2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

09 Accessories. which are the best

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly
I'm not sure if I will be getting the side moldings. The car has many lines, I'm not sure that it needs anymore.
I agree to a certain extent...if I had more money to burn,,,I would most likely end up buying them (they do offer some additional protection against door dings) I'm more apt to spend my money first on:
Center armrest
Leather Shift knob
Door sill trim
Side outlet panel trim
Door visors
(in that order)

Already have all season mats and cargo tray......

Last edited by reako; 11-23-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tigerman50
I just bought a ORM 2009 , I had the moldings on my old Subie and when I sold it I noticed there were 4 or 5 places on each molding where it had saved the doors .
Definitely worth the investment .
Later ,the Tigerman
Yeah I think just for that it's definately worth it. You save on dings, scratches and dents... The more I think about it the more I say that's probably got to be my first mod.

I think my order of importance

Side trim.
Wheel locks. (hopefully my dealer won't forget to throw those in)
Carpet floor mats (and the rubber weathertech for the winters)
Armrest console.
Cargo Cover
Cargo Mat The JDM Honda one
Rear bumper applique (maybe the chrome one from zeta)
and this door handle area protector

I can see my g/f's ring scratching up all the paint in that area. Maybe a chrome door handle protector to match with the zeta chrome applique.

I think I might wanna little chrome theme going on, kinda give it that luxury styling.. (ie. Mercedes-Benz type.. lol) I'm actually serious too.

Then the LED interior lights.
Auto-Folding heated mirrors with turn winkers, and the Aqua Clean glass.
and a few other JDM mods..

This car just makes me wanna customize it, so much you can do with it, and still keep it on the not too flashy side.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:54 PM
For me:

1. All-season floor mats
2. All-season cargo mat.

I work in construction and I want to be able to through my boots, nomex and other tools in the back hatch when I'm to and from work. The ability to shake out the dirt for the weekends is a plus.

3. Rear bumper applique.

I go to work in normal close and some flip flops. I sit on the rear bumper with the hatch open while I put on my boots and nomex and then do the same as I take them off at the end of the day. I really don't want to scratch up the rear bumper, so this looks like a winner.

4. I'm debating on the center console, but I want to see more pictures of it on other people's cars before I do it myself.
5. Shift knob. I don't know, I might go with something all-black from another company, maybe Momo.
6. Aluminum foot pedals. I've never had them on a car, I don't know if they offer any function over the stock pedals. Can anyone comment on them? If they're just bling then I'm out, but if they do ensure better foot traction then I'm in.
7. Remote start. Is it available for the manual trans? It would be a nice perk.
8. There are probably others, but that's a start.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:24 AM
I've already ordered the all season mats, and probably getting the cargo tray for xmas. Other than that I'm definitely getting door visors to go with my tint and probably the shift knob. I'm looking at the side moldings and the cargo cover, but they seem expensive for what they offer. Remote start would be cool but I don't see Honda installing that on a MT. You would have to rely on only the emergancy brake when parking your car.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 AM
I dropped a frozen ice filled water bottle on my passenger door sill and caused a small dent/ding. So... now I'm thinking I should probably get the door sill trim (and I think they look cool also). Does anyone know if it's ok to just tack it on over the dent or if that would cause a problem...? Also, the Honda website says the ambient air temp needs to be 60 degrees or above. That won't happen here in Seattle until probably March or April.... Anyone know what might happen if you try to put them on in lower temps or will they really not adhere well?

I did just have the dealer install the ambient footwell lighting and the sport grille. I love them both!! I also got Honda's leather shift knob with the blue stitching which coordinates really nicely with the blue interior lighting :-)

Old 12-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Ha. I just bought the rear bumper aplique and the instructions say the same thing! 60 degrees or above. I'm also in the Pac NW... I wonder if I really need to wait.

Originally Posted by SeattleRain
I dropped a frozen ice filled water bottle on my passenger door sill and caused a small dent/ding. So... now I'm thinking I should probably get the door sill trim (and I think they look cool also). Does anyone know if it's ok to just tack it on over the dent or if that would cause a problem...? Also, the Honda website says the ambient air temp needs to be 60 degrees or above. That won't happen here in Seattle until probably March or April.... Anyone know what might happen if you try to put them on in lower temps or will they really not adhere well?

I did just have the dealer install the ambient footwell lighting and the sport grille. I love them both!! I also got Honda's leather shift knob with the blue stitching which coordinates really nicely with the blue interior lighting :-)

Old 12-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by pizzicato
Ha. I just bought the rear bumper aplique and the instructions say the same thing! 60 degrees or above. I'm also in the Pac NW... I wonder if I really need to wait.
I just talked with a friend of mine who works on cars for a hobby and he said I should wait until Spring. He said the adhesive needs to cure, so the temperature should be at least 60 degrees for proper adhesion.... Anyways, just to be on the safe side I think I'll wait. Although I'm sure the dealer is installing these things on new cars regardless of it being winter....

