2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

09 Accessories. which are the best

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Where is everyone getting there armrest console from?

The best price I've seen is from Collegehillshonda.com for $179
Is there any better deals out there?
I think bernardihonda.com is slightly cheaper, but I don't know if it's worth a couple bucks, or what taxes and shipping would do to it. I had a good experience with them and their shipping was prompt.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bluebledthesea
My apologies, I meant cargo TRAY. I would consider the mat, but I also want something that would add a little more rigidity to the floor. Ah well, looks like I'm kind of SOL for now. I'll have to think about making something myself.
Cool, no prob. Get the mat, and cut a 1/4" or 1/2" piece of MDF to fit under the mat, it will add rigidity, and be easy to clean, or just do the MDF by itself. Maybe, maybe, maybe, Weather Tech might eventually release a cargo tray type of covering, if the demand is there for them.

Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Where is everyone getting there armrest console from?

The best price I've seen is from Collegehillshonda.com for $179
Is there any better deals out there?
I got mine from collegehills also. Most buy it either from them or bernardi. You can try to find them on ebay as well. Buying it from your local dealer will surely cost more, unless they are willing to price match the online prices.

Last edited by FitStir; 01-21-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Ok thanks bluebledthesea and FitStir.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by bluebledthesea
My apologies, I meant cargo TRAY. I would consider the mat, but I also want something that would add a little more rigidity to the floor. Ah well, looks like I'm kind of SOL for now. I'll have to think about making something myself.
I have the tray on order. It looks bigger in the picture than I thought. I was also looking for something a little stronger than the current, standard floor. I'll see how it works. A removable piece of plywood might be an alternative for 'heavy' loads. I'll have to explore the cargo area a little more and see where the support points are located.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member
Ambient Light

I had ambient light installed by the dealership. I think that it is cool.
The light is not very bright, and does not become obvious until it is dark. The switch, which is placed near one of the empty switch boxes on the left, is hooked up to the headlight control, so that if the headlights are off, it also turns off automatically.

Please excuse the dirty floor mats. I did not have the chance to clean it since it snowed here in New York a few days ago.

In taking the picture: I used a Canon PowerShot A720is, in Shutter Speed priority mode, and exposed for 3.5 seconds, while holding the camera against the headrest. Hence the camera shake.

By unsamanbay, shot with Canon PowerShot A720 IS at 2009-01-23

By unsamanbay, shot with Canon PowerShot A720 IS at 2009-01-23

Last edited by Bisaya; 01-23-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Nice pics, Bisaya!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you...

Old 01-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Retired Moderator
Looks nice!!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by FitStir
Yeah I think just for that it's definately worth it. You save on dings, scratches and dents... The more I think about it the more I say that's probably got to be my first mod.

I think my order of importance

Side trim.
Wheel locks. (hopefully my dealer won't forget to throw those in)
Carpet floor mats (and the rubber weathertech for the winters)
Armrest console.
Cargo Cover
Cargo Mat The JDM Honda one
Rear bumper applique (maybe the chrome one from zeta)
and this door handle area protector

I can see my g/f's ring scratching up all the paint in that area. Maybe a chrome door handle protector to match with the zeta chrome applique.

I think I might wanna little chrome theme going on, kinda give it that luxury styling.. (ie. Mercedes-Benz type.. lol) I'm actually serious too.

Then the LED interior lights.
Auto-Folding heated mirrors with turn winkers, and the Aqua Clean glass.
and a few other JDM mods..

This car just makes me wanna customize it, so much you can do with it, and still keep it on the not too flashy side.

We will be offering chrome lower door handle covers soon. Stay tuned.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zetaproducts.net
We will be offering chrome lower door handle covers soon. Stay tuned.

Please don't. I have no idea where people's obsessions with chrome come from. It will not match the car at all and it will look Ricey. Isn't there a color matched protector or possibly a brushed steel that would work?

I understand that the market is demanding it, but can you also offer some substitutes?

Last edited by Goodguy-Fly; 01-23-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly
Please don't. I have no idea where people's obsessions with chrome come from. It will not match the car at all and it will look Ricey. Isn't there a color matched protector or possibly a brushed steel that would work?

I understand that the market is demanding it, but can you also offer some substitutes?
So far there are no other colors. It is possible to sand them down and paint them any color. Just a thought.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
I was at the dealer this morning to get some accessories installed on the Fit I picked up a week ago, and they completely screwed it up. When I bought it, we had agreed on me getting the All Season Protection package (all season mats, cargo tray, bumper applique), the flip up cargo cover, and wheel locks as part of the deal.

They called me and said they were all in, so I went down to get them today, and instead I ended up with carpeted floormats and no cargo cover. Plus they screwed up the bumper applique and it's got a bunch of air bubbles in it, so they said they will do it again. But they seemed confused when I said I was supposed to get all season mats and the cargo cover. I'm a little perturbed.