2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Mudflaps for 09 Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Mudflaps for 09 Sport?

Hey guys, ive been noticing how much dirt and mud this car kicks up on the doors and rear bumper. I have to spray some quick detailer on the car almost every day. I see that college hills honda has mudflaps for the base model 09's but nothing for Sports. Is there any out there?

Old 11-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Hey guys, ive been noticing how much dirt and mud this car kicks up on the doors and rear bumper. I have to spray some quick detailer on the car almost every day. I see that college hills honda has mudflaps for the base model 09's but nothing for Sports. Is there any out there?
Good question. I'd love to get some as well.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:15 AM
get ones with chrome naked chicks or yosimitti sam

Old 11-03-2008, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
i dont think they make mud flaps for the sport model cause the way the body is shaped

Old 11-03-2008, 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by LittleFit
i dont think they make mud flaps for the sport model cause the way the body is shaped
Given today's technology, and how easy it is to produce molded and shaped plastic items, it would be easy to deal with the Fit's body kit. They can make darn near anything out of plastic like splash guard material. Cake.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Retired Moderator
The 09 Fit Sport and Base model have the same rear bumper.. the mud flaps "should" work...

Old 11-03-2008, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sway
get ones with chrome naked chicks or yosimitti (Yosemite) sam
..I personally think mud flaps/splash guards etc., (if properly installed) make Hondas look sportier and actually serve a purpose.

So, with that, I went to my local Advance Auto Parts and purchased two sets for $7.44 each. They are pretty much completely flat and of course, do not mold to the bumper covers at all like the Honda Fit non-Sport ones do. But, it gets the job done and looks clean. Until Honda or an aftermarket company comes up with molded ones, I'll keep these on.

Installation was a snap, but just make VERY sure they are perfectly parallel and aligned with the ground or else they, especially from the rear view, will look really unprofessional

The kits include black screws (phillips). Just use a drill to get the holes started; however, I do not recommend drilling into the sheet metal fender lip, as this could encourage rust to form later on. I drilled into the plastic wheel well only.

NOTE: The '08 Sports do not have rear wheel wells, which makes attaching anything to the bumper cover, like flaps, quite risky. BUT, the '09 Sports do

Below is a closer shot of my car with the flaps on, but after I wash my car today, I'll take some more close-up pictures and post here...

Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
I wonder how awkward the car would look with just the rear flaps installed?
I read on a different thread that some one said that you can make the front ones fit too, by just cutting around where the skirt/moulding meet, and then it will fit.

Or maybe I should just get the regular flaps.

They definately serve a purpose, and I agree that it adds to the car's look.

Don't know why Honda didn't make a set for the Sport models, they would have made some money off it with the amount of people wanting the mud flaps.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I dont think it would look ackward as long as the mudflaps are small and subtle. I personally dont care for the looks but maintaining a white car is hard enough without all the dirt kicking up around it.

Although someone did bring up a good point about the rear bumpers being the same. Can anyone confirm that the mudflaps for the base will 100% not fit the Sport?

Old 11-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Well I saw a Sport parked inside a dealership showroom in Newmarket (Ontario Canada) with rear splashguards installed. So either these were slightly modified to fit a Sport (rumor was that they were developing a set to fit on the Sport rear bumper) or they were the same as the base....

Old 11-03-2008, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Gosh, too bad you didn't take a picture while you were at the stealership. But, I'm sure mud flaps were the last thing on your mind at the time!

Old 11-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I was there to pick up a locking gas cap since I had gas stolen out of my car 2 days before! It really threw me for a loop when I saw those splash guards. I did ask the people in the Service Department and no one could clarify! Figures. I just said "well, the splash guards aren't SUPPOSED to fit on the Sport due to the body kit" and got blank looks.

Originally Posted by concorde
Gosh, too bad you didn't take a picture while you were at the stealership. But, I'm sure mud flaps were the last thing on your mind at the time!

Old 11-03-2008, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
LOL

Priceless stuff.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Well I saw a Sport parked inside a dealership showroom in Newmarket (Ontario Canada) with rear splashguards installed. So either these were slightly modified to fit a Sport (rumor was that they were developing a set to fit on the Sport rear bumper) or they were the same as the base....
haha!! That's exactly what happened to me originally...well almost exactly. When I first went to test drive a Fit Sport, they so happened to have 1 in dark grey, and it was the salesman who noticed that it had the rear mudflaps on, even noting that they didn't come with them before....then come delivery time of my car, I totally didn't think about them and now that this thread was created, I checked my car this morning and there are in fact no mud flaps!

I guess it's not too much of an issue for me, especially for my white fit. I think it looks fine on the black/dark grey but thinking about how it would look on mine I don't think it'd go over too well.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Mud guards won't work on the Sport models.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by concorde
LOL

Priceless stuff.
You know what was really priceless? When the very first '09 showed up on the local lot, the dealer came out with me to look it over. He was doing the whole "magic seat" routine and went to push the front seats all the way forward to lower the rear seats. I just shook my head and went to the other side, pushed the front seats all the way BACK then showed him how the rear seats still went down. Kind of pathetic really.

Had my survey post purchase and the guy asked me to rate my dealer's knowledge of the car. Was having a good day so totally overated said "knowledge". I'm even the one who contacted them to let them know what colors were coming to Canada! All I got was "well, information on Internet forums can be misleading"....

Old 11-03-2008, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
You know what was really priceless? When the very first '09 showed up on the local lot, the dealer came out with me to look it over. He was doing the whole "magic seat" routine and went to push the front seats all the way forward to lower the rear seats. I just shook my head and went to the other side, pushed the front seats all the way BACK then showed him how the rear seats still went down. Kind of pathetic really.

Had my survey post purchase and the guy asked me to rate my dealer's knowledge of the car. Was having a good day so totally overated said "knowledge". I'm even the one who contacted them to let them know what colors were coming to Canada! All I got was "well, information on Internet forums can be misleading"....
You just have a crappy dealer then =p. The salesman I had was pretty good, and same with the delivery guy. At the same time I think he realized that I had done most of the research on the car already so he didn't bother trying to actually "sell" me the car, he was just waiting for me to say that I love it haha.

There were a handful of handy features that were passed onto me from the delivery guy though! Which was awesome. I was actually very impressed with the service I got from that dealership

Old 11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
I'm even the one who contacted them to let them know what colors were coming to Canada! All I got was "well, information on Internet forums can be misleading"....
Typical male know-it-all

Old 11-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh definitely no comment on that one!

Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Well here's the pictures I promised last night. The flaps aren't custom, and they're certainly not molded to the skirts and rear bumper cover, but they definitely get the job done. And look decent for a $14 investment. To me at least

Last edited by concorde; 02-10-2009 at 06:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Mudflaps for 09 Sport?