2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Are the Fits still flying off the dealer's lots?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Because I did, lmao. Have you dealt with these guys before? This place seems like a joke and this just reinforces the reviews I have seen about them. They must think they are the only place selling cars. They may be able to sucker people who just walked onto the lot aimlessly, but not this FitFreak!

Old 11-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Vanct
Because I did, lmao. Have you dealt with these guys before? This place seems like a joke and this just reinforces the reviews I have seen about them. They must think they are the only place selling cars. They may be able to sucker people who just walked onto the lot aimlessly, but not this FitFreak!
Oh yeah, I've dealt with them before. And those people still owe me a free oil change! Long story.

Anyway, this was probably the worst experience I've had with buying a car, as far as the deal part goes. The pre-deal experience was normal.

If I ever have to get a new honda, it'll be somewhere closer to where I live, most definitely.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:43 PM
I have seen several AT fit sport models at a local dealer. the reason why MT's are hard to get and require a wait, is because the first wave of Fit Sports made for the U.S. were mostly AT's. I guarantee that sales for ALL cars have slowed, I don't care what kind of car it is. People are terrified about the economy and job security right now and sales on everything are down.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I am in sales, any salesperson is going to say the same type of thing. When have you ever heard a salesman say "oh yeah, things are terrible now and we really need to unload our inventory". I have been to a few different dealers and over the next few month's, and I believe as more inventory starts rolling in, you will see them singing a different tune.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by Handlman09
I have seen several AT fit sport models at a local dealer. the reason why MT's are hard to get and require a wait, is because the first wave of Fit Sports made for the U.S. were mostly AT's. I guarantee that sales for ALL cars have slowed, I don't care what kind of car it is. People are terrified about the economy and job security right now and sales on everything are down.
My dealer told me the same thing - that the Sport AT's were the first ones to come to the US followed by the Sport MT's, so I had to wait about a month to get my Sport MT.

One thing I've also noticed recently is that the dealers' websites will list about 10 -15 Fits in their inventory but not have nearly that many when you actually go down there. My friend was looking for a Fit a couple weeks ago and the dealer's website said they had 10 in stock but when she got there they only had 2 Fits. She had that happen with at least 3 dealerships....

Old 11-30-2008, 07:37 PM
The dealership I just bought from has them on the lot for a few days at most.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:46 PM
The reason they show 10 to 15 is a trick. They say that there are 10-15 Fits (or any car) available. That really means there are about 10 to 15 Fits in the area that they can trade for, not necessarily on their lot. It makes them look bigger and better than they really are. Watch ads and stuff and you'll see what I mean. Everyone says there are a bunch "available".

Old 11-30-2008, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
I got this reply from a (less than reputable) dealership yesterday when I asked if he could beat another dealership's quote of $16,459 for a SSM Fit Sport AT:

"They are quoting you invoice for an automatic Sport that does not include the $670 destination charges which makes the REAL invoice price $17129 which I don't know that I can even guarantee. NOone is selling Fits at invoice though many are quoting it. In fact most dealers are asking OVER the MSRP for the Fits because of the demand for them and not telling you until you get to the dealership. We do not sell Fits for less than MSRP so if someone will sell you one for invoice go buy it there. I refuse to give you a low quote just to get you in the door and would caution you to question the ethics of anyone that does. It is despicable and gives all of us a bad name. I would rather lose your business than lie to you.
Thank You, (economically oblivious salesman)"

First of all, he assumes that I don't know about the destination charge.

Secondly, he says he won't sell for below MSRP even though his dealership sent out an email ad stating they are offering employee pricing, including Fits, lol. I even emailed him about it earlier confirming it was available for Fits.

Apparently, his dealership must be tossing Fits left and right even though the inventory on their site reflects almost 20 in stock for the last few weeks, the same with many Dallas dealers.
Not sure why you are cracking on this dealer. It actually sounds like he is being up front with you.

I suspect the price you gave him to beat was a fraud from your 1st dealer.

No way anyone is paying invoice for this car, even in this economy.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
I'm cracking on him because he lied. Either his dealership is lying or he is lying about the employee pricing offer. Henryd also said in this thread that he got the same email about employee pricing on the Fits.

Sure the other dealer may have been lying about the generous price quote, but under what basis? If I had arrived there and then talked about specifics such as price and he reneges on his price quote, what reason would I have to stay on the lot?

If I remember correctly, a few people were able to get invoice or close to invoice on this forum. I wouldn't expect to get invoice either, just a few hundred off MSRP around this time.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
I'm cracking on him because he lied. Either his dealership is lying or he is lying about the employee pricing offer. Henryd also said in this thread that he got the same email about employee pricing on the Fits.

Sure the other dealer may have been lying about the generous price quote, but under what basis? If I had arrived there and then talked about specifics such as price and he reneges on his price quote, what reason would I have to stay on the lot?

If I remember correctly, a few people were able to get invoice or close to invoice on this forum. I wouldn't expect to get invoice either, just a few hundred off MSRP around this time.
OK, I missed the part about an employee pricing promo.

Just so you know, I believe there are dealers that will quote you a price on the internet, and then switch you on the lot. In fact, I don't think this is uncommon. So I would be grateful to follow his tip to purchase the car at the other dealer for the better price.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Blazer Deli
Not sure why you are cracking on this dealer. It actually sounds like he is being up front with you.

I suspect the price you gave him to beat was a fraud from your 1st dealer.

No way anyone is paying invoice for this car, even in this economy.

I paid below invoice for mine, it helps from a dealer is trying to hit a factory incentive.