2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 last year for the Fit????

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
2009 last year for the Fit????

I've had my 2009 Tidewater AT Sport with navi for about a month (and I LOVE it). I purchased my Fit from Gwinnett Place Honda in Atlanta. I went to their website this evening (www.gphonda.com), clicked on the Fit and saw this in the window at the bottom of the page:

"2009 Honda Fit
The 5-door hatchback “Fit” was launched by Honda in North America in 2006. Elsewhere in the world, it is known as ‘Jazz’. The car replaced the existing Civic hatchback. It is available only in front wheel drive configuration. The car is very agile on urban roads and offers an exciting drive. Even though it has completed only 3 model years, the car is slated to be discontinued after the current 2009 model year."

Am I reading this right? How could demand be so high for the car and the dealer saying that it was going to be discontinued? I included the website so that others can see if I have misunderstood something that I read.

Rabbit

Old 10-11-2008, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
i doubt it...name something honda nixed off their line that was as popular as the fit.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Retired Moderator
I thing that they are talking about the GD chassis version of the FIT... not the current GE chassis..??

Old 10-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I thing that they are talking about the GD chassis version of the FIT... not the current GE chassis..??
I believe he is correct with this statement.

There is no way the Fit will be discontinued from the Honda lineup anytime soon.

In the future, you will only see further improvements for this model.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Sales are up what like 80% or something? lol no way in hell they are gonna get rid of the Fit, well not w/o a replacement at least.

For all we know the 2010 Insight could replace it. I mean its already been confirmed that the Fit Hybrid isn't coming to the US. What if they want to drive up the Insight sales so bad they'll cancel its closest sibling? The Insight is based heavily off the Fit.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
I'd have thought that maybe they were talking about the gasoline powered Fit and that it would no longer be sold when a hybrid was introduced but it didn't mention that at all...it is WAY too popular of a car for them to drop it......and I wouldn't have thought much of it if it hadn't have been posted on the dealer's website!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rabbit
I've had my 2009 Tidewater AT Sport with navi for about a month (and I LOVE it). I purchased my Fit from Gwinnett Place Honda in Atlanta. I went to their website this evening (www.gphonda.com), clicked on the Fit and saw this in the window at the bottom of the page:

"2009 Honda Fit
The 5-door hatchback “Fit” was launched by Honda in North America in 2006. Elsewhere in the world, it is known as ‘Jazz’. The car replaced the existing Civic hatchback. It is available only in front wheel drive configuration. The car is very agile on urban roads and offers an exciting drive. Even though it has completed only 3 model years, the car is slated to be discontinued after the current 2009 model year."

Am I reading this right? How could demand be so high for the car and the dealer saying that it was going to be discontinued? I included the website so that others can see if I have misunderstood something that I read.

Rabbit
Don't go by what any dealer says. Heck, my sales guy didn't even know that the Jazz comes in yellow in Japan and Europe! I have to tell him things all the time.

If you have a question, ASK THEM for their source for the information. And then, if they truly have a scoop on something coming down the road (so to speak), come back and tell us!!

Old 10-11-2008, 02:33 PM
hmm. very interesting. i doubt they would be discont. the fit. though the sales man stated when my girl got her ride that only a certain # are made beacuse of the structure... idk

Old 10-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I don't think they did a FMC (full model change) for the '09 model if it was only supposed to last one year. Honda runs on (at least) 5 year model cycles, sometimes even longer (look @ the Element, S2K & NSX).

Old 10-11-2008, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
It would truly be stupid to do all those changes to the Fit/Jazz only to discontinue it. And Japanese auto makers are not known for stupid.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
The November issue of Motor Trend has a really nice article on the 2009 Honda Fit. The writer even states that Honda anticipates production to be around 100,000 units next year. I can't imagine they would ditch the Fit because every car company is trying to get into the micro market due the gas prices and demand for a small economical car. Honda has definitely gotten it right with the Honda Fit.

Cat :x