2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Mudflaps for 09 Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM
It doesn't look bad at all, especially since you have a black car and it blends in well. Do you have the flaps in the front?

Old 11-03-2008, 04:38 PM
They look good. I think they will have little to no effect on the dirt/etc on the back of your car. The turbulent air flow that swirls behind the car at speed is the source of the dirt, not necessarily the little area covered by the flaps. They will definitely keep the painted area that is now directly protected from being damaged, which is a good thing.

I wish there were front flaps. Since 90% of the car is behind the front wheels, and about 5% behind the rear wheels, I think the utility value of front flaps is about 10x greater in the real world as far as protecting the car goes.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
mud flaps

got this reply from HandA : "We have not heard if Honda plans to offer the splash guards for the Sport model, they never did for the 2007-2008 Sport because the under spoiler body trim would not let the splash guards mount, so I suspect it will probably be the same with the 2009 Sport model as well.
phasfit

Old 11-04-2008, 03:50 AM
Retired Moderator
Lightbulb Look again..

Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
Mud guards won't work on the Sport models.

Sure about that..??

Well guys & gals....

Here are some part #`s for you all

Base rear bumper part#
04715-TK6-A91ZZ

Sport rear bumper part#
04715-TK6-A91ZZ

They are the same... so I really don`t see how they would not work on the sport or base modle since they have the same rear bumper...

Here is a pic for reference... look closely and you`ll see that they are the same bumper... Thoughts...???

Old 11-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Halleluyah! Enough people were saying "rear splash guards do NOT fit on the Sport" that I was beginning to think I hallucinated seing them a few weeks ago! Thanks for the part# and, most especially, visual proof! Now I can say "SEE....TOLD YOU SO!"

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sure about that..??

Well guys & gals....

Base rear bumper part#
04715-TK6-A91ZZ

Sport rear bumper part#
04715-TK6-A91ZZ

They are the same... so I really don`t see how they would not work on the sport or base modle since they have the same rear bumper...

Here is a pic for reference... look closely and you`ll see that they are the same bumper... Thoughts...???

Old 11-04-2008, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sure about that..??

Well guys & gals....

Base rear bumper part#
04715-TK6-A91ZZ

Sport rear bumper part#
04715-TK6-A91ZZ

Verrrry interesting. How much do these gems cost from our friendly neighborhood supplier??

Old 11-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by concorde
Verrrry interesting. How much do these gems cost from our friendly neighborhood supplier??
They cost 62 for 4 at collegehills. plus shipping.

The rear will fit but the front won't because of Sport's body kit, right?

Pardon my ignorance but is the mud guard really necessary? Part of me wants everything but the other part - the sane part, says no because I don't want to get into debt unless the benefit outweight the risk by a big shot.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
You're not ignorant, you're just a cost-conscious, wise consumer. Which is why we all bought our Fits in the first place

Personally, I like the look of flaps on Honda vehicles. And if it can protect the lower sections of my car from chips, scuffs, etc., preventing me from having to get paint touchups down the road for hundreds of $$, I'm there.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
I don't understand why Honda would say that the mud guards don't fit on the Sport models then.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
they probably meant that as a whole because of the front guards and they don't want un-satisfied consumers!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Question Do they work?

Bumping this because I'm getting tiered of how dirty the tail of my FIT keeps getting.

There's been a lot of posts on mud flaps on the FIT Sport. Honda says they don't have them - Base FIT only - it seems. This post shows the rear flaps and it looks like they might fit, question is will they effectively reduce the dirty tail issue.

Others have said the rear spoiler is what causes the problem and mud flaps just wont help with it.

Anyone have any real life experience with the Sport?

K_C_

Old 07-28-2010, 01:32 PM
this is good news, love my flaps on my civic. will hafta get some for my fit when it comes in.

H and A seems to have the best price right now - $65 shipped.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah but has anyone actually installed them. The post isn't real clear on that as I read it.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
If I recall correctly.... the rear mudflaps fit with no modification on the Sport models.... but the front don't fit due to the sport side skirts.... I've been thinking of removing the side skirts to install the mudflaps, but I'm still undecided...

Old 07-28-2010, 10:03 PM
hex
rally armor's general use, can't you use them?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:15 PM
The Honda splash guards are junk, they might be okay "in the city" but no way will they last for people like me with a gravel driveway and real snow. Not only that but the way they wrap around the body allows mud and debris to get trapped between the guard and the body.

For $30 more get the poly Rally Armor universals. I'm getting a set after I get my springs and rear sway. The fronts will be easy to mount, the rears I think I may have to drill some holes. Not sure yet.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
i just ordered a set for my sport. the rears will fit with no mod, but the fronts won't due to the skirts, so...i'm gonna chip-foose it and just cut the extra on the front flaps to make them fit the way I want... I'll post pics when I get them on. they left hutchin's tx this morning at 6:23am. gotta love tracking numbers.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
rear splash guards

Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Bumping this because I'm getting tiered of how dirty the tail of my FIT keeps getting.

There's been a lot of posts on mud flaps on the FIT Sport. Honda says they don't have them - Base FIT only - it seems. This post shows the rear flaps and it looks like they might fit, question is will they effectively reduce the dirty tail issue.

Others have said the rear spoiler is what causes the problem and mud flaps just wont help with it.

Anyone have any real life experience with the Sport?

K_C_
K_C;

No experience with the Sport, but the Base '09 Fit I drive came with the full set of dealer-installed splash guards -- front & rear. Our '10 "sister" car doesn't have them. If you look closely at the pic below, you can just make out the guards on Jadzia to the left.

They do help keeping mud streaks & the like off the lower rear bumper & rocker panels, but the tail still gets dirty when driving on wet roads. There's enough turbulence behind the car that at freeway speeds the rear wiper is on all the time when it's wet; 'cause otherwise I can't see through the road spray that builds up on the rear glass. There's no difference in this regard with or without the splash guards.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks Corner - I've been concerned about the rear bumper.

How about the flat part under the hatch door. Any difference?

Old 07-31-2010, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Thanks Corner - I've been concerned about the rear bumper.

How about the flat part under the hatch door. Any difference?
No, the flat part of the bumper under the hatch door gets just as dirty with or without the splash guards.

Remember, the guards only intercept a small part of the spray coming off the wheels in the rain. You can see when you pass other cars that not only does it come off the tread to the back, but also gets blown out the wheelwells to the side. Then there's all the spray you drive through generated by other vehicles, especially 18-wheelers.

It's all this stuff that gets caught in the wake of the Fit and redeposited on the back window, hatch, bumper, etc. It's one of the drawbacks of the hatchback/van/wagon body style, no matter the actual vehicle.

Quick Reply: Mudflaps for 09 Sport?