2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Cargo liner for '09 Fit when seats down

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Thanks robodude!!! you've been + repped.

I'm getting the sport too (whenever it arrives), so it's glad to hear the color matches quite closely. From the other post in the pics it looked almost a tan color. It coulda been my eyes though.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Here are the pictures that I took during installation.
Warning... There are several.

'09 Fit - Cargo Mat Installation - a set on Flickr

I agree that it might be beneficial to add some more velcro, but the mat seems to be fairly well fastened down.

As you can see from one of the images, the mat is rather thin, but very sturdy. Now, I didn't got after it with some nails or anything to test this, but it feels like thin tires... It's rubber.

I'm still using the regular cargo mat, but only because I paid for it, so I might as well. I keep extra washer fluid with me at all times - wouldn't want to get caught in a snow storm (which means dirt and salt will end up on your windshield when you're driving) without having washer fluid, so having that lipped cargo cover may be handy. =/
As for the all-over cargo mat. I have no intentions of trying to permanently affix it to my seats/cargo area. I like that it's rather easy to remove, for cleaning purposes. The likelihood of water & mud getting in my car at somepoint is... well... not unlikely.

I couldn't get a picture of it with the regular cargo mat in there as well, because my camera had died right at the end of the installation.
If anyone's truly interested in seeing what it looks like, let me know, and I'll snap a picture.

I included pictures of the installation instructions, for your curiosity/satisfaction. If anyone wants a nice/pdf scan of this, I can take it to work and scan it for ya.

Well, I'm posting this on the run, so hopefully I didn't miss anything.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Elemmat with paw print logo

It is my pleasure to introduce the Honda Fit Paw Print Elemmat pictures. Modeled by Jack Price.... Thanks and enjoy!!!

Two Paw Prints per mat... Black Steel Material with grey inserts.

A view of the entire mat installed and seats down

another view from the passenger side of the car

Hey? What's this on my mat??? Someone's been in my car!!!

Where are they! I know there's around!!! I'm going to have to love them to death if I find them!!!!

Over to the right? Hmmmm.... All this love... gotta find 'em!

Well, when I find them, they're all mine Love Love Love Love Love....

Thanks everyone... have a great, fantastic, and loved day... and in case you missed it, there is a coupon code/discount code for the fitfreak owners club which is fit10 -or- click this link: Elemmat.com - Fit Discount

Drive Safely and enjoy the ride
Tony, PJ and Jack - The Prices
for www.Elemmat.com

Old 06-05-2009, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
Nice Mat, it's about $50 too high for me though.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
bjave,

How sticky is the mat? How much does things slide or don't slide? I sometimes stores plastic buckets with stuff in them and it'll nice if the buckets don't slide.

Thanks,

Jim

Old 06-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Indoor/outdoor from Home Depot cut to "Fit".

Old 06-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks for sharing crst4s. I was wondering what was the dimensions you used to cut the carpet to size?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by bojackson63044
Thanks for sharing crst4s. I was wondering what was the dimensions you used to cut the carpet to size?
Here are measurements for the Lowe's/Homedepot cargo liner.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post500109

Old 11-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Hello All!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! My Mom and Aunt Bev stayed with us over the holiday visiting from Virginia Beach and it was in their top 3 Thanksgivings... a great feeling to have them say that. Hope your Thanksgiving was up there too.

Over the last 2 weeks we have updated the Honda Fit Elemmat site with more graphics, new logo and the layout is completely different. We're working on Kia Soul and Ford Flex versions of the Elemmat - and are still offering the 10% discount for Ridgeline Owners Club members. We have stocked up on matting material for the holiday season so that we don't run out too. If there are any questions please let me know by emailing us from the website.

www.Elemmat.com
10% Discount Code for FitFreak members is FIT10

Have a great rest of the Holiday season

Tony Price

Last edited by bjave; 11-29-2010 at 04:03 PM.