2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Mudflaps for 09 Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Yeah but has anyone actually installed them. The post isn't real clear on that as I read it.
Just got my OEM mud flaps in the mail. The Rears DO in fact fit on the Sport Model.. The fronts will require some modification to fit.. will take some pictures once I install them which probably won't be for a week or two.

to whomever said the OEM flaps are crap, I had them on my '05 civic for over 100k miles and they looked perfect and did their job!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:59 AM
The stock flaps suck. I had them on my car for less than two months, the front ones hold dirt and grime directly against the body and the rear ones wiggled to the point that they wore through the paint. I bought a stiff semi mudflap, cut it in four pieces and secured it using the stock flap mounting holes in the front, self tappers into the rear bumper. Looks like a rally car, will post pics later.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Also would like to add I have a base, but that's moot seeing how the oem flaps don't fite the sport anywho.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by concorde
Bump.. did you ever get the fronts put on?
nah.. i tried cutting them to match the front body molding but my cutting job looked like crap so I aborted and tossed them. The rears are holding up just fine though!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
I ordered a set of rear flaps from Bernardiparts and they mentioned that only the rears would work due to the side skirts on sport models. I'll install as soon as I receive them and will post photos for the community.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Name:  IMG_2885.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  92.0 KB

These came on the fit when I bought it as an option. Perfect fit no gaps and I cant see where dirt could ever get trapped.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by concorde
Bump.. did you ever get the fronts put on?
Originally Posted by LeafEater
nah.. i tried cutting them to match the front body molding but my cutting job looked like crap so I aborted and tossed them. The rears are holding up just fine though!
Anybody else try to carve up a pair of front mud guards to fit a Sport yet? I will be buying a set soon for the rears and not sure whether to just sell the fronts or try to cut them to fit.

@LeafEater - was part of the problem due to the way guards are molded? From photos they look very three deimensional. Maybe hollow core so once you cut you get big pockets?

_

Old 03-07-2011, 06:35 PM
I don't have flaps, but I question the need. I really haven't seen that much coming off the wheels fronts or rears. They were one of my first considerations but after 19Kmiles they're out of my mind.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
I don't have flaps, but I question the need. I really haven't seen that much coming off the wheels fronts or rears. They were one of my first considerations but after 19Kmiles they're out of my mind.
With my driving in Chicagoland's weather and road (suck ass) conditions... I've sent quite a bit from my tires onto the car. I just need to remind myself to go slow over pebbled/graveled roads.

I must say, after looking at HardCorpsFIT's picture, I think the side skirt acts a little like a mudflap for the front wheel (albeit a small one).

But, I decided no mudflaps shortly before buying the Fit (partly because I found out front didn't fit the Sport) and decided not to bother with it since.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:42 PM
After reading all the talk about these not fitting on a Sport, I decided to order Rally Armor's universal flaps. Under $30 shipped, what do I have to lose?

I am going to try to install using existing holes/hardware. I'll post pics after I get it done.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:51 PM
i will take photos once mine installed on friday...

Old 05-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by grant22
After reading all the talk about these not fitting on a Sport, I decided to order Rally Armor's universal flaps. Under $30 shipped, what do I have to lose?

I am going to try to install using existing holes/hardware. I'll post pics after I get it done.
--------------------
Awesome! I can't wait to see what they look like. I have a Milano Red GE8 Sport and am seriously considering getting these red RA flaps. Universal UR RED Mud flap White logo

Let us know how the install goes and if you think they are worth the investment.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
I agree. I was bummed when I found out the OEM mudflaps wouldn't fit the sport, but, given the flat body sides and the side moldings, I find I get very little throwback from the tires (at least the stock tires), so it's a non-issue to me now.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Name:  IMG_20110522_131847.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  66.8 KB
Name:  IMG_20110522_131901.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  59.8 KB
Name:  IMG_20110522_131853.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  31.7 KB
Name:  fitdirty.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  45.8 KB
1 semi truck mudflap cut into 4 pieces. It cost $7. Secured using stock harware in front, self tappers in back. 1 RI winter sans flaps wore the paint off both rockers, was able to get it repaired under warranty though. They have the added benefit of rubbing curbs before the tires, provided you mount them so they hang low enough.

Last edited by acreativename; 05-22-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:38 PM
They also rub the road under very, very hard cornering. Though that has gotten better since adding the RSB.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by acreativename

1 semi truck mudflap cut into 4 pieces. It cost $7. Secured using stock harware in front, self tappers in back. 1 RI winter sans flaps wore the paint off both rockers, was able to get it repaired under warranty though. They have the added benefit of rubbing curbs before the tires, provided you mount them so they hang low enough.
Definitely a case of function over form. For only $28 more shipped to your door you could have got a genuine Honda set that compliment the looks of your car. Your DIY set actually look dangerous to me with the very sharp edges sticking out. Somebody walking around your car could get cut on those edges.
Buy Honda Fit Accessories - Discount Genuine Honda Accessories

_

Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by SilverbulletCSVT
Definitely a case of function over form. For only $28 more shipped to your door you could have got a genuine Honda set that compliment the looks of your car. Your DIY set actually look dangerous to me with the very sharp edges sticking out. Somebody walking around your car could get cut on those edges.
Buy Honda Fit Accessories - Discount Genuine Honda Accessories

_
Had them, they suck (see my earlier reply). They are sitting in my spare room with my seats and muffler. wanna buy em? The DIY ones are made of a soft plastic, so no chance of injury, unless you poke your eye on them. And yes, function way WAY over form. This car gets driven hard, I'm much more concerned about how it works than how it looks.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:04 PM
OH GOD that looks so tacky.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbs
Jdmgpw, Thanks for your contribution to this thread. Rally flaps are not for everyone especially asshats

Your Welcome...

Old 05-31-2011, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Jibberjabs
did you line the mudflaps with a grey material or is that how the flaps come? how did you attach?

Quick Reply: Mudflaps for 09 Sport?