2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

OEM Interior "carbon fiber" trim pieces

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Thanks for the review.

Did you know that the 09 Fit is classified as a "mid-size"?

Was your 3 an auto?

When I saw your post I went to the kitchen and grabbed a snack.
Yes, I read that! Kind of hilarious really but the rear passenger leg room is far superior. Tried the "sit behind driver" test and the Fit is way roomier. Width I think it is 1-2" less, which is why I'm not so sure about seating 3 adults back there. The cargo capacity is a bit alarming if you just look at the trunk so I just lower my seats down or flip them up when going shopping. It really isn't too surprising the EPA categorized it as a mid size if you consider the space flexibility.

My Mazda3 was an automatic with the sport shift mode thing (never used it). I'm finally getting used to actually switching on my lights/wipers myself! It was kind of hilarious trying to decide when to turn my full lights on (is it dark enough now? What about NOW???) since my Mazda3's went off automatically. The wipers I do miss alot since they adjusted speed depending upon how hard the rain fell, but I'll live....

Snacking is good.... more energy to read/post and all. Oh but I do get that big dinner tonight! Oh oh...no more snacking for me!

Old 10-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
My dealership didn't have a clear bra package. I paid $900 cash to have this done 400 km from where I live (but where my sister resides). My "security package" was just window etching for $399 which my dealer added to the contract without consulting me. I had that removed the minute I actually noticed it.
The security package dollar amount was pre-printed on the invoice but was XXXXX'd out; same with the lame admin fee. I didn't ask for it, nor did they even mention it it was included at no charge. You'd think that they'd promote this freebie as a selling point but they didn't.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Just thought of another thing I love on the Fit - the fuel filler door is on the DRIVER'S SIDE! I went through 4 years with my Mazda3 whose fuel filler door is on the passenger side and I can tell you that it's a major hassle. If there was a "fuel sale", there was no way I could get my car in the lines since 90% of cars have the fuel tank on the driver side.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
The security package dollar amount was pre-printed on the invoice but was XXXXX'd out; same with the lame admin fee. I didn't ask for it, nor did they even mention it it was included at no charge. You'd think that they'd promote this freebie as a selling point but they didn't.
The only thing they slid in was the security package. I didn't have anything in my box beside "admin fee"....

Old 10-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Why would anyone pay a dealer to install these
They are peel and stick people
Do it yourself and make the purchase more reasonable .

-Craig
Ont/Can

Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by ccaddy
Why would anyone pay a dealer to install these
They are peel and stick people
Do it yourself and make the purchase more reasonable .

-Craig
Ont/Can
Do you know of a place in Canada that sells the B-pillar trim? I'd be willing to install myself if I could actually find a local place that sells it...

Old 10-14-2008, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Doesn't the dealer sell it at the parts counter?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Virtual
Doesn't the dealer sell it at the parts counter?
Well if I was going that route, it would be drastically cheaper to buy through someone like College Hills or Bernardi. They sell the trim for $162/$157.95 US vs. $217 US BUT of course they're in the US so shipping/duties would make that route too expensive. We don't have any online retailers in Canada for these types of accessories, do we? Well there's AJ but they don't carry the B-pillar trim...

Old 10-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Checking In...

As of yesterday, I've now installed the full interior CF trim kit (front/rear door switch panels + air vents + meter trim.) I like it a lot, but I think the air vent trim pieces would be much better if they were bigger, extending back to cover the entire cylindrical vent shape.

I was on the fence about the B-pillar trim. I'd like to see an aftermarket kit that includes B and C-pillar trim pieces. We'll see.

I also installed:

- Rear cargo cover
- Rear cargo area mat
- Rear cargo net
- All season floor mats
- Leather shift knob (AT)
- Body side molding (best OEM mod of all)
- Door sill trim (funny story...lets just say it will be corrected)

- Center console/armrest going in tomorrow

Old 10-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by AWDturbo
As of yesterday, I've now installed the full interior CF trim kit (front/rear door switch panels + air vents + meter trim.) I like it a lot, but I think the air vent trim pieces would be much better if they were bigger, extending back to cover the entire cylindrical vent shape.

I was on the fence about the B-pillar trim. I'd like to see an aftermarket kit that includes B and C-pillar trim pieces. We'll see.

I also installed:

- Rear cargo cover
- Rear cargo area mat
- Rear cargo net
- All season floor mats

Curious to how the installation goes. Everything else has been pretty easy on the OE accessories, but in the instructions the mention of a drill in the new car doesn't sound right.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:56 AM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

I also installed:

- Rear cargo cover
- Rear cargo area mat
- Rear cargo net
- All season floor mats

Sounds like you`ll be busy for the next day or two

Old 10-16-2008, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
I see you're up bright and early as I am, JDM, lol.

It's 3 am here and I should be asleep.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Retired Moderator
Talking

??? It`s 7 PM at night here in Japan for me

Old 10-16-2008, 06:16 AM
5 Year Member
Lol. I'm goin' in....trying to get some sleep yet again....

Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Lol. I'm goin' in....trying to get some sleep yet again....
Good luck.....

Old 10-16-2008, 09:04 AM

I also installed:

- Rear cargo cover
- Rear cargo area mat
- Rear cargo net
- All season floor mats

Wow! Your car accessories are very similar to mine except I didn't get the leather shift knob and, well, I let my dealership do all the installing since I'd definitely screw things up. In all my car now has: full interior carbon fiber trim, cargo cover, cargo mat, all season mats, centre armrest, body side molding, locking wheel nuts, rear bumper applique, OEM remote starter, and block heater. I DID have the door sill trim installed but they did a thouroughly crappy job so I had them remove it and throw in some interior trim instead.

I also think the side outlet ("vent") trim should have covered the entire thing. It would be nice too if there was similar trim to put on the "hood" that covers the 2 middle vents. That would tie in nicely with all the other pieces, I think. If you do get pics of the B pillar trim, please post them since I am also on the fence. For over $200, I wouldn't chance it until I was very sure it was a look I'd be happy with...

Old 10-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah - I forgot to list the rear bumper applique, too - that was the first thing that went on the other day.

The rear cargo cover DID require drilling 5 holes in the rear seatbacks to install snaps for the cargo cover fabric piece. It was the trickiest thing I did all day - had to make sure the snaps lined up correctly and with high spots on seatback structure. Worked out good, though.

And I did not install the driver side floor mat clips - at least not yet. The mat actually tucks in tight against the dead pedal, preventing forward slippage. I plan on getting the WeatherTech floor liners when they become available to use during Winter and using the Honda mats for Spring-Summer-Fall.

And as of this morning, my wheels/tires are now ordered (from Edge Racing) and snow tires ordered (from Tire Rack) so we're moving right along here...can't wait for my badges & springs from JDM DOHC SiR!

Old 10-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Wow, you're all over it aren't you? I got my winter set wrapped up before I even got my car! Well, I am in Northeastern Ontario Canada so it's a major priority. I got 15" Civic steel wheels and Nokia Hakkalappettia (sp??) R winter tires. Booked for installation on November 29th but I think that will be too late. May need to bump that up, likely 2 weeks or so.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Retired Moderator
As of this morning, my wheels/tires are now ordered (from Edge Racing) and snow tires ordered (from Tire Rack) so we're moving right along here...can't wait for my badges & springs from JDM DOHC SiR!

Soon my friend....soon

Old 10-29-2008, 03:33 PM
How much did you pay for all 7 pieces of carbon fiber... (meter trim, 2 vents, and 4 switch panels)?

Quick Reply: OEM Interior "carbon fiber" trim pieces