2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

WeatherTech Floor Liners Now Available!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:52 AM
Just found this thread and placed an order for the Weathertech floor liners (front). I emailed them, they said they currently have stock and I should be getting them this week

Personally, I find the Honda all weather mats are kinda crappy

Old 11-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Really? When I asked last Thursday, I was told another 3 week wait! This is from WeatherTech Canada, agent Denise Wiegerinck (denisew@marcor.ca) Were you talking to the same person?

Mystery solved! Checked your public profile and see that you drive a 2007 Fit. Explains why they have stock. For everyone in Canada looking for the liners to fit in the 2009 model, it is still a 3 week wait....

Originally Posted by mar1b0r0man
Just found this thread and placed an order for the Weathertech floor liners (front). I emailed them, they said they currently have stock and I should be getting them this week

Personally, I find the Honda all weather mats are kinda crappy

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 11-17-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Ok, we got a dumping of snow here in Sudbury yesterday so I'm getting antsy for the WeatherTech liners! Has any other Canadian placed an order for these? How long were you told until the liners ship? Lastly, is there any other place other than WeatherTech Canada that sells these in Canada?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Ok, we got a dumping of snow here in Sudbury yesterday so I'm getting antsy for the WeatherTech liners! Has any other Canadian placed an order for these? How long were you told until the liners ship? Lastly, is there any other place other than WeatherTech Canada that sells these in Canada?
I forgot to order last week and just did it a few minutes ago online; I went with grey.

The website says 7 to 10 business days for delivery, and it didn't change when I tried selecting black and beige. I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if this still holds true. Hopefully, grey isn't as popular and there won't be any delays.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:44 PM
You should be getting an email from them very soon that says: "
Dear WeatherTech Customer

We have processed your order XXXXX and unfortunately these particular parts are temporarily on backorder due to their popularity and may exceed the 14 day delivery time. We will contact you as soon as your order becomes shippable. We appreciate your patience and will do everything possible to ship your order as soon as possible. Thank You."

Note that it isn't because the supply is exceeding demand that there is a delay. It's that they JUST began producing the liners for the 2009 Fit hence also began shipping very recently. Also, I found out today that there is NO production facility in Canada. WeatherTech USA produces these then ships them to WeatherTech Canada. Folks in the States began receiving the 2009 liners in early November.

Now why it is taking over 2 weeks to get these over the border to us in Canada is beyond me, but there you go. Last I heard was that the liners for the 2009 Fit (regardless of color) will begin shipping around December 5th here in Canada. The lady who handles online sales (Denise Wsomething) is sick so they can't really give you an update if you call. I know because I tried calling WeatherTech Canada today for an update...

Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
I forgot to order last week and just did it a few minutes ago online; I went with grey.

The website says 7 to 10 business days for delivery, and it didn't change when I tried selecting black and beige. I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if this still holds true. Hopefully, grey isn't as popular and there won't be any delays.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:49 PM
^^^ Thanks for the update.

My email says something different with no mention of stock being back ordered.
Dear FiveFreshFish,
Thank you for your purchase from WeatherTech Canada.
ORDER # XXXXXXXX
Order Date: 11/20/2008

Please note, we will make every effort to ensure your order leaves complete and as soon as possible. With the diversity of population density in Canada, both of our couriers are forced in certain instances to surcharge shipments headed to remote or difficult to service destinations. If our couriers classify your location as such, we will advise you as soon as possible before processing your order of this surcharge. We use two couriers in an effort to provide the most economical option possible for you.

Thank you for choosing WeathertechCanada.com as your supplier of these fine products and we hope you enjoy their many benefits for years to come.
Customer Service
Telephone – (800) 441-6287
Email – sales@weathertechcanada.com, or reply to this email

2009 Honda Fit FloorLiner™ DigitalFit™ 1st Row Grey
Qty. 1
SubTotal $142.95
GST Amount (5%) $7.15
Total $150.10
Shipping Method Ground
Miles Earned 0

Old 11-21-2008, 10:03 AM
I ordered on Friday October 31 and received that exact email confirmation the same day. Oh but here in Ontario we get an extra 8% in taxes. Darn it! I got the other email on Monday November 3rd, telling me there was a delay. I asked WeatherTech for an update on November 13rd and received the following response: "Because this is a brand newly release part it is taking some time. The good news is that you are first in line for this application. I still do not expect them to be available for about 3 weeks. Thanks, Denise" I called yesterday and was told Denise (who handles all Internet orders) is sick so they couldn't give me an update on when the front liners will be available to us Canadians. That would put first shipments as going out on Friday December 5th (earliest)....

Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
^^^ Thanks for the update.

My email says something different with no mention of stock being back ordered.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by animes2k
Well, I got my liners this weekend. The passenger side liner fits perfectly. My driver's side, on the other hand... It's like it's just a tad too wide for the space and it doesn't set into place perfectly like the other side.

