2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Questions About Navi

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Questions About Navi

I love this community and I guess that I'm a "long time listener, first time caller". I am about to order a Fit and I think that ~$1800 or whatever is way too much for just a Navi. But, it doesn't seem like that's all you get. I am aware of the VSA and the steering wheel controls that come with the package also, but I was wondering if anyone had any information on anything else that came with that package. Also, does the Navi give you more control over your iPod or more speakers or better sound or anything?

thanks guys.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:36 PM
The list of standard features for the sport model with Navi list VSA with traction control. Is the traction control to help front wheel spin in slippery conditions or is it just for when the car starts to slide around?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Not sure if it will give you better control over Ipod (since Honda might have to pay royalty fee to Apple) but if the Navi is the same as what they put on Acura it will be one sweet unit.
Too bad the Navi version is a bit rare..saw white one where I bought my blackberry and another white one in Seattle (the dealer tried selling it on eBay).

Originally Posted by Khallos
I love this community and I guess that I'm a "long time listener, first time caller". I am about to order a Fit and I think that ~$1800 or whatever is way too much for just a Navi. But, it doesn't seem like that's all you get. I am aware of the VSA and the steering wheel controls that come with the package also, but I was wondering if anyone had any information on anything else that came with that package. Also, does the Navi give you more control over your iPod or more speakers or better sound or anything?

thanks guys.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:54 PM
They didn't say anything much here but normally traction control engages when it detected a slip in the wheel.

Originally Posted by Toy Fit
The list of standard features for the sport model with Navi list VSA with traction control. Is the traction control to help front wheel spin in slippery conditions or is it just for when the car starts to slide around?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 PM
'09 Fit with navi hard to find

We paid for an '09 Fit Sport this week, manual & loaded with options, but could not find one with the navigation/stability control option. There seem to be none on the market yet. Does anybody actually have one?

One question: why did they bundle a safety feature with a non-safety convenience feature? I hate when they do this.

As for traction, we are putting 205/45 Yokohama Z-rated tires on the car, wrapped around 17x7.5 Enkei wheels

Old 09-24-2008, 11:45 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
as far as the Navi... you can basically do EVERYTHING using voice commands.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:28 AM
It also has a card reader slot behind the screen where you can use several different flash drives to stor up to 999 songs.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by radim
We paid for an '09 Fit Sport this week, manual & loaded with options, but could not find one with the navigation/stability control option. There seem to be none on the market yet. Does anybody actually have one? One question: why did they bundle a safety feature with a non-safety convenience feature? I hate when they do that
Keep in mind that Honda estimates demand for '09 Sports with navi to be 10% (70% Sport non-navi; 20% Base). As such, the car will be difficult to come by so early in the production process. That said, I received a call from a local dealer here in metro Detroit that they are due to receive soon a white AT w/navi.

In terms of your question about bundling an important safety feature (i.e., VSA) will such an expensive convenience feature, I'm scratching my head as well. Honda's motto/philosophy is, and has been, "Safety for Everyone." In my opinion, you'll see VSA as a stand-alone option within the next 2 years, as stability control is mandated on all US cars by model year 2012. As much as I'd love VSA, I'm not willing to shell out nearly $2k just to get it, and I'm too impatient to wait another year or two.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
I have to tell ya... I'm one of those 10 %.

Yes it hurts to shell out the the extra $ but I plan to have this car for quite some time so the safety and convienience will be worth it to me over time.

As a matter of fact, besides the great MPG (38 1st tank), I think the Navi is the best part of the car! It's at least the most enjoyable!

Old 09-25-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm also gonna be part of the 10%. I'm waiting for a white or blackberry sport with the navigation option. Clinton Honda in new jersey has a tidewater blue auto sport with navi,and a silver sport with navi.