2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

factory keyless entry system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:38 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 713_fit
i talked to my co worker (we both work at a honda dealership) (and he has experience in aftermarket alarm before, his mom own a car audio shop)
and he said i need these two items
horney 727t
pkh34 honda & acura transponder data override
im not sure if it will work or not..but he said if i want to use factory remote and add shock sensor..i need those two items....
im about to go to my guy that did my old car audio installation sometime this week hopefully and ask him personally and see if its possible
i will keep you all updated if i do it

this is good info keep us posted.
also here is what i found on this stuff
PKH34 Honda & Acura Transponder Data Override
Hornet 727T Security Upgrade for OEM Keyless Entry

Old 12-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Lek
The system that came with my fit was just an immobilizer.

I installed a full alarm system and the mirrors fold in auto on remote.

http://www.ninto.com/retract.html

Other products

http://www.ninto.com/jazz2008.html

Last edited by Lek; 12-08-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:58 PM
sorry guys for the disappointment, but i wont have time to take it to my car audio shop to let my installer check it out to see if its possible
im to busy this week
maybe i will give him a call and talk to him to see if its possible!
i be sure to check back and keep you all updated if its possible!

i want my shock sensors before i install my audio system!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
If this works, I think I'd rather get this done, and do the factory Honda remote start as well.... I know it will cost more than just getting a good Viper or other aftermarket alarm, but I kinda wanna stay OEM.

713_fit please let us know any updates... Good find, and good possible solution. Thank you!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Question

bump.

Any news on this?

Old 04-21-2009, 02:58 AM
sorry
i never got a chance to check
i been to bz with school
i schedule an appointment with my installer first sat of may
hopefully all goes well
i didnt forget you all!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
I have a Viper add-on system installed, it works off of the stock key-less entry system. Hit the lock button once, locks all the doors and arms the system. Hit Unlock to disarm the system. If the system is armed and a thief breaks in, kills the horn, he still has to bypass the immobilizer. Once he's done that he still has to spend the time under the pedals trying to re-wire the ignition system for power. If your alarm is triggered and you're not there to acknowledge it, it turns off after a while. It will beep a couple of times when you go to unlock your car, notifying you that it had been triggered. The system comes with an adjustable shock sensor, ignition block relay, and valet switch. For those in the San Diego area, I had my sound and security systems installed at Car Audio Heaven. I went to the one on El Cajon. Awesome service. Gave them a 5-star rating on Yelp.

I'll be adding a theft recovery system this weekend. I'll start a thread with a DIY.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by caliban10010
I have a Viper add-on system installed, it works off of the stock key-less entry system. Hit the lock button once, locks all the doors and arms the system. Hit Unlock to disarm the system. If the system is armed and a thief breaks in, kills the horn, he still has to bypass the immobilizer. Once he's done that he still has to spend the time under the pedals trying to re-wire the ignition system for power. If your alarm is triggered and you're not there to acknowledge it, it turns off after a while. It will beep a couple of times when you go to unlock your car, notifying you that it had been triggered. The system comes with an adjustable shock sensor, ignition block relay, and valet switch. For those in the San Diego area, I had my sound and security systems installed at Car Audio Heaven. I went to the one on El Cajon. Awesome service. Gave them a 5-star rating on Yelp.

I'll be adding a theft recovery system this weekend. I'll start a thread with a DIY.
do you know the viper product you brought?
thanks
so if someone breaks ur window without opening your door now the alarm will siren?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:52 PM
UPDATED!
i checked with my installer and said it can be done. There a viper product that can do that. caliban10010 probably used the same product. my installer is researcing for me right to get me the model number

Old 05-03-2009, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
According to the Viper site
CANBUS platforms:
  • 3901V Viper CANBUS OEM Security Upgrade System (for "Fault Tolerant" CAN Systems)
  • 3902V Viper CANBUS OEM Security Upgrade System (for "Single Wire" CAN Systems)
  • 3903V Viper CANBUS OEM Security Upgrade System (for "High Speed" CAN Systems)
These models are all the way at the bottom of this page ---> Viper - Security

So I guess one of these should work with our Fits, using the OEM remote, and you can get the optional remote start (viper) which would probably be less expensive than the Honda one.

Let us know which model will work with our Fits.

As for the DEI shock add-on, I'm not sure how that would get wired up, but it sounds like it would work as well.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by FitStir
According to the Viper site These models are all the way at the bottom of this page ---> Viper - Security

So I guess one of these should work with our Fits, using the OEM remote, and you can get the optional remote start (viper) which would probably be less expensive than the Honda one.

Let us know which model will work with our Fits.

As for the DEI shock add-on, I'm not sure how that would get wired up, but it sounds like it would work as well.
I will def post back the model number that my install gives me. He should respond to me tommarow, I just got my sound system installed yesterday, he didnt have time to look. He told me to shoot him an email to remind him and he will take a look at it monday.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
sorry guys...he not responding to me.....i emailed him twice already...i guess hes bz

Old 05-11-2009, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
If you find out let us know.

I was hoping to just get the parts and do the install myself cause I don't know any reputable alarm places, but I gotta find a place that doesn't look shady.... and knows what they're doing.

A friend of mine who used to work at a Honda dealer had told me that they used to send out their cars and refer customers to alarm install places to "upgrade" the factory alarms, but I didn't believe him at the time. However after reading up on some aftermarket upgrade alarms it seems possible, it just a matter of figuring out what system you need, etc.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
If you find out let us know.

I was hoping to just get the parts and do the install myself cause I don't know any reputable alarm places, but I gotta find a place that doesn't look shady.... and knows what they're doing.

A friend of mine who used to work at a Honda dealer had told me that they used to send out their cars and refer customers to alarm install places to "upgrade" the factory alarms, but I didn't believe him at the time. However after reading up on some aftermarket upgrade alarms it seems possible, it just a matter of figuring out what system you need, etc.
ok he not using viper anymore, he using automate, a brand of dei, same brand that make viper
AM1 Security Upgrade for OEM Keyless Entry Systems
Automate Security

Old 05-19-2009, 02:13 PM
bump'n

so i picked up my 09 fit sport yesterday and the dealership told me that all the cars on their lot had the alarm system installed on the car, but when i told them i didnt want it on the car, they just put a chip on this spot under the steering wheel. is there anyway to override that chip to make the factory alarm work?

Old 11-01-2009, 02:43 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
so anyone yet complete this yet?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
After some thought I'm thinking of going with either a DEI 504K Motion Sensor or a DEI 504M Motion Sensor add on to the OEM alarm.

After a google search I found that quite a few car owners have done this.
Lexus Forum
Infinity FX35/45 Forum
Infinity G35 Install
BMW E46 Forum
VW Forum

I guess the DEI add on would be the best option for those wanting to keep the OEM alarm but add on a motion sensor.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
After some thought I'm thinking of going with either a DEI 504K Motion Sensor or a DEI 504M Motion Sensor add on to the OEM alarm.

After a google search I found that quite a few car owners have done this.
Lexus Forum
Infinity FX35/45 Forum
Infinity G35 Install
BMW E46 Forum
VW Forum

I guess the DEI add on would be the best option for those wanting to keep the OEM alarm but add on a motion sensor.

after you get it done let us know so we can do it.