2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone getting a sport auto for $17580 +tax and title?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by FyrFytr

$400 processing fee?

Let me guess...Pohanka?

I'm dealing with the Pohanka dealership in Fredericksburg, just put down a deposit on a Tafetta White Fit Sport yesterday.

I'm going through the Costco auto buying program, and the price is $300 over invoice, which is $300 below MSRP.

I brought up my apprehension to paying a $400 processing fee yesterday (for the third time). In the past, the salesperson (great to work with) told me the dealership is pretty staunch on charging that. So I asked for $200 in accessories to be thrown in. She told me she was going to throw in the cargo tray anyway, and then went and spoke to the manager (so I was told) and came back with an offer of $180 less for the sale price of the car.

The point: You may have to pay that processing fee. This is a hot car, and people (like me) are waiting a month or more for the color & model they want. We don't have much to bargain with here. Try to get them to lower the price, or throw in accessories for you to make up the difference in the $400 processing fee, and a fee you determine is reasonable. FWIW, Consumer Reports says $100 is reasonable and acceptable, and to question anything over this.

Good luck!

Wow, you nailed it--it IS Pohanka! Here's something odd--they contacted me through the Costco auto buying program as well. Now, I have not seen the Costco pricing sheet--what is the price on the car for the Costco price??? He wants to sell to me for MSRP plus the $400 fee. If the Costco price is less than MSRP, then why didn't I get quoted the correct Costco price??

Here's something else weird--he claims to have a 2009 Fit Sport in White (non-nav auto) that he is "holding" for me. Why did he not offer it to you already if he is having such a hard time with me?

Can you email me your Costco price sheet, if you have it already? I will PM you my email address.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by BoostLE
DCH Temecula emailed me a quote of 17380 + TTL for an 09 Sport Auto non-nav. We'll see what the price really is when we go in but I bought my 07 there and was very happy with it all.
I bought a 2009 sport auto with there so called pro package from DCH Temecula, 2 weeks ago for 17580 out the door excluding tax but including everything else besides the finance charge amount. Watch out for there sales staff they play hardball! I had to walk out on them and say no way for there bs pro package. They chased me out to my car pulling out and told me not to leave we will make a deal. Make sure you press it to them about the BAD Economy and how you can find deals at other dealerships.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:44 AM
I was told today that $399 was "standard" for their area for processing fees (Virginia Beach) though I'm traveling from Maryland (where I've only ever paid about $99 for doc fees).

They decided to knock $200 off that fee without too much fighting from me. I'm happy with that considering no other local dealer can even sell me ANY Fit, much less the spec I want (Sport 5MT) in the color (BBP) I want (I've had this one on order for a while).

Looking back at the paperwork, I can't believe it but I paid about $4000 in dealer markup on my S2000 when it was new (April 2000). I guess I'm paying $100 in excess markup on this car, too.