2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda Fit Highway Edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Honda Fit Highway Edition

I was browsing the Japanese Honda Fit site and came across this. They call it the Highway Edition.

Honda|クルマ|フィット|フィット特別仕様車|ハイ Eェイ エディション

Comes with stuff like HID, 'allergy free filter' (WTF?), and a few other goodies.

Best of all the Highway Edition RS in the MT comes with Honda Smart Key! I'm not sure why it's on only the MT...

Why don't we get the cool stuff in the States?

If anyone is overly curious about something on that link, I can translate to English.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
hmmm i thought it would be more 'aerodynamic' but i guess not

Old 11-07-2008, 02:07 PM
The only thing I can really tell that makes it a "Highway Edition" is the etc card, which is a toll booth payer/card, reader integrated into the car.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by pizzicato
I was browsing the Japanese Honda Fit site and came across this. They call it the Highway Edition.

Honda|ƒNƒ‹ƒ}|ƒtƒBƒbƒg|ƒtƒBƒbƒg“チ•ハŽd—lŽヤ|ƒnƒCƒ EƒFƒC ƒGƒfƒBƒVƒ‡ƒ“

Comes with stuff like HID, 'allergy free filter' (WTF?), and a few other goodies.

Best of all the Highway Edition RS in the MT comes with Honda Smart Key! I'm not sure why it's on only the MT...

Why don't we get the cool stuff in the States?

If anyone is overly curious about something on that link, I can translate to English.
Allergy technology and use is huge in Japan, sit in traffic as it is called a parking lot when jammed up. I know of people who have been stalled on an express highway for hours on end due to an accident or the Get Out of Tokyo weekend. Bring a piss jug as bathrooms are far from easy to find and suck in car fumes for a few hours, not nice.

Car companies put just enough goodies in the car to get a sale. The Fits seem to need none of those Highway goodies as they are selling well. I would have liked the highway edition really, better lighting and scent free interior. Drive by a slaughter house in these parts and the vents need to be secured, puts one off beef for a few days as well.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Can't we just buy the "alergy-free filter" and install it on our Fits? Or is it a whole assembly?

Old 11-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Lots more accessories in Japan. They have a sensor system that beeps when you get close to other cars. I guess with the huge parking spaces in the US, that's not necessary here...

Also, check out the 'Sports Neo' accessory package. Pretty cool.
Honda|Honda Access|FIT|おすすめ用品

Old 11-07-2008, 04:29 PM
I like to get that allergy filter too if available. I almost always use recycling mode for the air for fear of inhaling toxic fumes from car exhaust on the road. if the window fogs up i use A/C. If there's an allergy filter for incoming air then i can let hte vent set to passthrough mode rather than relying on a/c to dehumidify the air.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pizzicato
Lots more accessories in Japan. They have a sensor system that beeps when you get close to other cars. I guess with the huge parking spaces in the US, that's not necessary here...
Yeah they also got the front and rear camera's, that would be a cool integration with our Navi screens.... but not for this market.

look at honda uk, one of the model's has a top refrigerated glove box, rain sensing wipers, etc, etc... also check honda.au I wished all those options came here to the US.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
I like to get that allergy filter too if available. I almost always use recycling mode for the air for fear of inhaling toxic fumes from car exhaust on the road. if the window fogs up i use A/C. If there's an allergy filter for incoming air then i can let hte vent set to passthrough mode rather than relying on a/c to dehumidify the air.
I too almost always used recycling mode, but then I read somewhere that it's not smart because although you smell less fumes, a more dangerous fume is building up of which you cannot smell: carbon monoxide. It is this reason that the Fit manual states to keep it set to fresh air mode at all times with very few exceptions. With that said the air filtration system is designed to reduce pollen and other dander from the air outside, just like any other HEPA based filter, any foul smells will still permeate. The way to eliminate the smells that are bothering us is through the use of carbon. I'm sure someone will find something like this soon...I imagine it being almost identical to the existing filter, but with a layer of carbon attached. **I am no expert this is just what I have gathered in prior research involving home air filtration systems.

Last edited by reako; 03-07-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
you can get sensors for the fit installed at the dealership to beep when you are close to objects.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by kancerr
you can get sensors for the fit installed at the dealership to beep when you are close to objects.
Would you like to elaborate on that? is it Honda's OEM sensor of some sort of aftermarket ones? how does it work?

thanks in advance

Last edited by Surviver of the Fittest; 11-07-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
they install a couple circle sensors...may be about an inch or so. i would guess may be 4? on the bumper. when you get close to things, i believe the beep gets louder the closer you are(inside your car, not outside like a big truck backing up). they are OEM sold by honda dealerships in the usa. they are color matched. i remember them asking me if i wanted them installed when i got my fit. i declined as i am perfectly capable of parking any vehicle with out hitting things... ;P but if you need the extra assistance honda will install em for you ;P not sure on the price.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:41 PM
this shows a little more what it has.
Honda|クルマ|フィット|フィット特別仕様車|ハイ Eェイ エディション
it has electronic toll collection (etc) where you can go through tolls with out stoping.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
you guys dont have easypass where you live? i havent stopped to put cash in a toll in yeaaaaaars.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:31 PM
you guys dont have easypass where you live? i havent stopped to put cash in a toll in yeaaaaaars.
in Florida we have sunpass, i dont know how i could drive on the turnpike with out it.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by reako
I too almost always used recycling mode, but then I read somewhere that it's not smart because although you smell less fumes, a more dangerous fume is building up of which you cannot smell: carbon dioxide...
I think you mean carbon monoxide.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Virtual
I think you mean carbon monoxide.
I dont' think carbon monoxide would enter the cabin. CO2 however can accumulate from our exhale. Although it would take a long time to accumulate significant amount of co2 to make you feel sleepy.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
I dont' think carbon monoxide would enter the cabin. CO2 however can accumulate from our exhale. Although it would take a long time to accumulate significant amount of co2 to make you feel sleepy.
Carbon monoxide buildup is a long time known issue with cars.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, I meant carbon monoxide, sorry.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't paid a toll in yeaaaaaars.

Quick Reply: Honda Fit Highway Edition