, HRE's, etc) for this years SEMA Show and gave us a little over four weeks do complete the car. Obviously four weeks isn't too much time so I we decided to keep it pretty simple with paint, audio, wheels and suspension. We chose to do something a little bit different than the "typical" build by doing something that everyone can relate to in some way when building a car that's capbale of being used on a daily basis.

Anyways, this wouldn't have been possible without some of the people that helped back the project including Mobil 1, NOS Energy Drink, Unique Fabrication, MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, Function / Form Suspension, Dunlop Tires, Realm Audio, Ignited HID, Visteon and Webasto so a huge "thank you" goes out to them.

As expected, the car should and will be a "love it or hate it" build but as always, comments/criticism is welcome. Enjoy.

NEW PICS ON PAGE 4...
NEW PICS ON PAGE 4...
NEW PICS ON PAGE 4...
NEW PICS ON PAGE 4...
NEW PICS ON PAGE 4...

Last edited by the gene; 03-20-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 PM
What are the specs on those wheels? Any fitment issues?

Old 11-12-2008, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I like the wheels, I like the Fit, I like the leather....but I don't like it all in one. Especially with the exterior color combined with the interior.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
i'm liking the stance and wheels. still a bit iffy on the interior mostly color issues, but i bet it is really comfortable.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Retired Moderator
Interesting... do you have more pic's with the sunroof..??

Old 11-13-2008, 01:07 AM
Banned
That is their best shot? Really? Any of could have designed better. The colours together are all wrong, real wrong. And those wheels.....I know they were rushed on the wheels but the best they could do? They can do better. They got the stereo and sunroof right.....but then so could I, had I had those as options.

Last edited by kamakurakid; 11-13-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
The interior color is great; It does need some floor mats.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:27 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i like that exterior color, but not the interior really.

what are the mods? it looks like some suspension, wheels, paint, interior upholstery, audio, lots of decals, and headlights, and maybe something with that rear hatch panel and honda emblem (i'm not that familiar with the GE fits yet).

Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly
The interior color is great; It does need some floor mats.
Like Lebowski said in The Big Lebowski "that carpet really pulled the room together", so with this Fit.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Wow, the exterior looks great, sans the dull paint job. The interior is just too much, and isn't really a good contrasting color for the exterior. I think a beige or mocha color would've worked for the interior. The leather texture looks really really nice though! I would've got rid of the stickers, but probably couldn't help that with the sponsors and all...

Btw, what are the wheel and suspension specs on this? The stance is very nice!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
I like it except for 2 things: the wheels and the orange color. I'm personally a fan of larger spokes, and I don't know but the interior orange just doesn't do it for me...way too clashy with the exterior color. Other than that looks good!

Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
total rush job on the seat cover and radio head unit.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:30 AM
its not that the build fails, just the car fails in general. theres no making up for that.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Wow so much wrong with this car. The orange color is just about the worst color one could pick for seats, clashes with everything. I know it was rushed and its plainly obvious it was. Wheels could take em or leave em. I've seen worse. Exterior color is just too boring. And I still will never ever get the deal with putting decals all over your car, its just silly and looks cheap.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
I like the color of the car and the wheels. The Carmel color on the leather would flow better with a different colored car. The back seats need to be re done.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:27 PM
I love the GD you guys did, but I'm not a fan at all of this GE

Old 11-13-2008, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
As mentioned up top, we knew this would be a love it or hate it thing and clearly a lot of you aren't too fond of it... to each his own of course, we can take the good with the bad, just like we have with all the rest of the builds we've done over the years.

To answer some of the questions/comments: the interior isn't "orange," it just came out that way in the shots, its more of a tan but I guess that won't matter to most of you. The stickers on there are there for a reason (sponsors involved with the build getting their "thanks" at the biggest show there is,) not just to make the car look "silly and cheap."

Anyways, Honda North America, the sponsors involved with the car and those that put it together are more than happy with how it came out and in the end that's what matters the most.

Last edited by the gene; 11-13-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
Wow so much wrong with this car. The orange color is just about the worst color one could pick for seats, clashes with everything. I know it was rushed and its plainly obvious it was. Wheels could take em or leave em. I've seen worse. Exterior color is just too boring. And I still will never ever get the deal with putting decals all over your car, its just silly and looks cheap.
I don't understand your first statement. They are obviously trying to match the interiors of more expensive vehicles. Take a look in a Porsche or Mercedes and I promise that a color like this will be offered. The stitching looks a little sketchy on that back seat though. I guess I wouldn't call it orange.

I will agree with you about the decals.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
I think the pictures don't do the car justice. When I saw the leaked pics I was a little iffy on it. Upon seeing the car in person at SEMA it looks really nice. As Gene said, the interior color is off from the pics.
Either way awesome job! You can't always please everyone.

Last edited by unFITone; 11-13-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly
They are obviously trying to match the interiors of more expensive vehicles. Take a look in a Porsche or Mercedes and I promise that a color like this will be offered. The stitching looks a little sketchy on that back seat though. I guess I wouldn't call it orange.
Thankfully some people understand what went on; instead of doing the same thing that's been done over and over and over again in the "tuner" market we opted for something different. We could have easily gone with a set of "racing" seats but that wouldn't work with what we tried to do, hence the outcome shown.

As for the back seats, if you own a GE you know that the rear seats have two different locking positions and the one in the pictures is the one that leans further back pushing the seats against the speaker box leaving you that "smashed" look. When the seat is in the normal position it looks a lot better but when Honda shot the car I guess they had it positioned that way.

Oh yeah, the colors are off on the all the pics. The white balance is a little off in the pictures causing everything to look a little bit more blue than it really should be... it looks a lot different in person.

Quick Reply: Tjin Edition Honda Fit GE / Version 2.0