2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Are the Fits still flying off the dealer's lots?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Polaski: the best way to control the deer population is bringing back the wolves and other predators. let the kitty cats do the job that god intended them to do.

part of me really wish the government won't do anything about the big 3 - they were badly managed and produced too much crap that nobody want. how come honda and toyota can stay afloat? meanwhile they (just like AIG etc.) are holding taxpayer hostage by threatening to go bust if no extra money is wired to them. this whole thing is so sickening. i know it's ultimately the innocent workers and small biz folks who get hurt but we can bail them out to the very end and they will still fail and we will still get hurt.

When I was young I told my Dad to only buy American made cars. He ended up buying a GM car that spent more time in a shop than on the road. I felt so guilty and since then stopped being blindly patriotic. Now I will only the buy the best car that meets my needs. For now it's the Fit. I just wish if I bought it 2 months later I might be able to save a few bucks off MSRP...

Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
I believe in the 2nd amendment. Nobama better not get rid of it.

I was just at Ed Voyles Honda today and had a chat with Chuck, one of the Sales Mgrs, and Eric a salesrep there... they said they have only ONE Tidewater Blue Sport AT w/Navigation on their lot, and plan on selling it at MSRP. However, they also stated they have four more en-route, and are already pre-sold.

Fits here in the north Atlanta area are apparently selling like hotcakes. At least at this particular stealership.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:32 PM
why do people think that Obama wants to ban guns? background checks are not the same as banning guns. btw, who the hell needs a killing machine anyway unless you are criminal or a professional hunter or in law enforcement? I don't get it. There are paint ball guns for fun and they are a lot safer. Oh, for self-defense, i would rather get a realistic toy gun just to scare off the criminal, so that even if the bad guy gets hold of it it won't back fire on me.

I think Fits are selling well in coastal/metro areas. Maybe those looking for a bargain should contact dealers in those states to see if they can get a good deal.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Guns are necessary in case the government go crazy and people need to basically as Jefferson stated...

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Give up the right to bear arms, and we give up all our power to the government, which is something the forefathers saw as detrimental. As this part states...

"That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power."

They never wanted concentrated power in government and for defense preferred that individuals can take up arms in defense of the country vs. a large standing military.

Giving this right up or having it compromised and reduced is basically a ticket to giving the government yet more power, basically, we are giving up the liberty that the country was founded upon. Even if most of us never buy a firearm - we must never give this right up, it would be a huge loss to our personal liberty and freedoms.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:56 PM
i understand the constitutional origin of the second amendment, but we are not living in the 1600 and i don't want to live in a place like Afganistan where people are waving guns all over the place and the government can do nothing about it. The whole idea of having elections is for us people to overthrown our government peacefully every some years so there's no need for bloodshed and violent revolutions.

realistically, if a group of folks decide to fight against government, can they win? think about it - the government has tanks, planes, rockets and atomic bombs. that's why I said we are not living in the 1600s anymore. The idea of a militia fighting against government troops is obsurd today. do you want ordinary people to own atomic weapon too?

There's no way we can have perfect government: too much government and it will do a lot of harm. too little government and nothing gets done. either way people are not happy. That's why we have religion - since God is always "perfect".

ok i promise i won't write anymore OT stuff.

Last edited by Surviver of the Fittest; 11-12-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
do you want ordinary people to own atomic weapon too?
No - but I do wish we had the open mindedness to consider a self contained portable atomic reactor as the solution for powering cars of the future - powering electric motors. Way better than hybrids and their bulky batteries... but till then, the Fit is a great choice.

The problem with elections is that it assumes no one abuses their power while in office... as long as there is concentrated power, someone has the opportunity to abuse it. I really believe an armed and trained citizenry is a great solution to crime as well... look up Switzerland.

Oh - and ethanol... that is SO not the answer to our energy problems. We'll be able to fuel our cars but not afford food or have enough water. Very short sighted and dumb choice.

Last edited by neteng101; 11-12-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by neteng101
No - but I do wish we had the open mindedness to consider a self contained portable atomic reactor as the solution for powering cars of the future.
What happens in a collision? that will be really scary. we haven't even figure out a safe way to deal w/ all these nuclear waste yet. i can see us humans moving steadily on a path to self destruction.

I have seen reports of some one working on water powered cars. if it's possible, i am all for it.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Guns are necessary in case the government go crazy and people need to basically as Jefferson stated...

