2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

IPOD / navi menu issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:46 PM
IPOD / navi menu issue

So, i've had my M/T fit sport for about 2 weeks now, and while I enjoy the navi system (I bought it mainly because i thought the regular radio was fugly, and i wanted VSA) my ipod connects and plays fine, sound quality is excellent. HOWEVER when you finally do select a song to listen to, the navi screen only lets you return to viewing the "track list" for that album OR the original "ipod menu." which starts you back off at "A" in whatever you search for

so if i'm listening to say, The Rolling Stones, and i wanted to switch from "bridges to babylon" to "forty licks" i can't just go {return} to track list then {return} to albums, as the ipod software allows. I have to cycle all the way through {ipod menu} >{artists} > scroll all the way back down to R {Rolling Stones} > {forty licks} this takes FOREVER!!! is there any way to just go backwards to previous files? i can't seem to find anything in the navi system manual. i'm using an 80G ipod classic it's about a year old.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:07 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by what?
So, i've had my M/T fit sport for about 2 weeks now, and while I enjoy the navi system (I bought it mainly because i thought the regular radio was fugly, and i wanted VSA) my ipod connects and plays fine, sound quality is excellent. HOWEVER when you finally do select a song to listen to, the navi screen only lets you return to viewing the "track list" for that album OR the original "ipod menu." which starts you back off at "A" in whatever you search for

so if i'm listening to say, The Rolling Stones, and i wanted to switch from "bridges to babylon" to "forty licks" i can't just go {return} to track list then {return} to albums, as the ipod software allows. I have to cycle all the way through {ipod menu} >{artists} > scroll all the way back down to R {Rolling Stones} > {forty licks} this takes FOREVER!!! is there any way to just go backwards to previous files? i can't seem to find anything in the navi system manual. i'm using an 80G ipod classic it's about a year old.

i get the same thing with my usb drive.
which leads me to believe that this is how
they made it. and theres no way around it.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 PM
CBX
It functions the same way on the non-navi model. With hundreds of artists on my iPod, it would be nice to be able to scroll through them quickly, as on the iPod itself.

At times I have unplugged the iPod to find an album, then continued play from there.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:57 AM
maybe honda will put out a software update that resolves this issue? i would imagine a system costing nearly $2,000 would have better integration.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:02 PM
From what I am reading in this thread, both USB and iPod song selection in the Navi models force you to go back to the beginning every time you want to select a new song or artist. Same for non-navi + iPod.

I am using a USB in a non-navi and it DOES allow me to skip songs forward or backward (using the < and > buttons on the headunit. Also, i can skip to the next album by using the ^ and V buttons. None of this 'back to the beginning" funny business.

Interesting that, in this case, the cheapest hardware combo works the best. (And no, I'm not gloating).

Old 10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
HMMMM i'm not positive i've tried the ˇ ˆ buttons to skip albums. But even so, my biggest qualm is not being able to go back to "artists" where I started (alphabetically). let's just say I haven't been listening to much Ziggy Marley.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:41 PM
ME TOO!!!

This drove us nuts on a recent road trip. If anyone figures out a solution or knows of a Honda firmware update, please post up!!