Old 12-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by SeattleRain
I just talked with a friend of mine who works on cars for a hobby and he said I should wait until Spring. He said the adhesive needs to cure, so the temperature should be at least 60 degrees for proper adhesion.... Anyways, just to be on the safe side I think I'll wait. Although I'm sure the dealer is installing these things on new cars regardless of it being winter....
It was a little above 50 degrees down here in Eugene today, so I went ahead and installed it! We'll see if it stays on. Hopefully, it won't rain either in the next 24 hours... I posted some photos in another thread if you're interested in some pix.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...plique-tf.html

Old 12-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by pizzicato
It was a little above 50 degrees down here in Eugene today, so I went ahead and installed it! We'll see if it stays on. Hopefully, it won't rain either in the next 24 hours... I posted some photos in another thread if you're interested in some pix.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...plique-tf.html
I just looked at the pics. I think it looks great - especially on a white car! Let me know if it stays on ok. I really don't want to wait until Spring to stick on my door sill trim....

Old 01-20-2009, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
For me,

All weather floor mats (for keeping carpet clean)
cargo tray (for keeping tray carpet clean and intact)
cargo cover (for hiding my gear in the trunk)
wheel locks (for slowing down the wheel thieves)
armrest (for a place to store my sunglasses)

Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 AM
What I've got is in my sig. I also ordered the interior illumination kit which I plan to try to install this weekend (if it comes in by then). I'd say the floor mats (carpet or all-weather) are the only must-have, just because I've heard the carpet is cheap and wears out quickly. Otherwise it's just all about your personal taste! I've got pictures of all my accessories here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...cessories.html.

With the bluetooth, I wouldn't have the dealer install it if I were you. Find a good car audio shop near you and have them do it, if you don't want to do it yourself. I learned that one the hard way (luckily got a full refund).

Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
I have the window visor already. My next upgrades:

Mud Guards(Base Fit!)
Center console
All season mats
Cargo cover
JDM front and rear emblems

Possible future upgrade:
Fog lights
Side moldings

Aftermarket upgrades:
Rims

Old 01-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Here are mine:

* Rear bumper applique
* JDM Cargo Mat
* Honda All-Weather mats (tried Weathertech, not made specifically for our cars)
* Side Trim
* Door sill trim

Tough for me to rank them, all were basically for protection of my car, both exterior an interior. I put VentureShield on as well.

Very impressed with the JDM Cargo cover, does exactly what I was looking for. The door sill trim still leaves a lot of paint uncovered that I'm already scratching up getting in/out, wished it covered more toward the bottom of the door sill. If you have an AT 09 I would highly recommend the Weathertech trays, great product and protection. Unfortunately not for the manuals.

Good luck, have fun

Old 01-20-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm really surprised that no one has ever said anything about how the center console doesn't match!!

I think the center console is awesome...GREAT QUALITY.

HOWEVER...the fabric/material that the cover is made of is COMPLETELY different than anywhere else in the entire car! To me, it's soooo out of place. Plus, I don't get it, there's already so many other places to put/hide things...for me, I don't need another compartment.

Anyone else notice this??

Old 01-21-2009, 01:47 AM
for me:

1. window visors
2. armrest
3. all-season floor mats

good prices over here:

Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine Factory Honda Accessories, made by Honda for your Honda.

i ordered a bunch of parts from them for my old 00' crv

Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 AM
first thing i got was all weather floormats.

next one will be rear cargo cover

Old 01-21-2009, 09:46 AM
What's everyone's experience with the cargo mat? I've considered it, but it looks like there is a large lip that would get in the way when you fold the seats down. It doesn't really seem practical to me, and I wouldn't be putting it in to catch spills.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bluebledthesea
What's everyone's experience with the cargo mat? I've considered it, but it looks like there is a large lip that would get in the way when you fold the seats down. It doesn't really seem practical to me, and I wouldn't be putting it in to catch spills.
I believe you are talking about the Cargo Tray?

The Cargo Mat from Honda, a JDM import doesn't have a lip, it does however come in 3 pieces to cover the cargo area, and the back of the rear seatbacks.

JDM Cargo Mat ---> Translation result for http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/fit/carlife/cargomat.html

The Cargo Tray available at most US dealers.

I bought the Mat from an ebay seller in Japan and will be installing it this week as soon as my car comes.
Others have already installed it check some of the threads below for more info.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ighlight=cargo
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ighlight=cargo

Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Where is everyone getting there armrest console from?

The best price I've seen is from Collegehillshonda.com for $179
Is there any better deals out there?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:40 AM
My apologies, I meant cargo TRAY. I would consider the mat, but I also want something that would add a little more rigidity to the floor. Ah well, looks like I'm kind of SOL for now. I'll have to think about making something myself.

Quick Reply: 09 Accessories. which are the best