2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Tjin Edition Honda Fit GE / Version 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
Do not go bashing people about the styling they choose on THEIR CAR.
Who's bashing? If I were to post a picture of my modded car on here would I expect everyone to love what I did to MY car? Obviously I'd like to hear NICE comments, who doesn't? But the fact of the matter is, not everyone will love it, and that's just fine if I like what I've done to MY car.

Doesn't matter who follows what trend, YOU justify what you do to YOUR car, isn't that all the matters?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
I think there are reasons the trends in Japan aren't carrying over here IMO, and thats cause it looks tacky. To each his own, it is your car do what you want with it, as long as you are happy thats all that matters.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:09 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
I've commented on these type of situations before...but here I go again.

Most people here have very little knowledge of the trends and styles that are coming from Japan. Pick up a Hyper Rev of the GD any of them (i have 5) and all of them have different styling from sporty to euro to VIP/LUX. The VIP scene is HUGE with the K-Cars of Japan (fit, bB, ist, Step Wagon, Wagon R, etc).

Do not go bashing people about the styling they choose on THEIR CAR. They are following trends that aren't done here which makes everything about there car unique and great. stop hating and start studying and learning about things outside your own little "fast and furious worlds"

I personally love Gene's and BDR's car. Both have mods that flow very nicely together and pull the scheme of everything into a whole.
Basically kinda what I said allready I think people just hating its possible they just dont like it, to each is own but never hate especially when you know you want to do the same things. Yo trav any of them Hyper rev mags you have come in english???? If so tell me where you got them from

Last edited by HONDAJUNKIE; 03-11-2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-11-2009, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
^^Nope they are all in Japanese. well most some things like company names and numbers or in english

I just look at teh pictures =)

picture books FTW hahaha

Old 03-11-2009, 03:20 PM
"Youngest FitFreak"(without a Fit)
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unFITone
How are energy drinks in the cup holder ricey? just curious.
Lol those things are drinks?!?!?!?! Whoopsee-daisee!!! Anyways, they are still kind of ricey.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Put some new shoes on, HRE C20's; if you're in SoCal it'll be at HIN in Anaheim this weekend along with Leonard Yee's RHD Jazz!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome Gene!! Hope to see ya there this weekend

Old 03-12-2009, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by the gene

freakin' hot!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Much better..!!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Wow! the new rims def. set that car off!!!

And for some reason, to me, the spoiler fits onto the car alot better than previously.

:P

Old 03-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Put some new shoes on, HRE C20's; if you're in SoCal it'll be at HIN in Anaheim this weekend along with Leonard Yee's RHD Jazz!

How much did you have to modify the spoiler to get it to fit properly?
I like the rims!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM
spelng > me
5 Year Member

Thats SEXY. Any specs on the wheels like size and offset, and did you just add side skirt and a spoiler to a other wise stock fit sport, there is a subtle, difference in this as compared to a stock fit but I cant quite put my hands on it yet. Looks better and looks the same with the new wheels. I like it. Gene you should do a part by part build thread on here to show us the work that went into it, and mabey it would help some of the GE owners figure out how the car comes apart, so they could get there own Ideas on were to run speaker wires, what the seat brackets look like dissasembled from the seats, how the panels come of etc...etc...

Last edited by HONDAJUNKIE; 03-13-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by projekz
How much did you have to modify the spoiler to get it to fit properly?
I like the rims!
We had to shave down some of the underside of the mounting points, other than that we were good.

Originally Posted by HONDAJUNKIE
Thats SEXY. Any specs on the wheels like size and offset, and did you just add side skirt and a spoiler to a other wise stock fit sport, there is a subtle, difference in this as compared to a stock fit but I cant quite put my hands on it yet. Looks better and looks the same with the new wheels. I like it. Gene you should do a part by part build thread on here to show us the work that went into it, and mabey it would help some of the GE owners figure out how the car comes apart, so they could get there own Ideas on were to run speaker wires, what the seat brackets look like dissasembled from the seats, how the panels come of etc...etc...
The wheels are 18x9 all around, don't remember the offsets off the top of my head, I'd have to look it up. About the build-up, I didn't take pictures of any of it so that won't be possible.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:21 PM
"Youngest FitFreak"(without a Fit)
5 Year Member
Looks much better now! Man, the Fit should have the option for a sunroof. That'd be pretty cool.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:24 AM
looks like they changed the seats it looks way better now

props to tunerzine for photo and ghettoboy247for the link lolol

Old 03-20-2009, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Here are a few new pictures from yesterday:

Old 03-20-2009, 06:11 PM
black with leather accents looks much better then the old leather with black accents...

Old 03-20-2009, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
WOW, now I'm even more in love with it. Those buckets look awesome there!

BTW, why do you guys don't change the radio surround for a OEM navi one? I think it will finish the interior a lot better.

Last edited by hondaacclx84; 03-20-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaacclx84
BTW, why do you guys don't change the radio surround for a OEM navi one? I think it will finish the interior a lot better.
We actually tossed the OEM head unit and put that piece in there, it's got navigation, iPod hookup, rear view camera and like 49 other functions built in.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:37 PM
I've commented on these type of situations before...but here I go again.

Most people here have very little knowledge of the trends and styles that are coming from Japan. Pick up a Hyper Rev of the GD any of them (i have 5) and all of them have different styling from sporty to euro to VIP/LUX. The VIP scene is HUGE with the K-Cars of Japan (fit, bB, ist, Step Wagon, Wagon R, etc).

Do not go bashing people about the styling they choose on THEIR CAR. They are following trends that aren't done here which makes everything about there car unique and great. stop hating and start studying and learning about things outside your own little "fast and furious worlds"

I personally love Gene's and BDR's car. Both have mods that flow very nicely together and pull the scheme of everything into a whole.

ewwww VIP!

Quick Reply: Tjin Edition Honda Fit GE / Version 2.0