Perhaps I need better light (it's overcast and it was edging on the end of the day when I put them in), but the driver's side wouldn't sit flat AT ALL and the result was the clutch pedal getting stuck behind the liner when depressed and released. NOT a safe situation at all.

The left and right sides of the liner are buckling slightly when I try to set it flat to the floor, indicating that they're getting a pinch somewhere and not fitting in correctly. I can't for the life of me figure out where that is, exactly. I removed the stock all weather mat and I might try removing the anchors, as well. Even though the liners have molding to accommodate the anchors, they MIGHT be interfering, but I doubt it.

I've just spoken with the VP of MacNeil for about 15 minutes about the issues I'm having and I'm happy that they're actively working to fix the fit and clutch pedal interaction.

It appears as if MacNeil is recommending these for AT cars only for the time being until they can address these issues - whether it's just an instance of my driver's side liner or something else.

Very cool. Thanks, Al!

Old 11-22-2008, 12:19 AM
You know , Weather Tech isn't the only company that makes form fitting
mats .
In my Rav 4 and Grand Prix , I've used form fitting mats from Rhino Liners .
Same type of set up for a lot less .
$88 a set .

Old 11-23-2008, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Rhino Liners

I had edit** Catch-All Liners in my 96 explorer, they were ok... I had the carpet liners, they match existing carpet better and have the functionality of trapping liquids, however, they were stained easily and over time anchors lost their grip causing the liners to become warped.

Has anyone had the same problems with the product from weathertech?

Last edited by S0L_GT; 11-23-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by ccaddy
You know , Weather Tech isn't the only company that makes form fitting
mats .
In my Rav 4 and Grand Prix , I've used form fitting mats from Rhino Liners .
Same type of set up for a lot less .
$88 a set .
do they make one for Fit? when i googled it it seems that they make mostly truck bed liners.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
do they make one for Fit? when i googled it it seems that they make mostly truck bed liners.
That appears to be the only thing they make ???

Old 01-05-2009, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Question Floor Liner only available for 2009 Automatics?????

I just called MacNeil, and they said the current Floor Liners only work with the Automatic version. Is the floor that different than the manuals that this wouldn't fit?

Also as of now there is no cargo liner, tray or mat.
They suggested I fill out the Product request form Application Request Form and I guess depending on demand they might make it.

just saw the previous post
Originally Posted by animes2k
I've just spoken with the VP of MacNeil for about 15 minutes about the issues I'm having and I'm happy that they're actively working to fix the fit and clutch pedal interaction.

It appears as if MacNeil is recommending these for AT cars only for the time being until they can address these issues - whether it's just an instance of my driver's side liner or something else.

Very cool. Thanks, Al!
I just called them, and still no news on a version that will fit the manual cars. Any update for your situation?

Last edited by FitStir; 01-05-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: saw previous post
Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM
FYI, I also purchased the liners for my 09 Manual. Saw this string, contacted Weathertech. They confirmed these are for the autos, and there are no plans to make them for the manuals. I'm bumming, these were exactly what I was looking for. Instead I'm trading for the all-season mats for front/rear. Not ideal for me, but they were very good to deal with in working the exchange, I would do business with them again.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Roland
FYI, I also purchased the liners for my 09 Manual. Saw this string, contacted Weathertech. They confirmed these are for the autos, and there are no plans to make them for the manuals. I'm bumming, these were exactly what I was looking for. Instead I'm trading for the all-season mats for front/rear. Not ideal for me, but they were very good to deal with in working the exchange, I would do business with them again.
Nice choice on the all-season mats! I bought them for my dad's Toyota Sienna and they catch everything (dirt, water, etc)! They're thick, heavy, and very durable.

Can you post a pic of the rear mats (installed) when you get them? I'm curious about how much of the rear floor they cover compared to the Honda all-weather floor mats.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 PM
As an update, I did finally get a mat for my MT car, but it was hand-cut - definitely not a production model. As such, I've got my original driver's side mat for sale (for an AT). I guess you could also try cutting it down to fit though the material is very tough.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...ner-black.html

Old 12-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Here's the link for Canadians: WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit? - 2009 Honda Fit - WeatherTech Floor Liner - floor liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt

Cost is $142.95 which INCLUDES freight, but is only for the 2 front mats. No listing for rear ones. Now I'm curious, having no experience with Weathertech. How does it compare to the Honda all-weather mats? With winter around the corner, I do want to maximize the protection of the carpeting. We gets tons of road salt/sand up here so this is critical! I WAS planning to keep my all-weather mats down and put my winter mats on top, but the "custom" fit of the Weathertech would seem like a better approach. Thoughts???
alright that's cool..i got here my weathertech floor mats and liners in a lower cost...they fit as what described on their illustrations

Old 12-23-2010, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Weird, I have had my weathertech mats in for almost a year in my GE Fit and never had any problems with the clutch pedal. The only thing I am doing different is that I left the OE Honda carpet mats in place. I doesn't have any fit issues if I do this.