2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

09 honda fit jazz ge8 jdm led turn signal mirror cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Lek
Old 12-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by niko3257
has anybody seen these yet?
eBay Motors: 09 HONDA FIT JAZZ GE8 JDM LED TURN SIGNAL MIRROR COVER (item 120321647434 end time Oct-27-08 23:57:08 PDT)

or even better has anybody bought a set?

JDM chime in here and let us know what the deal is.
I bought a pair of Taffeta White LED covers from a guy from ebay. BUt do you know if anybody has installed one on their FIT (U.S. version).

Old 12-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Ichiro
I bought a pair of Taffeta White LED covers from a guy from ebay. BUt do you know if anybody has installed one on their FIT (U.S. version).

If you take pictures I can walk you trough it .. I have a Japanese Electrical service manual for the GE... it`s only 2 wires that you have to add...per side.. pretty easy to do... unless your trying to add the heated and folding mirror option

Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
If you take pictures I can walk you trough it .. I have a Japanese Electrical service manual for the GE... it`s only 2 wires that you have to add...per side.. pretty easy to do... unless your trying to add the heated and folding mirror option
I have not received them yet. They're coming from Japan. We're talking about 2009 Honda fit sport right? Thanks in advance anyway.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Ichiro
I have not received them yet. They're coming from Japan. We're talking about 2009 Honda fit sport right? Thanks in advance anyway.
Yep 09 GE Fit.....

Old 12-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi JDM,

What part do you need picture off for this guide?
I got my blinker sets last week..I give in to temptation easily I guess.

Ow. you are right about the 2 wires.

Thanks

BTW, any new picts for your mod?

Old 12-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by FITinMyPocket
Hi JDM,

What part do you need picture off for this guide?
I got my blinker sets last week..I give in to temptation easily I guess.

Ow. you are right about the 2 wires.

Thanks

BTW, any new picts for your mod?
I would need to see the under workings of the USDM Side mirrors per side with the Mirror and cover taken off... along with a few pictures of the door harness connector from both sides with the plug removed for the mirror.. along with a few others...but the pic`s need to be hi-res.

As far as my stuff... I have yet to get around to putting it on because my house stuff has not got here from Japan yet...

Old 12-20-2008, 04:12 AM
I see what i can do..after all the snow are gone I guess.

Thanks

I would need to see the under workings of the USDM Side mirrors per side with the Mirror and cover taken off... along with a few pictures of the door harness connector from both sides with the plug removed for the mirror.. along with a few others...but the pic`s need to be hi-res.

As far as my stuff... I have yet to get around to putting it on because my house stuff has not got here from Japan yet...

Old 01-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Reviving this thread from the dead...

So winkers are on my short list of remaining mods, was specifically looking at this type because A) they're prepainted and B) there's only two wires to deal with and C) they're OEM.

eBay Motors: 09 HONDA FIT JAZZ GE8 JDM LED TURN SIGNAL MIRROR COVER (item 110333346516 end time Jan-10-09 01:49:34 PST)

So has anyone received this style mirror yet and if so, how'd the install go? Couple more questions:

1) I see Storm Silver listed on the paint codes, but these are coming from Japan. Does anyone know if JDM paint codes = USDM paint codes?

2) Do these covers physically fit with no modifications, interferences, gaps, etc?

3) Two wires only, so I'd assume these just tie to the front turn signals. I've added side blinkers to a couple of my previous cars, and that's what I did. But it looks like these winkers are LEDs... does that cause any issues?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tobey457
Reviving this thread from the dead...

So winkers are on my short list of remaining mods, was specifically looking at this type because A) they're prepainted and B) there's only two wires to deal with and C) they're OEM.

eBay Motors: 09 HONDA FIT JAZZ GE8 JDM LED TURN SIGNAL MIRROR COVER (item 110333346516 end time Jan-10-09 01:49:34 PST)

So has anyone received this style mirror yet and if so, how'd the install go? Couple more questions:

1) I see Storm Silver listed on the paint codes, but these are coming from Japan. Does anyone know if JDM paint codes = USDM paint codes?

2) Do these covers physically fit with no modifications, interferences, gaps, etc?

3) Two wires only, so I'd assume these just tie to the front turn signals. I've added side blinkers to a couple of my previous cars, and that's what I did. But it looks like these winkers are LEDs... does that cause any issues?

Any insight would be much appreciated.
A few people have bought these, and afaik no one has installed them yet(on the 2009's GE8). JDM_DOHC_SiR should be installing the side mirrors with signal winker, heated, and autofold, which will require more wiring, and he will probably post up a DIY.

1) Paint codes are the same.
2) Since those are JDM OEM they will physically fit.
3) afaik the LED should not affect install.

also check the first sticky thread in this forum, there are a few other people waiting for a DIY as well.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
A few people have bought these, and afaik no one has installed them yet(on the 2009's GE8). JDM_DOHC_SiR should be installing the side mirrors with signal winker, heated, and autofold, which will require more wiring, and he will probably post up a DIY.

1) Paint codes are the same.
2) Since those are JDM OEM they will physically fit.
3) afaik the LED should not affect install.

also check the first sticky thread in this forum, there are a few other people waiting for a DIY as well.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm ready to buy a set, wonder if JDM Dave can get them any cheaper?

If they really do fit and there's only two wires, these should be cake to install. It would be really nice if someone could post up the electrical info, so these could be tied in at the kick-panel.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by tobey457
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm ready to buy a set, wonder if JDM Dave can get them any cheaper?
PM me.. I might be able to help . ..