2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Rear splash guards DO fit on '09 Sport!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Rear splash guards DO fit on '09 Sport!

So I was at Newmarket Honda picking up my locking gas cap yesterday and what did I see in the showroom? A Blue Sensation '09 Fit Sport WITH SPLASH GUARDS! Now I was told that due to the lower body kit, no splash guards would fit. I did ask the Service Department about this and no one knew anything. So for those of you with a Sport wanting those rear splash guards, I actually saw these fitted on our car! Wish I had a camera with me at the time, but no such luck....

Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Just the rear, not the front. Right?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Virtual
Just the rear, not the front. Right?
That's right. Am I crazy or are front AND rear splash guards not supposed to fit on the '09 Sport???

Old 10-19-2008, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
The front ones are on my LX. I don't think there's any that fit the sport front.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't know when I was at the dealership I opted out of the rear splash gaurd because I didn't think they would look good but the rear ones are growing on me and yes due to the side skirt on the sport they don't fit the front but the rears are fine

Old 10-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Ah crap. I even asked my dealer and he said "rear splash guards" don't fit! Are these even a stand-alone accessory? Not listed on the Honda Canada website and I don't think I've seen them anywhere, on their own.

Just to be clear, what exactly do those rear spash guards do anyways? Keep road spray/debris away from the rear bumper??? Want to be sure of what they do so I can decide if this is something I'd like to pursue....sigh...yes, this would be #14!

Old 10-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I think it's more of a courtesy thing keeps rocks from flying everywhere as well it protects your rear bumper from getting too much rock chips but at my dealership it was part of the protection package (all season mats, rear cargo tray, splash gaurd) I want the window visors but don't know how the 09 fit looks and I don't want to pay 150 for Mugen visor, cause after all it's sun visors

Old 10-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by j6kwok
I think it's more of a courtesy thing keeps rocks from flying everywhere as well it protects your rear bumper from getting too much rock chips but at my dealership it was part of the protection package (all season mats, rear cargo tray, splash gaurd) I want the window visors but don't know how the 09 fit looks and I don't want to pay 150 for Mugen visor, cause after all it's sun visors
Oh ok. I actually DID have the protection package you mentioned on order, then my dealer confirmed (wrongly, evidently) that the rear splash guards do NOT fit. Crap. This would be the same dealeship who told me that Honda DOES NOT make a locking gas cap. Hmm...what's this then?????

Oh look....it actually fits on an '09 Fit! But of course, "Honda does not make a locking gas cap":

Old 10-19-2008, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Yes the rear mudguards are available on their own. They were offered to me for my LX (Front ones came stock). Didn't get them as I don't see a need to protect plastic (bumper) with plastic (mudguard).

Old 10-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Yes the rear mudguards are available on their own. They were offered to me for my LX (Front ones came stock). Didn't get them as I don't see a need to protect plastic (bumper) with plastic (mudguard).
Well since I got my entire front end covered with plastic (Ventureshield), I'll probably get the rear splashguards. Would have been great to get them for the front where they would protect MY car, but I see how it would be impossible to fit them with the Sport body kit.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
The rear splash guards will mitigate some "wear" on the rear bumper. My 94 Integra didn't have any splash guards and over time there was some light speckling where the guard would have been.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
The rear splash guards will mitigate some "wear" on the rear bumper. My 94 Integra didn't have any splash guards and over time there was some light speckling where the guard would have been.
Sigh...ok, will email my dealer about pricing on the rear splash guards AND the Fit logo with a blue dot. He's going to thing I'm freaken nuts after all I put him through during the purchase process....oh well...

Old 10-19-2008, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Why mess with the logo? Aren't you at least a bit concerned about the paint finish when they pry off the logo?

Btw. I prefer the new logo.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Why mess with the logo? Aren't you at least a bit concerned about the paint finish when they pry off the logo?

Btw. I prefer the new logo.
Um, YEAH. I'm pretty overprotective of my Pumpkin, as I'm sure many people here know by now. Apparently it is a very easy job with a hairdrier and dental floss/fishing line plus "goo-b-gone". Reading old posts now and no one damaged their paint doing this. Yes, this is one job (only one really) that I would seriously consider doing myself for the above reasons. I'm pretty meticulous so would be sure that the utmost care would be taken with the paint if doing the job personally.

Come on, that little blue dot on the 1st generation Fits is pretty darn cute (and remember, I'm a girl so my scale of cute may differ from yours)! It's the only thing I envy on those cars....

Old 10-19-2008, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
There's no risk in damaging your paint other than it will inevitably have a few microscratches from trying to rub off the goo. But before you apply the new emblem you simply apply a few rounds of polish to polish out those microscratches (which will be hidden with the new emblem anyway). It's definitely doable for you.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
There's no risk in damaging your paint other than it will inevitably have a few microscratches from trying to rub off the goo. But before you apply the new emblem you simply apply a few rounds of polish to polish out those microscratches (which will be hidden with the new emblem anyway). It's definitely doable for you.
See! This is something even I can do. Will post pics (of course) if I actually go this route....

Old 10-23-2008, 05:38 AM
Update: I spoke with my Honda service guy today, and according to him (i.e. "take with a grain of salt"), he said that the splash guards for the '09 Sport models will be available in "late November" (will be compatible with the side body kit).

Old 10-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by L.B.
Update: I spoke with my Honda service guy today, and according to him (i.e. "take with a grain of salt"), he said that the splash guards for the '09 Sport models will be available in "late November" (will be compatible with the side body kit).
Ah ha! I wasn't nuts. The original splash guards DO NOT fit on the Sport but looks like Honda engineered rear ones that do. If you guys/gals find out pricing, please post here ok? Especially interested to hear back from my fellow Canucks as this is something I'd like to get installed ASAP.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:48 AM
I want RallyArmor mud flaps. I had them on the Subaru and they're awesome at keeping stuff from kicking up. But they don't make them for the Fit... Or anything aside from Subaru, Mitsubishi and the Mazda 3.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Do the splash guards get in the way in the winter in the snow? That would make the FIT a no GO. Just a thought.