"

yeah, that isn't an exaggeration. i love the whole 'obama is in office, i gotta buy a gun!' mentality.

it justifies why other countries think americans are mindless bigots.

what is wrong with an effing background check? get with the times people. he's not trying to take anyones rights away. anyone who says otherwise is a retard. (or a republican. funny they both start with 'r'...)

at any rate, they should bring back hand to hand combat and sword fighting. anyone can just pop a guy. good against remotes is one thing, good against the living? now thats something else.

anywho, i think that since gas has gone down and with the economy being what it is is whats detterring fit, and other car sales. now is a good time to get a deal though, if you are not already upside down.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
What happens in a collision? that will be really scary. we haven't even figure out a safe way to deal w/ all these nuclear waste yet. i can see us humans moving steadily on a path to self destruction.
Nothing happens in a collision. A nuclear reactor is always built to be as tough as possible... that's why even though ships and submarines that are targets and could get damaged in combat can easily be equipped with nuclear reactors. And we can deal with nuclear waste if we really wanted to - France has the answers, but we don't have the will... its not for a lack of technology, just the myriad of excuses and myths given to us by the extremists and doomsayers.

I have seen reports of some one working on water powered cars. if it's possible, i am all for it.
Until we use up our water - we are consuming enough water that someday there will be a shortage and crisis. Its just a crisis in the making, and its not even something we've begun to plan for.

But Honda has some answers - if only we'd build more stations that serve up natural gas instead of stupid E85 ethanol. Natural gas is plentiful and clean, a great choice that only requires stations with new pumps. Yet I don't see any government push for it.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Until we use up our water - we are consuming enough water that someday there will be a shortage and crisis.
you are right about the water shortage. however the water we are short of is good clean fresh water. there are plenty of water in the ocean. there are also plenty of dirty sewage water and industrial waste water and all this crap. overall water mass on this planet is not less. we are just making more and more water unusable.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
I would assume that $2.00/gallon gas vs $4.00/gallon gas makes this class of car lass attractive to some who would have considered it six months ago.

Somebody recently asked me if I regret buying the Fit in light of recent developments.

My answer was swift and didn't require deliberation: Absolutely not!

The price of gas will rise again sure as the sun does, but it has little now to do with the reasons I love my Fit.

Last edited by badself; 11-15-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by badself
I would assume that $2.00/gallon gas vs $4.00/gallon gas makes this class of car lass attractive to some who would have considered it six months ago.

Somebody recently asked me if I regret buying the Fit in light of recent developments.

My answer was swift and didn't require deliberation: Absolutely!

The price of gas will rise again sure as the sun does, but it has little now to do with the reasons I love my Fit.
So you do regret it? Did you mean absolutely not?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by eldaino
good against remotes is one thing, good against the living? Now thats something else.
for the win.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
I've been keeping track of the number of new Fits on the lots in Dallas. If you go to cars.com and search new fits and put in a zip code they'll search new Honda dealers within 30 miles.
The number has been over 100 for a few weeks now.
Plenty of Fits around Dallas.
The dealer I got mine from (Rusty Wallis) had 3 when I bought one. Most other dealers seem to have about 10 or 15.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by badself

My answer was swift and didn't require deliberation: Absolutely!

Its not so much the drop in gas prices as the financial, auto, and soon to be credit card crises. Too many potential buyers are flat scared to death and scared buyers don't buy much.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
For Honda sales in October, the Fit was the only model that posted an increase in sales. I don't think anyone believes that gas prices will stay this low - I'd love it if they did, but I don't think they will! Also, the Fit has a lot more going for it than just excellent gas mileage. It's a fun little car, and the utility/configurability of the interior is better than in some of my friends' small SUV's.

I also think it's more the credit card crisis and economy that is causing people not to buy any car right now, including Fits.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
I'd have to agree with you.. combined with the fear of future gas prices rising (which is obviously inevitable), the economy, credit crisis, tens of thousands of people possibly being impacted with the GM thing, etc., etc., people are going to be spending less on consumer goods. And if they have to, or can make a major purchase like a car, the majority will go the inexpensive, economical route.

Either way, we all made wise choices in our Fits, despite the many reasons why we did.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
I've been monitoring the new Fits around the Dallas/FW area as well, and they just don't seem to be selling, although the couple of dealerships I checked with are still deadset at selling at MSRP.

I've only noticed 2 '09 Fits on the road and a few older ones and I'm on the road 1.5 hours per day. Due to average cheaper gas prices in Texas, looks we're still stickin' to our trucks.

I want an '09 SSM so bad, but looks like I'm better off waiting a bit longer for now, pending drops in sales, which may never happen with this car.

Last edited by Vanct; 11-13-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Post They seem to be hanging around Honda dealerships longer!

I stop by 2 different Honda dealerships in my area. Very rarely do I see Fits, and if I do they don't last long.

Today I took my Fit in for service and I saw not only a ton of Civics there, but 2 new Fits and 3 Civic Hybrids. They were all unsold.

I think in this economy even Honda dealers are having a rough time.

Oh well, it might be my opportunity to test drive the Hybrid and the new Fit to see if I'll be interested in the new Insight coming next year, or just stay with a 2009 Fit.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly
So you do regret it? Did you mean absolutely not?
Sure did. Sorry for the error. I corrected the original post.

Quick Reply: Are the Fits still flying off the dealer's lots?